Hmmm. Shady & KB both cancel appearance at an Expo on 10/27/18

Reed83HOF

51 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Beane could be peddling both for picks.  Beane is SERIOUSLY committed to the draft. He wants HIS guys and he wants them young.  

A third or fourth for Shady and a sixth for Benji.  

He traded for Benjamin. He is his guy. 

I have no idea what will happen, but McCoy went to Pitt and is from Harrisburg. Le'Veon Bell's ship has sailed, it looks like, and there is no way that the Steelers are giving up on the season. Shady is still an elite back (he has NOT lost a step), and he's on a reasonable contract. It makes a lot of sense for both teams given that McCoy is simply not going to produce for Buffalo in the current setup.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Hmmmm 

It's Saturday 10-4 before the NE MNF home game.  Chances are both have cancelled because McDermott wants the players available for meetings and practices on Saturday and told the team "anything you got on your calendar that interferes with team from here on out, clear it"

In fact, the blurb from Benjamin says Benjamin cancelled due to "professional obligations with the Buffalo Bills stemming from the current NFL season" which sounds a lot to me like "extra meetings and walk-thrus added in that Saturday"

If you hear hoofbeats on the street, don't think it's a zebra.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's Saturday 10-4 before the NE home game.  Chances are both have cancelled because McDermott wants the players available for meetings and practices on Saturday and told the team "anything you got on your calendar that interferes with team from here on out, clear it"

In fact, the blurb from Benjamin says Benjamin cancelled due to "professional obligations with the Buffalo Bills stemming from the current NFL season" which sounds a lot to me like "extra meetings and walk-thrus added in"

If you hear hoofbeats on the street, don't think it's a zebra.

I thought I had another post in here, but I might have moved on before submitting, basically saying that this could be something or nothing. Just wanted to get this out there for people to see...

• Like (+1) 1

Shady has done everything the Bills could have hoped for.  There is no way the Bills make the playoffs this year, not after losing Wood and Incognito.  Shady is not a power back who can move the pile -- he needs an O line to give him chances. 

The only problem is, optics. The Bills can't say they're trading Shady to give him a chance to play in the SB with another team, because that acknowledges the obvious, that this year's team sucks.  The process is a good thing but if the whole team sees Beane throwing in the towel, the gung-ho attitude will vanish in a heartbeat.

Also the Bills would get only a low round pick for an aging rent-a-RB.  He might still be good but two years from now, probably not. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Beane could be peddling both for picks.  Beane is SERIOUSLY committed to the draft. He wants HIS guys and he wants them young.  

I think Charles Clay will be gone to!  

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Im involved w this to an extent. Ill ask around and see if there is indeed anything more to it. I doubt it bc no one has said anything (and they would have if there was) but it cant hurt to ask around jic

I can 100% confirm there is nothing more to this than meets the eye. Personal and not related to football or issues and it appears as though it was a package deal. Its fun to speculate, but in this instance - nothing more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

And what do you want in exchange for never calling him “Benji” ever again?

Shady and KB, not the only Bills expected to be there. 

Legends & Stars Show

Autograph Guests Include:
Ken Anderson, Matt Barnaby, Kelvin Benjamin, Dwier Brown, Mark Clayton, Mark Duper, Steve Grogan, Ron Guidry, Pat LaFontaine, LeSean McCoy, Jack McDowell, Andy Van Slyke, John Davis, Marv Levy, Andre Reed, Kurt Schulz, Billy Shaw, Antowain Smith, Bruce Smith, Emmitt Smith, Darryl Talley

3 hours ago, FrankReichComeback#14 said:

This is understandable for Shady.  He’s just been hit with a civil lawsuit, and it’s possible they don’t want him making any unnecessary appearances.  For KB - your guess is as good as mine.

They threw the invite out to KB and he dropped it