For those that say McDermott is a younger jauron

Steptide

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Really then you need to read. I was positive about Phillips. Positive about happy with the win. 

So GTFO and back to your cup of Process 

I did read...you've posted 4 times in this thread and nowhere did you mention Phillips or being happy with the win. You must run your mouth so much that you don't even know what you say and where you say it. 

You should trade trademark "Cup of Process" it's quite clever. Another positive contribution from you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

I did read...you've posted 4 times in this thread and nowhere did you mention Phillips or being happy with the win. You must run your mouth so much that you don't even know what you say and where you say it. 

You should trade trademark "Cup of Process" it's quite clever. Another positive contribution from you. 

Umm because this thread is about McD and Dicky J there tough guy. So Yes I have serious questions about McD. If you dont like them the solution is very easy. DONT READ THEM. 

• Like (+1) 1

Umm because this thread is about McD and Dicky J there tough guy. So Yes I have serious questions about McD. If you dont like them the solution is very easy. DONT READ THEM. 

Alright MAJBobby, you win this one.

Have a great Sunday man. Go Bills!

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Well they are white and men and coached defenses before becoming a HC. That’s about where it stops. 

Oh an both didn’t have a ton of talent. Difference is that McDermott has his guys buying in.

Tends to happen when you pick culture over Talent. And McD ans Beane have their hands all over the talent gap 

Tends to happen when you pick culture over Talent. And McD ans Beane have their hands all over the talent gap 

Not really. 

They inherited a bad salary cap with players who didn’t seem to want to buy in. They are now building a team with guys they have drafted or signed. They focused on defense and a quarterback. Think they have done pretty good so far. 

Milano

Tre White

Hyde 

Poyer

H Phillips

T Edwards

Star

Murphy

Neal

2-2 with a rookie QB starting. 

The offense will get addressed the next off season. Takes a season to gel. My expectations are 2020 is the season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Weird because most people think McDermott has no personality. Just clapping, yelling, and having a pulse doesn't equate to personality.

That said, I'm not sure what "having personality" has to do with coaching a team.

If you are a zomibe...as in Jauron, how do you get your team motivated/fired up to play every week??  By standing there expressionless?  Jauron's teams played with no emotion.  If anyone thinks McD has no personality, they are too young to remember Jauron.

Edited by Azucho98

12 hours ago, SoTier said:

Get a clue.  Those comparing McDermott to Jauron aren't doing so because of a physical resemblance or similar demeanor. ?

Or, apparently, from any sane, rational, objective ability to analyze football...

10 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Don't care about personality... well then you don't understand any sort of team game, which breaks down to individual people and personal interactions. 

Titans offensive coordinator Matt LeFleur is a Shanahan and McVay disciple, supposedly one of the most innovative offensive minds in the game today... their modern NFL offense got them a whopping 4 field goals against this McDermott coached team that you despise so much. 

Just support your damn team and the next time a big time position opens with the Bills coaching staff, throw your resume in the pile - I'm sure they'll give you a long hard look. 

Another TSW nazi censor wannabe heard from.    If you want to be a cheerleader for the current crappy Bills regime, be my guest, but don't presume to tell others what they can post.  :thumbdown:

We saw McDermott take over the defensive play calling when it was needed and it helped. My concern is he cannot do that on the offensive side of the ball. It would be nice to have a coach that is prolific on both sides of the ball for a change. All that said I think he is doing a very to great job with what he has to work with.

11 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not really. 

They inherited a bad salary cap with players who didn’t seem to want to buy in. They are now building a team with guys they have drafted or signed. They focused on defense and a quarterback. Think they have done pretty good so far. 

Milano

Tre White

Hyde 

Poyer

H Phillips

T Edwards

Star

Murphy

Neal

The offense will get addressed the next off season. Takes a season to gel. My expectations are 2020 is the season. 

Wow NOT one offense. Yep more and more Dicky J like 

14 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Now THIS is a legit take.

The whole "McDermott is Jauron" thing comes from the like of BADOLBILZ and Bill in NYC, who are pretty vocal in their lack of belief in McDermott.

