The Draft Network's Jon Ledyard Eviscerates Allen’s Week 2 Performance

Midwest1981

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Jon Ledyard = The Josh Allen Of NFL Analysts

Ledyard wishes.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Darnold’s game looked like a rookie QB

And Mayfield's game looked like Darnold's first game.  We'll see where things shake out.

I have to admit his inaccuracy issues are on another level. A couple of those throws left you with your jaw open wondering how he could miss so badly on what seems like a routine throw. 

I think I have seen some similar throws from Blake Bortles in the past and it looks like has perhaps developed into at least a decent QB so I do have some hope for Allen still. But man Jacksonville has had some serious patience with Bortles. Will we have the same with Allen? Especially if our defense is not on the same level as Jacksonville's?

Seven pages on this.  I looked this guy's name up on Google.  From what I can find, he has some experience as a high school football coach.  Is there anything else in his background I'm missing to suggest his opinion has validity?  Or would it be like me writing a similar column on say Darnold, and expecting Jets fans to take it seriously just because I watch football a lot?

47 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Seven pages on this.  I looked this guy's name up on Google.  From what I can find, he has some experience as a high school football coach.  Is there anything else in his background I'm missing to suggest his opinion has validity?  Or would it be like me writing a similar column on say Darnold, and expecting Jets fans to take it seriously just because I watch football a lot?

It would be like you writing a similar column after you've spent several years presenting yourself as a football expert on various blogs and dredging up controversy to build followers and clicks.

52 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Mel Kiper, one of the biggest Allen fans, never played/ coached/ was in a front office in any level.  

5 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

Because the Jets prepared for Tyrod, and Mayfield was the number 1 pick which we had no chance of getting. He also has better weapons and a more stable offensive line, so what’s your point?

Because Mayfield is a more refined QB at this point of his career and that is what make him the No1 overall and Allen No 7. Ooo  and has better weapons. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Ledyard has been a draft analyst for awhile now and has worked for a lot of reputable publications and now runs his own NFL Draft-focused website. You don't have to have played in the NFL to understand football. If you personally broke the film down and wrote in-depth articles about what players do and don't do correctly for yeras, then yes, it would be like him.

49 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Ledyard has been a draft analyst for awhile now and has worked for a lot of reputable publications and now runs his own NFL Draft-focused website. You don't have to have played in the NFL to understand football. If you personally broke the film down and wrote in-depth articles about what players do and don't do correctly for yeras, then yes, it would be like him.

Ok.  It just seems like there's a huge number of these guys and I'm not sure whether they really understand what they're seeing.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Ok.  It just seems like there's a huge number of these guys and I'm not sure whether they really understand what they're seeing.

I think some of them understand what they are seeing better than egotistical coaches who work in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The guy clearly puts in time breaking down the film and gives his reasoning behind his opinion. You don’t have to be a coach or player to have a valid opinion. I know, he doesn’t like the guy we hope is our next franchise QB so we immediately have to discredit him. Unless of course he says something bad about a team/player we don’t like. Then his opinion is valid. ?

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The guy clearly puts in time breaking down the film and gives his reasoning behind his opinion. You don’t have to be a coach or player to have a valid opinion. I know, he doesn’t like the guy we hope is our next franchise QB so we immediately have to discredit him. Unless of course he says something bad about a team/player we don’t like. Then his opinion is valid. ?

I asked the question so I could determine how much weight to give his opinion

Just now, Bangarang said:

Thats my point, it’s irrelevant. If he makes valid arguments and shows his reasoning then should it matter whether he’s played or coached? 

I think you should have a foundation of knowledge to make the kinds of interpretations he and others make.  I wouldn't go to say a dentist if I had a heart condition, I want someone that's been there and done that

I know Mel Kiper starter an empire  doing this stuff.  It still puzzles me as to how and why.

23 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think you should have a foundation of knowledge to make the kinds of interpretations he and others make.  I wouldn't go to say a dentist if I had a heart condition, I want someone that's been there and done that

I know Mel Kiper starter an empire  doing this stuff.  It still puzzles me as to how and why.

It doesn’t take a former player or coach to study football concepts and use that knowledge to break down All-22. Would people be this quick to discredit him if he praised Allen’s performance? Why are people so quick to attack the person rather than his opinion and logic? Are his opinions reasonable? Does he back them up logically?