Who Starts At QB For Week 2? (Poll)

Paulus

Who starts?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who should and who will start week 2?

• Nate should start and will.
    • Nate should start but won't.
    • Josh should start and will.
    • Josh should start but wont.

Under the guise of pre-season nate was the best and most consistent QB. 

I don't blame McDermott for wanting to protect Josh and hope Peterman could move forward in the reqular season to cover for Allen getting caught up. 

The problem lies when teams bring heavy pressure against Peterman.  He doesn't have the arm or athletic ability to counter that.   Add rain and wind on top of that and you can see why Peterman was effectively a disaster Sunday.   

If the line can hold a bit and team's play soft coverage Peterman would accel but game tape is going to have DC's bringing pressure as much as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

The decision to trade McCarron is looking pretty iffy.

Teams are to worried about these useless late round picks that never amount to anything. The day we trade McCoy for some trash mid round pick will be the end of beane with me. These picks never matter, keep players that can help you

50 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Mcdermott is not a good coach.  I feel bad for the pegs they just can't get the right guy.  Marrone split, Rex was not into the daily grind and Mcdermott is limited.  His entire  philosophy on team building is lazy.  He only wants one type of player.  Part of being a leader is taking many personality types and  molding them into a team.  Getting people to do what they don;t want to do .  There are a lot of talented players that are quirky or even ass holes but they can help your team win games.   This good guy try hard act is going to go down in flames 

I don't think McD is looking for choir boys.  From what he's said, he's looking for guys who practice hard, play hard, and put team first both on and off the field.  There are many different personality types that'll fit in that mold.  

Last year he took a below average roster and achieved an above average win total and ended the drought.  

This year, he's seriously handicapped with an even crappier roster.   Thanks to dead cap and unspent cap money, we're spending less on the team we're fielding than any other team in the NFL.  What chance does any coach have when the team is spending $60 million less on current player salaries than the league allows?

I fought in the first Iraq war.  We had M-1 tanks; they had T-72s.  We had air support.  They didn't.   Of course we won.  McD is going into this season vastly under-armed.  

I'm not ready to say he's not a good coach after one bad game - even as bad as that game was.

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't think McD is looking for choir boys.  From what he's said, he's looking for guys who practice hard, play hard, and put team first both on and off the field.  There are many different personality types that'll fit in that mold.  

Last year he took a below average roster and achieved an above average win total and ended the drought.  

This year, he's seriously handicapped with an even crappier roster.   Thanks to dead cap and unspent cap money, we're spending less on the team we're fielding than any other team in the NFL.  What chance does any coach have when the team is spending $60 million less on current player salaries than the league allows?

I fought in the first Iraq war.  We had M-1 tanks; they had T-72s.  We had air support.  They didn't.   Of course we won.  McD is going into this season vastly under-armed.  

I'm not ready to say he's not a good coach after one bad game - even as bad as that game was.

An adult entered the room!

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Really?

He was sold here, by himself and others, as an offensive guru.  Bortles, Manuel et al notwithstanding, his offense is a hot mess almost every week he doesn't play Pittsburgh.  The D in Jax speaks for itself and was trending before he arrived.  He wisely hired Schwartz here and let him be.  That was a good move.

Your rebuttal of my point would be relevant if I had said anything relating to offense. However I didn't.

McDermott has not won me over by any means. Beane same thing. I've been here since the team's inception and I'll hold any positivity and side with a degree of negativity until this organization gives me concrete evidence to convert me to being positive. After all these decades I can't blame anyone for being negative.  

I'm hoping that the coaches remember what Allen looked like in that Cincy preseason game in which he had no time to throw. 

Allen went 6 of 12 for 34 yards in the first half and was sacked 5 times and almost needed to go into concussion protocol.  While not looking as bad as Peterman did against the Ravens. I don't want to see this bright young QB ruined. Whereas Nate Pickerman is expendable.  :P

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

The above is a great post but McDermott didn't have to keep Peterman, let alone start him, but he did. Again, even after last season.

In numerous posts since the game (not yours!) I read over and over how us fans don't know much about football and the 32 coaches and 32 GMs are the experts. It SHOULD be that way!!! These guys are getting paid millions and worked their way up, however; I think that most high school age fans would have known NOT to start Peterman. I just don't know how to explain this move.

Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Your rebuttal of my point would be relevant if I had said anything relating to offense. However I didn't.

I'm glad he is gone.  I'd prefer Rex.  They both suck but Rex isn't a douche.

Ok, Ok, he's a douche.  But in a fun way, not a jerky way.

Wow.  It is amazing how quickly faith has been lost.  Yes the game was embarassing on all levels. Last year after our great start, the team collapsed in the middle of the season only to come back and make the playoffs for the first time in 18 years.  Yesterday’s game was not entirely Peterman’s fault.  This was a confluence of events.  Pretty much everyone is to blame.  KB dropped at least 2 and failed to run his route on Peterman’s first Int. (The 2nd one he airmailed and he has no one to blame but himself).  The reason that McDermott is not sure, is that as bad as Peterman played, he still may be the right person at this time. Allen looked better against the Ravens 2nd/3rd team in mop up time and even then he only hit 40% of his passes.  I am not saying Peterman should start, but I understand why if McDermott makes that decision. I still trust the process.  

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mantis said:

If we trot out Allen and he goes 4-11 over the next 15 games (which is highly likely given this O-line), this same fan base that is clamoring for Allen, will be calling him a bust and clamoring for us to draft a QB with out first round pick next year.  I, for one, am willing to be patient while Allen takes his lumps.  But the truth is that most of this fan base will give Allen no more than four to six games of looking "like crap" (or even being sub par) before calling him a bust.  I honestly wonder if McDermott isn't protecting Allen from us.   

Its likely you are correct but that doesn't really matter.  Look at Goff his first year.  He flat out stunk.  

2 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Wow.  It is amazing how quickly faith has been lost.  Yes the game was embarassing on all levels. Last year after our great start, the team collapsed in the middle of the season only to come back and make the playoffs for the first time in 18 years.  Yesterday’s game was not entirely Peterman’s fault.  This was a confluence of events.  Pretty much everyone is to blame.  KB dropped at least 2 and failed to run his route on Peterman’s first Int. (The 2nd one he airmailed and he has no one to blame but himself).  The reason that McDermott is not sure, is that as bad as Peterman played, he still may be the right person at this time. Allen looked better against the Ravens 2nd/3rd team in mop up time and even then he only hit 40% of his passes.  I am not saying Peterman should start, but I understand why if McDermott makes that decision. I still trust the process.  

He also looked better than Nate agsint the 1st string players, evenm getting a 1st down and keeping this team out of the history books for the worst performance ever. You failed to inclued that. You're a loon if you think Peterman gives the Bills the best chance to win. Only reason not to start Allen, is because of how horrid the OL is, and the whole health of our 1st round pick thing. And, yes. The OL is really that bad. In fact I think they may be the worst OL fielded in the history of the NFL.

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I’m watching ESPN now, and McD is saying, “It’s not just as simple as some might think.”

Ues, Sean, it is.  Peterman sucks.  He is not our best chance to win. Start Allen.

Maybe, it is not as complex as McBeane thinks. 

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

So, what you're saying is that McBeane should never have made enemies out of Iran?