Tyrod Taylor finally unleashed in a "competent offense with weapons."

BringBackOrton

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Well they said it was a concussion and I believe he's on the protocol.

There are CT scans, neurological tests, proprioception tests, all sorts of things to verify a concussion and plan the recovery time, and a very specific protocol to be passed before return.

If he wants to continue an NFL career though, faking a concussion to leave a game when you have a #1 pick nipping at your heels is not the smartest move.

Nothing has been mentioned about his concussion as of yet.  Hell, Hue is still saying TT may start next week.  Also, I do understand how the NFL deals with concussions and the tests involved.  My hang up is that nothing was mentioned about TT's results of the evaluation taken during halftime in the second half of the game.  Again, I agreed with you in regards to your last sentence. 

6 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Nothing has been mentioned about his concussion as of yet.  Hell, Hue is still saying TT may start next week.  Also, I do understand how the NFL deals with concussions and the tests involved.  My hang up is that nothing was mentioned about TT's results of the evaluation taken during halftime in the second half of the game.  Again, I agreed with you in regards to your last sentence. 

Usually it's not a fast testing procedure (I deal with concussions a lot at work, I'm actually certified for concussion and vestibular testing in regards to athlete's return to sport)

Anyway

Let's see what happens

If you're right and he faked it I'll give you props 

Hoping he didn't, that's pretty low

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Usually it's not a fast testing procedure (I deal with concussions a lot at work, I'm actually certified for concussion and vestibular testing in regards to athlete's return to sport)

Anyway

Let's see what happens

If you're right and he faked it I'll give you props 

Hoping he didn't, that's pretty low

again, we agree, but they usually say something in regards to the injury.  Unless they were so taken back by what Baker was doing on the field that they forgot to report it.

And I'm not looking to be right or get props, Im just calling it as I see it, nothing else.

Edited by CircleTheWagons99

6 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

again, we agree, but they usually say something in regards to the injury.  Unless they were so taken back by what Baker was doing on the field that they forgot to report it.

And I'm not looking to be right or get props, Im just calling it as I see it, nothing else.

I would just pretend Tyrod isn't on the roster anymore if I were them

Which means hue will start him

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

and again, I agree with what you are saying.  But man, if Hue makes that mistake I dont think he lasts the year in Cleveland.  

1-31 and he kept his Job. The Haslams LOVE Hue and was a condition to Dorsey that he keep Hue. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yes, don't crown the #1 overall pick who embarrassed a talented defense coming in as relief with zero reps.

That had a TT game plan

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Right.  The TT gameplan and rookie mobile QB gameplan are so dissimilar.  

Is when Baker ACTUALLY CAN throw to the middle of the field and use WRs. 

Notice How Haleys playcalls changed (i doubt it so nevermind)

3 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

and again, I agree with what you are saying.  But man, if Hue makes that mistake I dont think he lasts the year in Cleveland.  

It's kinda like the Peterman disaster against the Ravens, there's just no way you could go back to Taylor after Mayfield did what he did. I would like to see what happens once Mayfield plays a team that has prepped for him.

Also, very surprised there wasn't a riot in Cleveland last night lol 

16 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Tyrod Taylor joined a 9-7 team and took them to 8-8, 7-9, 9-7.  He joined a winless team and remain winless as a starter.

He is 22-22-1 as a starter.  Tonight, he drops below .500 as a starter and the CoT will have to sacrifice a baby calf at midnight to bring back their hero.

Has anyone been more wrong in the history of wrong?

image.thumb.png.b1da0b502a5a3544bfddd1c3ff85d29b.png

I should have never doubted ".500 as a starter" man.  Tyrod always finds a way to get the W when you least expect it.  I am a believer.  @transplantbillsfan, commence the ritual shaving.  I repent.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Thanks for the 3rd rd pick you knuckle head Dorsey. Honestly still a great BU and mentor for Mayfield which the Bills lack for Allen.

1) yup, it was amazing we got a 3rd for Tyrod.

2). He is the perfect backup/ mentor for Baker

3). I think the Browns handle the whole situation perfectly.  I wish the Bills had a better plan for a much rawer prospect.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Is when Baker ACTUALLY CAN throw to the middle of the field and use WRs. 

Notice How Haleys playcalls changed (i doubt it so nevermind)

Right, because teams NEVER make rookie mobile QB's stay in the pocket and make them win with their arm.  Never ever make them make read coverages and make throws over the middle to beat them.  Never.  Teams gameplan for mobile rookie QB's like they do for Tom Brady.  Especially when they have never seen them play before.

2 minutes ago, tbarg12 said:

It's kinda like the Peterman disaster against the Ravens, there's just no way you could go back to Taylor after Mayfield did what he did. I would like to see what happens once Mayfield plays a team that has prepped for him.

Also, very surprised there wasn't a riot in Cleveland last night lol 

As bad as Tyrod was, he wasn’t close to the tire fire Peterman has been. As bad as Tyrod can be, he’s actually had positive moments in the nfl.  NP hasn’t made it out of a half in 3 starts!

