The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If Josh Allen played like Rosen did tonight half this board would be in a nuclear meltdown wanting everyone fired...Arizona is probably going to do just that tomorrow 

In his best Chandler Bing voice: "Uhhhh, have you been here lately??"

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

BPA would have been Roquan Smith. Who is very good, but basically equivalent to Tremaine Edmunds, who we acquired as well.

We made the right move given the circumstances and options at the time.

I dont mind at all that we drafted Allen.

This was a good year to take a shot at a QB and not have to sell the farm. Imagine if we moved up for Allen and gave up something crazy.

If Allen busts it would not set us that far back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

One of the biggest reasons I didn't want Rosen was his attitude. I didn't think coming from a rich family/southern CA lifestyle would mix well in Buffalo.

His mannerisms last night when things weren't going his way came off kind of like a Jay Cutler, just kind of pissy, and I believe that stems from his upbringing. Allen is much more humble and down to earth, more "Blue collar" so to speak.

That may not mean anything in terms of if he will ever be a good qb, but I am happy with our pick of Allen over Rosen, Allen may take longer to get to a final product of a "franchise qb" but he is a perfect fit for Buffalo and he has all the potential in the world. I just hope he learns quick, because Buffalo fans are VERY IMPATIENT

Rosen had a ton of red flags at UCLA and I'm not going to go into all of them, I think most of the fans know he has some attitude issues and some durability issues. He's a better pure passer and more accurate than Allen but I don't think he'll be in the league nearly as long. Josh Allen just has a lot of stuff to clean up in his game and this may take three years.

Broncos Dominate Against Turnover-Plagued Cardinals

Embattled Cardinals offensive coordinator Mike McCoy can't be pleased with how the game started -- or ended -- with Arizona calling a time out just two plays in. From there, Rosen flung a pass that was tipped by Denver's Derek Wolfe into the waiting arms of linebacker Todd Davis, who rumbled 20 yards for the pick-six just 59 seconds into the affair. McCoy was seeing ghosts after Rosen subsequently whipped a late first-quarter toss into the hands of Chris Harris, Jr., who soared 53 yards for another Denver defensive score. That play saw J.J. Nelson stop on his route, a decision that cost the Cardinals early.

There's nothing wrong with Rosen's arm -- or his potential. His ugly box score (21-of-39 passing for 194 yards with one TD and the three picks) was partly the result of a broken-down scheme and plenty of punishment, with the rookie visiting the medical tent after being slammed helmet-first into the turf on a second-down sack by Shaquil Barrett before the half.

3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I dont mind at all that we drafted Allen.

This was a good year to take a shot at a QB and not have to sell the farm. Imagine if we moved up for Allen and gave up something crazy.

If Allen busts it would not set us that far back.

Something like pick 21, pick 53, pick 158, pick 195, Cordy Glenn, and Sammy Watkins? Granted we also got 1 year of EJ Gaines out of that.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm pretty sure there are certain folks tied to analytics that based on said criteria massively preferred Rosen to Allen. Last night's game is not dispositive, but it surely shows that nearly all rookie qbs struggle, especially when they start under less than optimum conditions. The moral ought to be, have more patience and give a fella time to develop before making definitive pronouncements on how someone will turn out. Let's see if anyone takes that to heart.

i'd go further and say that the moral is: folks tied to analytics usually have no idea how statistics actually works. especially the self-professed experts. and i've got the stats to prove it :P

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Forget placing the blame on the INTS, has anyone seen a QB with such careless ball handling?  All of the fumbles were from light taps 

I. Thou shalt not point out Josh Rosen's glaring deficiencies.

II. Thou shalt only point out Josh Allen's glaring deficiencies.

III. Thou shalt criticize the front office for taking Josh Allen instead of Josh Rosen.

IV. Thou shalt not attempt to reconcile these seemingly disparate commandments, especially when comparing the nearly identical output of the two QBs.

Now, I only need 6 more. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Something like pick 21, pick 53, pick 158, pick 195, Cordy Glenn, and Sammy Watkins? Granted we also got 1 year of EJ Gaines out of that.

If you are going to include Sammy then you have to include that we got a 2nd rounder as well.    

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

If you are going to include Sammy then you have to include that we got a 2nd rounder as well.    

That's literally what I did. The 2nd rounder we used in the trade cost us Sammy. The trade to 7 cost us pick 12 (which cost us pick 21, Pick 158, and Cordy Glenn), pick 53, and pick 56 (which cost us pick 195 and Sammy, but got us 1 year of EJ Gaines).