Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

Just now, joesixpack said:

Why?

We're in desperate need of a hail mary at WR and I don't just mean this year.  We have a ton of cap space coming the next two years but you almost always over pay for less than great WR's.  The really good ones never become available.  I find drafting WR's nearly as hard as identifying QB's.  We need 2-3 WR's and a ton of other needs we need draft picks for.  I've said it multiple times I think it's going to be by far the hardest position for us to fix.  

I'll take the risk because he's so talented he could change the offense in a more significant way than any draft pick or free agency dollar can.  

Just now, White Linen said:

I'll take the risk because he's so talented he could change the offense in a more significant way than any draft pick or free agency dollar can.  

You're basing this assessment on the 5 games he played what, three years ago?

Hail Mary indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

Hail Mary indeed.

He did catch a game tying TD pass last week late in the fourth quarter after not playing at all in training camp or preseason, from a guy you think cannot throw a pass, so there is that.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hail Mary indeed.

The catch he made last week in the endzone is all I needed to see to know he still has it.  There's good receivers then there's gifted ones.  He's gifted.  

Edited by White Linen

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

The catch he made last week in the endzone is all I needed to see to know he still has it.  There's good receivers then there's gifted ones.  He's gifted.  

And also a completely unreliable addict.

But hey. Whatever.