Why is DiMarco on the team?

Dadonkadonk

He was rarely used yesterday.  He is not very good.  One would think with this O-line a double TE, two back set with a FB would be a good idea. Instead they ran out of the shotgun three WR most of the time.  I just see no need for a FB in the modern NFL. Lee, Croom, or Murphy can do everything DiMarco can.  Waste of a roster spot that could be better used for a third QB, a 6th WR, or another defender.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Mickey D does tend to lean on him as a locker room guy and vet leader. Why, who knows? Same reason I can't figure out how Ducasse is starting, or Peterman is still even being considered to start against SD. The team has left some tough questions opened. 

I also haven’t gotten used to the Chargers being in LA now

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Mickey D does tend to lean on him as a locker room guy and vet leader. Why, who knows? Same reason I can't figure out how Ducasse is starting, or Peterman is still even being considered to start against SD. The team has left some tough questions opened. 

We knew our OL was going to take a beating after the departure of Incognito, Wood and Glenn.  The problem was that we did not address it in FA (with all that dead cap money) and went with our last years backups as the starters.  The Pre-season showed that those guys (Ducasse, Miller, Groy) are not ready to become starters.  This team cannot fix everything in one season.  They chose to fix the defense this year by drafting Edmunds, Phillip and signing Lotulelei.   Hopefully they will address the OL next year.   The problem is one never gets a good starting OL in FA.  They are simply a rare breed.