Does rain make this a winnable game?

Hebert19

I think it was without rain as I think ravens are waaaaay overrated but that's just me. 

I think our run game is our strength and I believe we can grind it out in the rain and get a W better than most.  Shady isnt afraid of the snow or rain as we know. 

Thoughts?  Weather even the playing field?  

Its the first week of the season. There are no unwinnable games. Always surprises that would never happen later in the year.  Your entire premise is wrong. 

Firstly the Ravens arent some powerhouse team. They are probably a little better than we are but if we are a 5 they might be a 6 or 7. Surely not some major upset if we win.

Secondly, as I mentioned above. First week of the year there are always some crazy results because nobody has anything real on film yet. Its hard to know exactly what a team will do.  I believe a few years ago the 49ers crushed the Rams on opening day then didn't win another game until they played them again in week 11 or 12 I think...they finished the year 2-14. Opening week doesn't mean much in terms of a teams win-loss record for the year.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

QB arm strength is at a premium in the elements. I know Peterman has improved in this metric this offseason, but still to a level of just barely passable by NFL standards. However, on a slick ball, accuracy actually is pretty vital, too, to out it exactly where the receiver can bring it in, instead of having to make a circus catch, which they won't bring in, with the wet ball. I feel Peterman is more accurate than Flacco, but obviously has worse arm strength. I think Flacco wins out.

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

This.  Mostly because I have no idea what to expect.  If peterman is decent we may be decent.  If terrible we are looking at the first pick overall. 

...and this! I don’t even know what our offense will look like, much less what to expect from most players. Let’s just hope Shady stays Shady (and healthy). 

But weather may play a factor, for sure. 

I don't want there to be any excuses for the doom and gloom train riders. I want there to be perfect conditions AND see the Bills win, just to get some peace and quiet around here for a couple of days.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't want there to be any excuses for the doom and gloom train riders. I want there to be perfect conditions AND see the Bills win, just to get some peace and quiet around here for a couple of days.

As you well know, if the Bills win it will be embarrassing and won’t really count because obviously the Ravens must suck obviously. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1