Please can we get this kid ONE quality receiver

I feel like we should bring in a WR for Josh this year.   Even if it’s a minor move, we need something better than Holmes for Josh. 

KB can still be useful at some point, hopefully..

Zay showed signs of life today.  

We need something better than Holmes though. 

What I really dont understand is we keep Holmes because "muh special teams ace!" When is the last time you saw him make a big stop, or pin a punt by goal line? At least Taiwan Jones has return capability, is an effing warrior, and i've seen be around the ball for pinning punts

Holme has no business trying to catch a pass.

Benjamin should be wearing a clown suit. Catch radius? Are you kidding me. Does he ever dive or extend for a ball? Even balls that he catches he drops. Zay Jones is our best receiver other than Shady. 

Great to see the team keep fighting and pull this one out. One quality receiver sure would help our stud QB out

Edited by bmur66

19 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

In fairness, the ball that ended up being intercepted hit him in a really bad spot.

Yeah right through his hands and ricocheted off the back of the defender and then up in the air. That interception is 100% On Holmes who's a scrub and was cut by Oakland, shouldn't be on this roster.... just shows what a garbage group of wide receivers we have we got a purge this entire wide receiving core year....

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dez is there. K Wright is there. Guys can be had with a trade. Maybe Cooper, Sanu. Just off the top. All these moves have things people can look to and complain about...They are all better then what we want. If we wanted to get better, opportunities exist. Action would be better then excuses IMO.

They have to want to come here for a reasonable price, pretty the team has to be willing to part with a guy for a reasonable trade offer.

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dez is there. K Wright is there. Guys can be had with a trade. Maybe Cooper, Sanu. Just off the top. All these moves have things people can look to and complain about...They are all better then what we want. If we wanted to get better, opportunities exist. Action would be better then excuses IMO.

Hell I would be okay bringing Dez Lewis back!

Holmes should only be a emergency WR  Strictly a special teams guy.  Benjamin is a slow possession receiver with no hands.  Zay Jones I don't even know what to say.  No separation and none of them special once they have the football.  Expect a similar game plan against Houston

52 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I wouldn't even be worried if they benched KB and Holmes.

That's sad.

Zay Jones actually looked competent today.

Give all the younger guys a chance to make plays. They're hungrier, at least.

The hands.

I was just thinking same thing. Bench KB and tell him if your gonna suck do it from the bench goes for Andre featherstone Holmes too. Christ Almighty we could probably put better receivers together from TBD.

51 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I wouldn't even be worried if they benched KB and Holmes.

That's sad.

Zay Jones actually looked competent today.

Give all the younger guys a chance to make plays. They're hungrier, at least.

The hands.

Agree all the way. I was hoping to see more passes to Zay.  He seemed to be the only receiver who was trying. 

KB was hit in the hands at least twice but didn’t want to dive or stretch to make the catch. He should be embarrassed. He’s apparently given up and/or feels this team is beneath him. 

KB is basically a tight end, can we at least move him into the slot and make him move around--when he's on the end, he has one route, 12 yards downfield and turns around. That's pretty easy to cover. And on top of that, he seems to drop as many as he catches.

Time to give one of the rookies a chance at the wide receiver position, at least they have the speed to run NFL routes. Could they really be any worse?