#Receipts on the Chris Ivory signing

YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

So many hated it but he’s a guy we needed 

I don't recall many people hating the pickup. He's certainly not in his prime but he serves a very useful role  of being in a tough inside runner tough situations. He's the type of rugged player you want on your roster because he is a no frills player who understands his role but more importantly fulfills his role. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So many hated it but he’s a guy we needed 

I admit I thought we overpaid on the signing. I actually liked the signing as I thought the team could have either paid less for him or found a big back like that for less. Either way he has proven to be a good complement to Shady. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't recall many people hating the pickup. He's certainly not in his prime but he serves a very useful role  of being in a tough inside runner tough situations. He's the type of rugged player you want on your roster because he is a no frills player who understands his role but more importantly fulfills his role. 

Thank you.  No one hated the pickup.  Some said we overpaid, which is a fair comment.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Never understood why that signing was SO unpopular.  Ivory has a lot of miles on him, but he showed he still has some left today.  His runs were important and his physicality helped equal the tone that the D set.

He was a 30 year old running back coming off of 2 seasons where he looked shot, add in a long injury history and people were confused as to why the Bills paid 3 million for him. Clearly he still has some gas in the tank left. But I was among those that didn't get the price the team paid for him. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Thank you.  No one hated the pickup.  Some said we overpaid, which is a fair comment.

When your passing game is rudimentary at best and your offense centers around the running game this complimentary back is not overpaid. I'm not sure if he got a bonus because if not then it is structured as a one year deal. This was a good pickup from what he adds to our basic offense. And considering that it was also a reasonable value addition.