The thread for Positive Pollyannas!

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I have about had it.

We know about all the recent switches by national prognosticators that have the Bills moving into last place with Peterman at QB.

We know about the odds makers in Vegas betting "when is Peterman's first interception" and "what are the chances his first throw is a interception."

We know about the "are the Bills already the worst team in the NFL?" article.

Now (and sorry if it has been reported someplace else on the board) my friend texted me that an anonymous NFL GM has said that Allen will lead the NFL in interceptions this year.

:huh:

That is not a typo.  Even though Allen isn't even starting from game one the GM still thinks he will lead the league in picks.

Fine.  Additionally, on other boards as our team gets made fun of I quietly handle the situation respectfully.  

Between us here...I am seething right now.  The season hasn't even started and I have rarely seen a team get a national beat down the way ours has, a year after making the playoffs.

I don't know what is going to happen on Sunday and I know many of you don't like Peterman.  Nothing would make me happier, though, than this kid lighting it up against the Ravens.

We take all this crap as black board material more than the team, but this is getting ridiculous.

Swords forward.

Let's play the damn game!

Take them to the wood shed boys!!!

LLLLEEEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY NNNNJENKINS!!!!!!

(yes, I do know the reference well...we will fare better)!

Darnold will lead the league in turnovers just like he did at USC.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I returned to my positive outlook pretty much after the death of Ralph Wilson. Words can't describe how much I hated him as an owner. Unlike most, I lay the blame for the drought squarely at his feet...starting with his utterly ridiculous treatment of Polian.

Now, though, I have hope. A wealthy owner, and two adults running the football operation. If the owner can stay true to his word and give these guys five years, I think we'll have something REALLY special.

I appreciate Ralph for one and only one reason. For keeping the bIlls in Buffalo and keeping the odds high they would stay here at his passing.

After that .. yeah I despised his management style

I also agree Beane and McDermott need to stay in place for a minimum of 5 because we cannto keeping switching coaches and schemes every 2 -3 years.. It doesn't build a foundation.. 

Edited by ddaryl

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I have about had it.

We know about all the recent switches by national prognosticators that have the Bills moving into last place with Peterman at QB.

We know about the odds makers in Vegas betting "when is Peterman's first interception" and "what are the chances his first throw is a interception."

We know about the "are the Bills already the worst team in the NFL?" article.

Now (and sorry if it has been reported someplace else on the board) my friend texted me that an anonymous NFL GM has said that Allen will lead the NFL in interceptions this year.

:huh:

That is not a typo.  Even though Allen isn't even starting from game one the GM still thinks he will lead the league in picks.

Fine.  Additionally, on other boards as our team gets made fun of I quietly handle the situation respectfully.  

Between us here...I am seething right now.  The season hasn't even started and I have rarely seen a team get a national beat down the way ours has, a year after making the playoffs.

I don't know what is going to happen on Sunday and I know many of you don't like Peterman.  Nothing would make me happier, though, than this kid lighting it up against the Ravens.

We take all this crap as black board material more than the team, but this is getting ridiculous.

Swords forward.

Let's play the damn game!

Take them to the wood shed boys!!!

LLLLEEEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY NNNNJENKINS!!!!!!

(yes, I do know the reference well...we will fare better)!

I whole heartedly agree. 

I was at my fantasy draft last night and took a ton of flack about Nate and then even more when I selected KB as a WR in the 6th round. 

Also so noticed that neither the D or Hauschka were listed on our cheat sheet. 

I hope Nate throws for 250+ and the D intercepts Flacco twice. 

GO BILLS. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Tired of all the negativity around these parts? Well, fear not good Bills fans! This thread is for you! If you're excited for the season and see good times ahead, take up your banner and follow me!!!

Time's up. Let's do this. LEEROOOOOOOOOY JENKINS!

I am positively scared shitless 

Just now, joesixpack said:

meh

fear is natural. and if they're bad, then they get a top pick. Perhaps even bosa or oliver.

I rather not suffer the season and have to look forward to the offseason before October is over with though.

Just now, ddaryl said:

I rather not suffer the season and have to look forward to the offseason before October is over with though.

Let me put it this way: it's unlikely they're in that position. They're due a MINIMUM 5 wins. 2 NYJ/MIA and 1 IND.

A couple upsets and its .500

Just now, joesixpack said:

Let me put it this way: it's unlikely they're in that position. They're due a MINIMUM 5 wins. 2 NYJ/MIA and 1 IND.

A couple upsets and its .500

I just cannot argue with this logic....   I usually reserve final judgement till mid October... 

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Zay is going to be in prison this year?

that would be an Oz year for him

9 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I just cannot argue with this logic....   I usually reserve final judgement till mid October... 

