Did Peterman get pulled too early

prissythecat

22 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Peterman tore it up in the preseason . And I saw in another thread that the sorry offensive performance was 0% his fault . Did he get pulled to early ?

You must be joking. Look at his regular season performances. My god, the man has no arm. What does this staff see in him?

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

I think the decision to pull him was warranted. He had happy feet back there and was starting to force things like he did against Chargers. Plus, because we were down by so much it was a nice, pressure free environment to get Allen some NFL reps. 

I'd give Peterman one more chance to prove he's an NFL QB. If he flames out again next week against the team that humiliated him last year, then I think you consider trading for a vet QB and cutting him. It's harsh, but he doesn't seem able to rebound when things don't go his way early. 

He had a rating of 0.0 today.  that's down from 38 last season.  

What other proof that he is not an NFL quality QB are you looking for?  

Just curious.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Peterman tore it up in the preseason . And I saw in another thread that the sorry offensive performance was 0% his fault . Did he get pulled to early ?

No he sucked, the line sucked and the receivers sucked.

Basically only Allen and McCoy are good with Dawkins ok.

The offense needs a whole rebuild.

Also not impressed with Star's ability either, but was getting turned sideways all day.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He had a rating of 0.0 today.  that's down from 38 last season.  

What other proof that he is not an NFL quality QB are you looking for?  

Just curious.

Yeah I agree it's a long shot at best he's even an NFL back up at this point but throwing Allen to the wolves when he clearly isn't ready either is a terrible plan. Bills have just invested too much in this kid to needlessly ruin him like that. McBeane have really F'd this up IMO. 

I'd start Peterman vs. Chargers as the lesser of two evils. When he inevitably fails, you bring Allen in again to play second half. Depending how that goes maybe you consider starting him week 3. Personally, I'd be looking for a QB in a trade who can finish out the year. I don't think Allen will be the guy either - trying to teach a kid how to play the position when he's never proven capable at any of the lower levels rarely works - but if he's going to become a capable player it'll be because they brought him along at the right pace, and didn't destroy his confidence early. That kid needs patience as much as anything. 

Edited by VW82

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You must be joking. Look at his regular season performances. My god, the man has no arm. What does this staff see in him?

13 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Dude.....ARE U SERIOUS?????

Yes . I am .  Just look at our huge thread comparing Peterman to Brees and the epic Ravens game starter thread .  Peterman is a futur HOFer .  Let him take his licks 

Edited by prissythecat
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

What the...

31 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Peterman tore it up in the preseason . And I saw in another thread that the sorry offensive performance was 0% his fault . Did he get pulled too early ?

Well... maybe... nope, didn’t make any more sense than the first time you posted it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Yeah I agree it's a long shot at best he's even an NFL back up at this point but throwing Allen to the wolves when he clearly isn't ready either is a terrible plan. Bills have just invested too much in this kid to needlessly ruin him like that. McBeane have really F'd this up IMO. 

I'd start Peterman vs. Chargers. When he inevitably fails, you bring Allen in again to play second half. Depending how that goes maybe you consider starting him week 3. Personally, I'd be looking for a QB in a trade who can finish out the year. I don't think Allen will be the guy either - trying to teach a kid how to play the position when he's never proven capable at any of the lower levels rarely works - but if he's going to become a capable player it'll be because they brought him along at the right pace, and didn't destroy his confidence early. That kid needs patience as much as anything. 

No he doesn't.

Put him in next week.  It's what he was drafted for.  This team won't play for NP.

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I'd start Peterman vs. Chargers. When he inevitably fails, you bring Allen in again to play second half. Depending how that goes maybe you consider starting him week 3. Personally, I'd be looking for a QB in a trade who can finish out the year. I don't think Allen will be the guy either - trying to teach a kid how to play the position when he's never proven capable at any of the lower levels rarely works - but if he's going to become a capable player it'll be because they brought him along at the right pace, and didn't destroy his confidence early. That kid needs patience as much as anything. 

How do you get a QB now? We had Mccarron, seemed pretty crazy to count on Peterman and trade him.