Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

9 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Keep digging in on your mistaken, horrible takes.

And I'm wrong because....Robert Foster? 

Zay Jones? 

Show one example of their ability to assess WR talent? Look all over the league. It's amazing how teams kind play makers all over. Look no further than the Lions last night (Tate, Jones, Galloday). Free agent acquisitions and young draft picks that pan out. Meanwhile we have the receiving corps built with special teams and unproven potential. 

Now I can't stop: 

Sammy Watkins is doing alright 

Bob Woods is still !@#$ing crazy 

Even glass Goodwin is getting in on the action. 

Deonte Thompson is catching passes in Dallas. 

Jordan Matthews, another trade, is doing as much as I am from my couch. 

Show me a positive acquisition/decision they've made in that position. How do you not question their ability to obtain receiving talent? 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/kelvin-benjamin-14437/market-value/

Given that he will be seeking a new contract for 2019 forward, how much effort ($) should the Bills put into resigning him? IMO they let him walk after the season is over.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

Which FA WR's should the Bills target for 2019?

I would assume the Bills draft a WR with 1 of their top 2 picks in the draft....

Benjamin is not putting the work in during the week or on Sundays.  He was repeatedly lining up wrong against Minnesota and, coupled with the drops, it reflects a guy who just doesn’t have his heart in the game.  And don’t forget this is the same clown who needlessly called out Cam Newton a few weeks ago for not being a good enough QB and making Benjamin look bad - meanwhile Benjamin’s own lazy tape is what makes him look bad.

He will get a few more chances because of his pedigree but I see him being out of the league in another year or two.  Just doesn’t want it.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Benjamin is not putting the work in during the week or on Sundays.  He was repeatedly lining up wrong against Minnesota and, coupled with the drops, it reflects a guy who just doesn’t have his heart in the game.  And don’t forget this is the same clown who needlessly called out Cam Newton a few weeks ago for not being a good enough QB and making Benjamin look bad - meanwhile Benjamin’s own lazy tape is what makes him look bad.

He will get a few more chances because of his pedigree but I see him being out of the league in another year or two.  Just doesn’t want it.

He’s going to be Jordan Matthews 2.0.  Suck in a few games and then get broken and miss the season.  Then sign with the pats for 1mill because you think Brady will make you a star again.....then get cut.

11 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Show me a positive acquisition/decision they've made in that position. How do you not question their ability to obtain receiving talent? 

Oh, I don't know. Because McDermott's had all of one and a half offseasons and beane one?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, vincec said:

They've turned over virtually the entire roster so it's not like they haven't made any moves.

So you, and the other purported geniuses here think they should have been able to fill all holes in 1 and 1.5 offseasons respectively?

Come on man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So you, and the other purported geniuses here think they should have been able to fill all holes in 1 and 1.5 offseasons respectively?

Come on man.

You are moving the goalposts. They've made a lot of roster moves at WR and haven't found any good ones yet. Do you dispute this or not?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, vincec said:

You are moving the goalposts. They've made a lot of roster moves at WR and haven't found any good ones yet. Do you dispute this or not?

How is that moving the goalposts?

It's a statement of fact. They've made a ton of moves, most of which have been focused on the defense. It's NOT irrational to say give them the time to find WR. Saying they CAN'T do it is not only premature, it's not provable.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

How is that moving the goalposts?

It's a statement of fact. They've made a ton of moves, most of which have been focused on the defense. It's NOT irrational to say give them the time to find WR. Saying they CAN'T do it is not only premature, it's not provable.

The've changed every single WR. None of their new players at this position are playing well. I think it's reasonable to question how the process is going at that position. Especially when you consider that some of the guys that left are doing very well on their new teams.