NOBODY walks into Miami with a gimme win, not even the Pats

it's a hard place to get a road win

"Not us right? Not us...not us. Let's tank it men, let's, let's just be done with it. They don't know anything about heart. They don't know anything about work. That's who we are...This is a start, this is not a finish. This is a start."

I think people are underestimating the intangibles---that which propelled us to 9 wins last season. Coaching, team chemistry, all for one attitude, leadership, etc.

And, yes, a lot rides on the QB situation (Peterman), but I will take a few more interceptions for some games with more than 86 yards passing. With Dabol over Dennison, and unless Peterman throws 3 interceptions a game (which is not going to happen), I do not see how our passing game doesn't improve. Don't underestimate how Peterman's quick timing will both help the O-line and frustrate the D-line in games. And when they are using multiple formations and personnel like they did only in preseason game 1, they will look a lot better than what we saw from the first unit in the last 3 preseason games.

Speaking of the preseason, I think many Bills fans and national media are reading way too much into the Cinci game. Every year we have to remind ourselves that preseason doesn't matter. We don't know what each coach and team are trying to accomplish in those games. Very few care about the final outcome. They are evaluating players and package groups, they may be testing blitzes or coverages, still trying to find what their guys do best, etc. For instance, let's say one coach wants to find out more about his players, so he puts them in a base formation just to see how they do mano-a-mano. The other coach maybe wants to test some new blitzes or feels he needs to build some team confidence, so he does a bit more game planning. Of course the second team in that scenario will look better. It is just so hard to determine anything team-wise in the preseason when we don't know how the coaches are treating it and what their plans are for each particular game.

This O-line, probably the second biggest reason to worry, will finally settle into the top 5 guys and start to get solid playing time together. They may still be a weak spot on the team, but they will at least get better as the season goes on just from playing together more. So, eventually, at least, it won't be as bad as it has looked thus far. Plus, their run blocking has actually not been bad at all, it is in the pass protection that they need to significantly improve, and again, hopefully Peterman getting the ball out fast will help in that area.

And we've got a lot of hungry players with something to prove: Kyle (maybe last season), Tre (for being overlooked), Zay (came into training camp on a mission), Shaq, Peterman (to overcome the 5 INT/half vs. LAC narrative), T. Murphy (was ready to take off and then got injured), M. Murphy (proving he belongs), K. Benjamin (to back up his statement's about Cam and prove he's a #1 WR), Groy (finally getting his shot at starting), etc., etc.

Don't discount heart, desire, drive, work ethic, coaching, leadership, and a team-first mentality. Those things can take you a long ways.

I don't know how many wins that will equate to, or if it will mean playoffs again, but I'm looking forward to another season of very competitive football with a team that I will really enjoy rooting for because of those intangibles. All I have to do is relive last New Year's Eve to know that this team is never going to quit and remember how you can get more out of less and win as a team despite the odds being against you. I do know we aren't anywhere near bottom of the league as so many are predicting! And we might start off slow, but eventually I think this will be a better team than last year.

Go Bills!

Edited by folz

1 hour ago, MikeSpeed said:

Peterman: League MVP

Shady: Rushing leader

Benjamin: 1100 yards

Zay Jones: 1050 Yards

Clay: 875 Yards

Secondary: Most INTs

Rush ? Least amount of yards.

House $$: Points leader

Whatever the new punters name is.... 0 punts (The team scores on every possession)

Fans: highest attendance total

McDermott: Coach of the year.

Bean: GM of the year.

Did I miss anything?

Shaq Lawson gets better at run defense and leads the league in sacks (19)

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's a hard place to get a road win

Bills are 17-15 since they built the new stadium in 1987.

We need a thread for the Even Keel's

Edited by ddaryl

2 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

Peterman: League MVP

Shady: Rushing leader

Benjamin: 1100 yards

Zay Jones: 1050 Yards

Clay: 875 Yards

Secondary: Most INTs

Rush D: Least amount of yards.

House $$: Points leader

Whatever the new punters name is.... 0 punts (The team scores on every possession)

Fans: highest attendance total

McDermott: Coach of the year.

Bean: GM of the year.

Did I miss anything?

39 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Shaq Lawson gets better at run defense and leads the league in sacks (19)

Edmunds -  DROY

• Like (+1) 1

You know what?   Maybe this response is over the top, but here it is anyway…

No matter what kind of tough sledding we see this year, I choose to be completely fired up about the team in a way that I have not been for a long, long time. It seems like the grown-ups are in charge again in the front office.  After a decades-long parade of some of the most thundering pin-headery imaginable, with players and coaches I didn’t want to cheer for, it’s morning in Buffalo again.

