WR Rishard Matthews Done in Tennessee - Signed by the Jets

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The conditional pick in 2021?  They could do better. 

I don’t know much about him  so I have no idea what his value is , 

but like some have already said  1) someone who quits on him team/no show for practice 2) asked to be released after negotiating a new contract 

3) what does his ( NEW ) contract looks like $$$ ? 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Used to play for Miami 

Was he drafted by the fish ? And in which round ? Also anyone knows what he’s making a year ? 

Rishard Matthews Requests Release from Titans

Matthews texted NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that the Titanshave told him they're granting his request and that he "would love to still play" somewhere.

The release is not official yet because there are some contractual issues, Pelissero added.

Matthews just signed a one-year extension with the team a few weeks ago.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to WR Rishard Matthews Done in Tennessee - Requests His Release
42 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

His contract is 8 million this year.  If we trade for him I believe the Bills would need to take on his salary.  Plus he just signed an extension.  

So unless he is released I don't think the Bills can get him.

Bummer, I think he would have been a great addition.

His salary for this year is $5M.  But if he's released, a team can negotiate anything they want.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

If you could have a convo with him and he was good with being in Buffalo then you take a late round flyer. My guess is the Pats will come calling. 

Doubt he'll get many targets there with Gronk, Edelman, Gordon, Hogan, and James White.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

26 minutes ago, Putin said:

I don’t know much about him  so I have no idea what his value is , 

but like some have already said  1) someone who quits on him team/no show for practice 2) asked to be released after negotiating a new contract 

3) what does his ( NEW ) contract looks like $$$ ? 

Was he drafted by the fish ? And in which round ? Also anyone knows what he’s making a year ? 

Yes, 7th rd 2012

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Doubt he'll get many targets there wil Gronk, Edelman, Gordon, Hogan, and James White.  

You know the Pats though. They'll try to sell "winning" to him and who knows what you'll really get outside of White, Hogan, and Gronk. It's in their nature to at least test the waters. I hope it's in ours as well.