Top 5 qbs all-time

CDogg20

5 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Elway should be on more peoples lists. I forgot about him.  I dreaded facing him far more than facing Marino. 

He’s way ahead of Rapelesberger ....

Also lost is Dan Fouts who was exceptional in an era before the pass was a point of emphasis in the NFL....

6 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

Who are your top 5 interested to hear. 

Mine would have to be...

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Montana

4. Marino 

5. Rogers

Favre 

Kelly 

Sammy Baugh 

Young

Brees

Just miss the list off the top of my head 

Kelly just misses your list?  we all love him around here and he's by far the best QB this organization has ever seen, but he is nowhere close to being a top 5 all-time QB.

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Montana are solid choices, so is Marino actually.

Marino did some things much better than anyone else.

His release was so fast it was scary.

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s interesting to see that a few on here don’t realize that in Tom Brady they’re getting to watch the best player, not just best quarterback, (arguably in any sport) right now, and don’t recognize it? I realize Bills fans hate the Patriots but come on here people!!

Rules have literally been put in place because of Tom Brady . To keep him safe lol 

he is a known cheater and a whiner on the field who cries to officials for flags

He wouldn’t have survived 5 seasons playing in Kelly’s Era.

he will never be the greatest QB of all time to me. Johnny U, Montana ,  not Brady

• Thank you (+1) 1

It would also be interesting to talk about the top five QBs ever based on performance over a season or two, as opposed to an entire career. By that measure, I’m not sure anyone could top Kurt Warner’s first few years in the league.

Edited by mannc

6 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

Jim Kelly

Jack Kemp

Joe Ferguson

Josh Allen

Doug Flutie

I LOVE IT!!!!

But you have to find a way to squeeze Daryle Lamonica in there.- maybe put an asterisk next to Josh Allen, since he has no body of work on which to evaluate him.

But I have no doubt that Young Josh will lead us back to the glory days.

7 hours ago, BigPappy said:

Anyone that has Brady on their list is mental. The guy is a cheating POS scumbag who plays for a cheating POS scumbag. He doesn't  deserve to be a member of the NFL let alone in the discussion for Top 5 QB's.

At least you're BigPappy and not Big Papi, because it is widely assumed that Big Papi David Ortiz had chemical assistance in reaching his (likely) HOF heights. By the way, you sound like the type of person who would not only deny Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens a spot in the HOF, but who would also argue that they weren't that good anyway ...

This is more where I believe I think they will end up in my opinion.  However, I do think by the time it is said and done, Rodgers could be higher on that list.  Honestly, Brees and Brady could be swapped as well.   

1. Montana

2. Manning

3. Rodgers

4. Brady*

5. Brees

Edited by sven233

22 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Young in front of Manning?...........absurd.

Of all the QBs that played in the 80s and 90s when the stats were not nearly as good as they are now because of the rule changes, Young is the highest rated passer of all of them, plus the best scrambler and runner. And even better than Manning who played in the recent era. Plus he won Super Bowls. There is a good argument for Young being the best ever because he could do everything very, very well. Could pass as well as the best passers, and he could run better than them.

43 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Young in front of Manning?...........absurd.

They are both great regular season QBs who underachieved in the playoffs (with the exception of Young's 1 great SB-winning season). Neither are in the conversation for GOAT, not at all.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Of all the QBs that played in the 80s and 90s when the stats were not nearly as good as they are now because of the rule changes, Young is the highest rated passer of all of them, plus the best scrambler and runner. And even better than Manning who played in the recent era. Plus he won Super Bowls. There is a good argument for Young being the best ever because he could do everything very, very well. Could pass as well as the best passers, and he could run better than them.

Absolutely agree, however, Young should never be listed within the top 5.......in the top 10 for sure, but within the top 5 is a stretch.