Browns are going to the playoffs

If only they could play the Jets for all 16 games.

25 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I guess the whole "how could a team trade away a playoff QB" thing is pretty much over, huh?

Nope. You know by next off-season the media will be back to: "Tyrod has never really had a shot. He is a good QB and Cleveland was just itching to get their rookie QB in."

Edited by MJS
  • Haha (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The fans would set his house on fire

They would tar and feather him and run him out of town faster than Rex and Rob.  However Hue is dumb enough to go to the "vet" He is an idiot and Mayfield is the only thing holding his job together. 

17 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

That was probably the best first game performance by a rookie QB I have ever seen.

I'm with you on this. Everyone was saying how bad the CLE Oline looked in the first half. TT made them look bad. Baker made them look good. Allen needs to make our line look good. Get the ball out fast and precise. Make quick pre-snap reads. Baker shows us how it's done. I hope Josh can follow.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just remember

Sam Darnold looked pretty good in his first start as well.....your talking about a team that just won its first game in what....31 tries?

...and against the Jets...

I'm interested to see how Baker does the rest of the season. It will hurt a little if he looks really good and Allen doesn't, since I wish the Bills could've made a play for Baker. He was probably out of reach at the #1 pick, but who knows.

So far, all the rookie QBs look exactly like how their scouting reports sounded.

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just remember

Sam Darnold looked pretty good in his first start as well.....your talking about a team that just won its first game in what....31 tries?

Now if Cleveland would just put Hue Jackson and TT on IR who knows how far they could go 

Edited by Putin

4 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If the Browns don’t make the playoffs I will eat my shoe

You're betting on the Browns and Hue Jackson to make the playoffs.

Think about that for a second....

The Jets did not prepare for Baker. Much different skill set than Tyrod.

Like...he's actually a good passer.

Quite honestly, poor Browns fans have suffered enough.  I hope that they do make the playoffs.  I tend to root for our fellow bottom feeders/underdogs when they aren't playing the Bills

If a team that is inept as Cleveland can eventually become good with a few draft picks, why not the Bills in the next few years?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thomas Lott Omnisport

Updated at 12:27 a.m. ET

Updated at 12:27 a.m. ET

Baker Mayfield led the Browns to a 14-point comeback and their first win in 635 days, but head coach Hue Jackson won't name him the starter yet.

Jackson told reporters after the game he would have to "watch the tape" before naming a starter for Week 4.

Mayfield came into the game in the second quarter against the Jets Thursday with Cleveland trailing 14-0. He led a drive on the two-minute drill that got the Browns three points and eventually led the team to a 21-17 victory