Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

Just now, vincec said:

The've changed every single WR. None of their new players at this position are playing well. I think it's reasonable to question how the process is going at that position. Especially when you consider that some of the guys that left are doing very well on their new teams.

Reasonable. After such a short period of time. You and I have different standards for what’s reasonable, I think.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Reasonable. After such a short period of time. You and I have different standards for what’s reasonable, I think.

If a 0% hit rate over two drafts and free agency periods doesn't create any questions for you then you an I do indeed have different expectations.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Right now, the chances of the Bills re-signing Benjamin are hovering around .3%, in my mind.  While that doesn't kill the process I think that it does call into question how highly they rate the position.  They came out of 2017 woefully weak at the position and they entered 2018 woefully weak at the position.  Did they try to retain Bob Woods? Publicly they certainly did not. They passed on players in both drafts (Cupp comes to mind).  Now, they have boat loads of money so let's see how the process works.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Right now, the chances of the Bills re-signing Benjamin are hovering around .3%, in my mind.  While that doesn't kill the process I think that it does call into question how highly they rate the position.  They came out of 2017 woefully weak at the position and they entered 2018 woefully weak at the position.  Did they try to retain Bob Woods? Publicly they certainly did not. They passed on players in both drafts (Cupp comes to mind).  Now, they have boat loads of money so let's see how the process works.

pardon the earlier post. coffee not yet kicked in. i think what has people all worked up here is the fact that they're not building the team in a manner that some posters like. there is a process, there is an order, and I think that will bear out this coming off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

pardon the earlier post. coffee not yet kicked in. i think what has people all worked up here is the fact that they're not building the team in a manner that some posters like. there is a process, there is an order, and I think that will bear out this coming off-season.

Hope so.  The Process was derailed a bit by last season's moderate success (it created expectations). Money is tight. Money has been dumped. We should see a deeper roster in 2019 & if they use that money wisely The Process will play out successfully.  

I wonder what Allen would look like with the offensive weapons Tyrod was given his first year in Buffalo.

reminder, Percy Harvin, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and 7/11, with Clay and Shady...oh and the Oline was considered much better.  It makes me sad to think we had all that talent and got nothing out of it, except disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2018 at 5:28 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

This guy looks slow, does not make plays for his QB, has compete, and focus issues.

No way I sign him to a big deal. 

He wasn't considered a number #1 receiver when he was traded for. At best, the hope was that he could be a good #2 receiver for a team with a dearth of talent within that unit. If he re-signs with the Bills (and I doubt he will) it will be for an average cost of a second receiver. 

Maybe it is his knees but he seems very sluggish. And as you noted he just doesn't seem very into the games. Without question his value as a player is very diminished. I don't see where he fits with this team.