• I think Kim (in particular) sets a great tone for the organization, seems to run a tight ship, and is a great representative of the community and the franchise.
  • Beane (as it has been expressed elsewhere) is a witch.  Not every transaction will work out, but the ratio of upside to cost is almost always better than average (in my entirely subjective opinion).  For example, if Allen works out, there is no limit to how good he can be – but we were able to draft him without mortgaging the future.  A lot of his moves are that way – high upside to cost ratio.  If Beane hits, then the team is set for long term.  If he misses, it’s a recoverable loss moving forward.  This seems really smart to me.  Over time, I think this will be successful in building something special.
  • The attitude that McD is setting makes complete sense.  Starting with individuals that have successful habits (like work ethic), and getting them to “buy into” a collective process through positive reinforcement, mentoring, and peer accountability – this is just good management. 
  • We may finally have an heir and a spare in the quarterback room.  The first dozen posts from training camp described our rookie linebacker saying “Wow, this kid looks like the predator!” (Seriously, it was uncanny).  We have a new DT that pre-draft analysts were referring to as a “Kyle Williams type” backing up Kyle Williams.  We have a sophomore CB that we traded DOWN to get who should have been ROTY.  We have 10 (?) draft picks next year to further the rebuild, and they’ll be in great cap position at the end of this year.  The longest playoff drought in sports is someone else’s (lookin’ at you Seattle Mariners!)

Best of all, it looks like a lot of these young people really get and appreciate what this fan base and community is about.  I choose to DIG Tre White dancing in shin-deep snow, Josh Allen caring about our weird, regional chicken-wing/blue cheese pride, and Phillips keeping in touch with “Pancho Billa”.  I’m proud of being a fan of the Bills; even if it means cheering for a team with less success than others this year but more heart .  Something feels different lately in the aura around the club – like some of the new kids are “our guys” – in the same way that Fred Jackson was “our guy” or the way Talley was “our guy”.  I think the future is bright, even if this year might not be yet.

Even if it’s a tough year (and it may be), I TRUST THE PROCESS.

Thanks for listening, I needed to say that.

PS:  The Leroy Jenkins reference made me actually laugh out loud – good one!

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...my friend texted me that an anonymous NFL GM has said that Allen will lead the NFL in interceptions this year.

Well, that ought to take some of the heat off Peterman...

Just go and watch Bluto Blutarsky's 'It Ain't Over' speech.  And who cares what others say, unless that individual is signing your paycheque?  

?>>>?>>>?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm anxious about Sunday, but still excited overall about the season.

I still seriously think McDermott finds a way to get this team into the playoffs again and we get double digit wins.

I'm definitely a Positive Pollyana :thumbsup:

All right brother! LET'S DO THIS!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, AllenWillBust said:

So this is a good vs. evil thing?

You are like the kid who keeps showing up at the neighborhood pick up game that no one likes, gets treated like crap, but will not take the hint that no one wants him there.  Your Mommy needs to give you a good talking to, or perhaps take away your toys until you learn. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

is that legit or staged, then?

Staged.

Unfortunately 

What is real though?

Every time I scream "leeeeeeroy" and heroic leap across the arena into 3v1 on my warrior, while my wife's priest frantically tries to catch up and heal me, then yells at me after the game 

Leeroy Jenkins.

Staged in game.

Real, forever, in our hearts.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Staged.

Unfortunately 

What is real though?

Every time I scream "leeeeeeroy" and heroic leap across the arena into 3v1 on my warrior, while my wife's priest frantically tries to catch up and heal me, then yells at me after the game 

Leeroy Jenkins.

Staged in game.

Real, forever, in our hearts.

That's what I thought since that fight's kind of a joke. But the redo of that dungeon was pretty sweet.

Haven't played in years, though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

That's what I thought since that fight's kind of a joke. But the redo of that dungeon was pretty sweet.

Haven't played in years, though.

Been playing since freaking Warcraft rts game.

Met my gorgeous, wonderful wife during a battleground in Cataclysm expansion. Love at first heal ?.

Still playing.

35 years old.

Gamer 4 life.

Back to your thread:

I'm negative about this upcoming season, no doubt, but it's not all bad to me.

I'm crazy excited about our young core, and can't wait to watch them grow and carve their names in the wall of fame!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, joesixpack said:

Tired of all the negativity around these parts? Well, fear not good Bills fans! This thread is for you! If you're excited for the season and see good times ahead, take up your banner and follow me!!!

Time's up. Let's do this. LEEROOOOOOOOOY JENKINS!

leeroy-jenkins.jpg

....STILL hung over I take it??.............