Do you curse a lot in real life?

Another Fan

29 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I work for a company that does a lot of work for the government. White collar work. If you work for the government, either directly or indirectly, you are constantly reminded of tolerance, politeness, professionalism, etc.  There are people who are very religious, young mothers, old Gentry types, etc.  Cursing just doesn’t go over well.  In small groups with my peers I can get away with it, but  I have to be so careful that I just train myself to avoid it. 

Ah, yes... Government. Ironic since it's what makes you want to swear the most.

I am very disconnected from "white collar", heck I don't even own a shirt with a white collar (true story).

I'm not sure I would last long in you're world.

Dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks so they say. Merica- !@#$ yeah!

• Like (+1) 1

Yes,  but only in the style patterned after an old ‘In Living Color’ skit, whereby I just use the first letter of the curse word followed but the word “word.” For example:

What kind of stupid S-word,  mother F-wording question is that? Do I swear?  D-word right I do! Only way I can tolerate the countless dumb A-words I come across on a daily basis. The world is full of stupid C-word suckers just content with F-wording it up for the rest of us. Well, F-word that! You don’t like it, get your A-word out of here and go F-word yourself! 

Takes a little practice, but you get the hang of it after a while. 

44 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yes,  but only in the style patterned after an old ‘In Living Color’ skit, whereby I just use the first letter of the curse word followed but the word “word.” For example:

What kind of stupid S-word,  mother F-wording question is that? Do I swear?  D-word right I do! Only way I can tolerate the countless dumb A-words I come across on a daily basis. The world is full of stupid C-word suckers just content with F-wording it up for the rest of us. Well, F-word that! You don’t like it, get your A-word out of here and go F-word yourself! 

This goes with a thought I had years ago.   Why is it centered around certain words?  Is there a sub-conscious connection with the sounds that make that word you use in those situations?   Why is Gee-willikers or some other word not the go to word.

My verbal history is cyclic.   I may swear all to often for months and then nothing for months.   I found it interesting that after I retired, I did not swear for months until I was playing cards with my ex-coworkers.

On 9/6/2018 at 1:29 PM, joesixpack said:

Not at work or around family. That is to say unless i do something like injure myself.

When I injure myself is when the kids would laugh their hardest! Sick little #$%@#&^*’s. 

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

A few years ago I watched an 11th/12th grader repeatedly say "what the fudge". Didn't know the kid or parents (who were present) very well and wondered if this was a high school thing. Don't think I've heard it since. I couldn't decide whether it was good that he consciously chose not to curse or just kind of stupid because everyone knew the intent. Not being judgmental, honestly I don't  give an eff either way :)