For those that say McDermott is a younger jauron

Steptide

I say you couldn't be more wrong. I watched McDermott all game long being animated on the sidelines and up in the refs faces. This is the opposite of jauron. Jauron looked like an aging skeleton on the sidelines and was rarely, if ever animated. 

McDermott says alot of things that make you scratch your head (culture over strategy) but I believe this all PR talk. The bills are horrendous on offense, yet this team has a ton of fight in them. We actually watched the bills drive down field with less than 2 mins left to win the game. This is a RARE thing to witness from the bills, and I give our line and running backs a ton of credit being able to do that with the game on the line 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

This is the opposite of jauron. Jauron looked like an aging skeleton on the sidelines and was rarely, if ever animated. 

The walking dead versus ......

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

McDermott is WAY more aggressive than Jauron was. He isn’t scared to go on 4th and would never punt from the 35. McDermott is a good football coach. His team just isn’t very good.

Great point Kirby 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

McDermott is WAY more aggressive than Jauron was. He isn’t scared to go on 4th and would never punt from the 35. McDermott is a good football coach. His team just isn’t very good.

Now THIS is a legit take.

The whole "McDermott is Jauron" thing comes from the like of BADOLBILZ and Bill in NYC, who are pretty vocal in their lack of belief in McDermott.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...but other than that.....  ?

The D is solid,offense a work in progress, and how is Crossman still here? 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

...but other than that.....  ?

The D is solid,offense a work in progress, and how is Crossman still here? 

The defense is definitely solid. The offense is a nightmare. One of the best things that I can say about McDermott is that he wins when he has a chance. The Bills had one of the worst point differentials in the league last year and went to the playoffs. That’s because of games like today, they end up on the right side of them. They execute and don’t make mistakes. That’s offsets some of their physical limitations.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills do have good defensive talent, the offensive talent just isn't very good. However I do agree that McD is much more aggressive than Jauron both in terms of his play calling/decision making and in terms of his personality. I think people view the vaguely similar Cover 2 defenses and the bend don't break nature of their defenses and they  assume that McD is similar to Jauron. 

It's just lazy thinking by fans. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Now THIS is a legit take.

The whole "McDermott is Jauron" thing comes from the like of BADOLBILZ and Bill in NYC, who are pretty vocal in their lack of belief in McDermott.

I've actually heard the McDermott/jauron thing on the radio a bit too

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The defense is definitely solid. The offense is a nightmare. One of the best things that I can say about McDermott is that he wins when he has a chance. The Bills had one of the worst point differentials in the league last year and went to the playoffs. That’s because game like today they end up on the right side of them. The my execute and don’t make mistakes. That’s offsets some of their physical limitations.

A version of this issue has been hashed and rehashed so I apologize for another rehashing. It was utterly remarkable that last year's stripped down team made the playoffs. It was a testament to the HC and the players buying in to what he was espousing. 

Our defense is playing well. Yet it is far from being a finished product. As you noted our offense is like a castrated cowboy entering a whorehouse. It is not going to be productive no matter how much desire there is to act. 

Next year, with a wise use of the cap availability and with our full complement of picks (regardless of what Gunner says :) I'm  hoping to trade down and get more picks} I'm counting on an infusion of talent to allow this team to move up the ranks. 

This is an obvious rebuild job. As far as I'm concerned we are on schedule. For how McBeane wanted to construct this roster and organization this was never going to be a quick fix job. You don't have to agree with all the moves but at least there is a rationale behind most of decisions. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I totally agree with this, and would be proud to have him as our coach for another 5 years or more.

Enough desperation for instant gratification (that doesn't work anyway), lets let these guys (GM/HC) fully realize their vision. We haven't done that since I was in high school.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Couldn’t agree more...kudos to you....the man gets every bit of will out of his players...

51 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I say you couldn't be more wrong. I watched McDermott all game long being animated on the sidelines and up in the refs faces. This is the opposite of jauron. Jauron looked like an aging skeleton on the sidelines and was rarely, if ever animated. 

McDermott says alot of things that make you scratch your head (culture over strategy) but I believe this all PR talk. The bills are horrendous on offense, yet this team has a ton of fight in them. We actually watched the bills drive down field with less than 2 mins left to win the game. This is a RARE thing to witness from the bills, and I give our line and running backs a ton of credit being able to do that with the game on the line 

McD: “Culture over strategy”. 

The Dicky J transformation is COMPLETE 

21 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

LOL McD has more personality in his pinky nail than that zombie has in his entire body.

Weird because most people think McDermott has no personality. Just clapping, yelling, and having a pulse doesn't equate to personality.

That said, I'm not sure what "having personality" has to do with coaching a team.

On 10/7/2018 at 7:08 PM, joesixpack said:

Typical out-of-context, blisteringly stupid hot take we've ALL come to know and love

Ahhh someone is a blind faith follower. And a little butt hurt. Its ok have a cup of Process. You will feel better.