I'm in on the McDermott = Jauron thing too. I think at his core he is an ultra conservative, defensive minded coach, who would rather wait for the other team to make mistakes, punt and play defense, run the ball to shorten the game, doing just enough to win 14-13. 

I don't think he believes in passing offense becoming the strength of his football team. When hired he was asked what his kind of offense looks like, he said running the ball in snowy Buffalo and valuing players for Special Teams ability. How is that any different than how Rex approached offense?

I don't think he was joking. In interviews right now he is talking about winning the line of scrimmage, playing complimentary football. Playing smart, physical. Who have his OC's been - 200 year old Dennison and now run-heavy Daboll. 

No football fan would argue that those things aren't positives, but I don't see the Bills ever being able to score enough points to seriously threaten teams like the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Steelers, Patriots with the offense and style he is trying to build. 

Fans reference the cap space that we have next season, but judging the type of WRs and RBs this FO has signed in the past, I don't see dynamic playmakers coming to Buffalo in FA. If you have a choice as a WR, you're not choosing Buffalo. 

They traded up in the 2nd Round for a WR and settled on a possession WR from East Carolina. 

I'm not optimistic that we grow into a top flight offense with McDermott. I don't think he believes in it. I think he believes in defense and running. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I'm in on the McDermott = Jauron thing too. I think at his core he is an ultra conservative, defensive minded coach, who would rather wait for the other team to make mistakes, punt and play defense, run the ball to shorten the game, doing just enough to win 14-13. 

I don't think he believes in passing offense becoming the strength of his football team. When hired he was asked what his kind of offense looks like, he said running the ball in snowy Buffalo and valuing players for Special Teams ability. How is that any different than how Rex approached offense?

I don't think he was joking. In interviews right now he is talking about winning the line of scrimmage, playing complimentary football. Playing smart, physical. Who have his OC's been - 200 year old Dennison and now run-heavy Daboll. 

No football fan would argue that those things aren't positives, but I don't see the Bills ever being able to score enough points to seriously threaten teams like the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Steelers, Patriots with the offense and style he is trying to build. 

Fans reference the cap space that we have next season, but judging the type of WRs and RBs this FO has signed in the past, I don't see dynamic playmakers coming to Buffalo in FA. If you have a choice as a WR, you're not choosing Buffalo. 

They traded up in the 2nd Round for a WR and settled on a possession WR from East Carolina. 

I'm not optimistic that we grow into a top flight offense with McDermott. I don't think he believes in it. I think he believes in defense and running. 

If he was everything you say they would not have moved up to take a QB  when they did in the draft.  McD and Beane are the only management guys the Bills have ever had that took a QB in the top 10.  And Beane has said numerous times how important it is to have a QB that can throw in today's league.

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Tired take, because WHY would a run first play defense coach spend ALL that capital to draft a big-armed QB?

Makes no sense.

13 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not really. 

Milano

Tre White

Hyde 

Poyer

H Phillips

T Edwards

Star

Murphy

Neal

Beane does not get credit for Hyde and Poyer.

That was Doug Whaley. 

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Tired take, because WHY would a run first play defense coach spend ALL that capital to draft a big-armed QB?

Makes no sense.

They had to get somebody

I'm not opposed to a heavy run attack, but we're pretty poor in that area.

With that philosophy, ideally you can get some favorable deep ball looks off play action, but we haven't seen that from our offense. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

3 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

We saw McDermott take over the defensive play calling when it was needed and it helped. My concern is he cannot do that on the offensive side of the ball. It would be nice to have a coach that is prolific on both sides of the ball for a change. All that said I think he is doing a very to great job with what he has to work with.

I think McDermott did mix it in.  I think the gameplan we saw was the result.  I don't think he took over the playcalling, but I think he decided on the overall strategy of taking the pressure off Allen and the passing game.  I think he likely put the OL on notice, maybe came to a couple of their meetings, and I think he laid the smackdown on Daboll "run the rock, or else".