• Like (+1) 3

Right, because teams NEVER make rookie mobile QB's stay in the pocket and make them win with their arm.  Never ever make them make read coverages and make throws over the middle to beat them.  Never.  Teams gameplan for mobile rookie QB's like they do for Tom Brady.  Especially when they have never seen them play before.

Notice you didnt address the different Offensive plays. But again to each his own. 

I like Mayfield. I think he is the best in this class. Just want to see him play a defense that has gameplanned to defends the entire field. Not just outside the numbers. 

Notice you didnt address the different Offensive plays. But again to each his own. 

I like Mayfield. I think he is the best in this class. Just want to see him play a defense that has gameplanned to defends the entire field. Not just outside the numbers. 

They did report last night during the game that the Jets did actually prepare for Tyrod and Baker. What that entails, IDK but it sounds like they did have a feeling they might see Mayfield at some point during the game.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This is why freaking out either way for these QBs is stupid.  The true test is after 8 games or a season when they have tape on their weaknesses.  It’s how Vick would look great for 8 games and defenses would adjust.

Yes, they called some different plays.  They also had called some plays for Tyrod to hit guys in the deep middle who were wide open and he just couldn't do it, but the plays were still called.

I guess my point is that we wouldn't have seen that different of a gameplan.  A little more focused on Baker's tendencies in college, sure.  And he will face a harder test each week there is more and more tape on him.  But that was an impressive feat, to take a team down 14-0 and win 21-17 coming in as relief in his first game.

Just now, pop gun said:

They did report last night during the game that the Jets did actually prepare for Tyrod and Baker. What that entails, IDK but it sounds like they did have a feeling they might see Mayfield at some point during the game.

And their defense didnt change. They tried to stop the run. Keep Mayfield in pocket. That is similar. 

You look at their coverages they also never changed and the middle of the field was begging to be taken advantage of and mayfield did. Tyrod well as we all know doesnt 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And their defense didnt change. They tried to stop the run. Keep Mayfield in pocket. That is similar. 

You look at their coverages they also never changed and the middle of the field was begging to be taken advantage of and mayfield did. Tyrod well as we all know doesnt 

Yea, but were they protecting the deep middle third?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Do you think the Jets would have sold out to protect the middle of the field if they knew Baker was starting ahead of time?

I bet they woukd have gameplanned to cover the entire field. 

But hey its good Peterman never looked competitive against a TT game planned defense. So must just be all in my head lol

Edited by MAJBobby

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) yup, it was amazing we got a 3rd for Tyrod.

2). He is the perfect backup/ mentor for Baker

3). I think the Browns handle the whole situation perfectly.  I wish the Bills had a better plan for a much rawer prospect.

IDK - The perfect "backup and mentor" would be someone who accepts that they are not Franchise material and grateful they have something of value to help the team.

Taylor may end up with a big bug up his ass and ask to be traded to a team that would appreciate him as a STARTING QB.  

Just maybe...

Peterman looked good down a billion. He never came back and won.

He also never got in 14 down either. 

But again you have your thinking that it doesnt matter. Thats fine. What I do know is Peterman looked serviceable against TT gameplanned defenses. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He also never got in 14 down either. 

But again you have your thinking that it doesnt matter. Thats fine. What I do know is Peterman looked serviceable against TT gameplanned defenses. 

Do defenses play differently with an 11 point lead versus a 50 point lead?

Edited by BringBackOrton

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea, but were they protecting the deep middle third?

to get the definative answer to your question, transplant will most likely have to answer. i don't know that anyone else is qualified enough to really say.

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As bad as Tyrod was, he wasn’t close to the tire fire Peterman has been. As bad as Tyrod can be, he’s actually had positive moments in the nfl.  NP hasn’t made it out of a half in 3 starts!

Someone please explain to me why Peterman is still on this roster. You're telling me we can't get Matt Moore off the couch and have them start learning our Playbook? Or Paxton Lynch or Bernie Kosar I don't care.....

10 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

It's the Browns.

Jackson is still coach.

Baker could go 5-0 and Jackson would still bench him because "I said Tyrod is my guy, so that's what's he is." 

If anyone knows how to spoil a victory party, it's Browns coach Hue Jackson.  

Hue Jackson won't commit to Baker Mayfield as starting QB despite Browns' wild win

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hue-jackson-wont-commit-to-baker-mayfield-as-starting-qb-despite-browns-wild-win/

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes they had safety. 

But easy to play defense when you do not have to defend 10-20 between the numbers. 

Whoooosh.  Sorry MAJ my post was a joke reference to the endless transplant v Thurman debates from last season on whether Tyrod uses the "deep middle third" of the field and whether it, in fact, matters. 

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Someone please explain to me why Peterman is still on this roster. You're telling me we can't get Matt Moore off the couch and have them start learning our Playbook? Or Paxton Lynch or Bernie Kosar I don't care.....

Or a stick of rotten rhubarb.