Bills Captains

Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Have you seen his work as a gunner?  He's really excellent.    He's special teams captain with HauschMoney..

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/93986/taiwan-jones-carving-niche-at-gunner

That article is from 2013, so no, as a Bill, I have not seen anything that has stood out.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Patrick DiMarco???? 

What if it was Vlad ;)

7 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Have you seen his work as a gunner?  He's really excellent.    He's special teams captain with HauschMoney..

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/93986/taiwan-jones-carving-niche-at-gunner

I was making a comment rather than a critique over what he does ;)

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

2 players I could see us cutting being on this list is somewhat uninspiring.  Dimarco is 1 of 2 offensive captains.  That’s sad.

Who do you think could be cut? Btw captains are selected based on leadership in the locker room more than anything. Why is it sad that he exemplifies that and that his teammates respect him? 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Could be.   

again its LOL to read all the negative comments towards him.  

Haushka’s wife said on Twitter that the captains were selected by their teammates. It was of course in response to a snark tweet about the kicker being a captain. People really need to calm down on twitter 

I'm really happy to see Shady in there. That means alot imo...that he is a good teammate and leader. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haushka’s wife said on Twitter that the captains were selected by their teammates. It was of course in response to a snark tweet about the kicker being a captain. People really need to calm down on twitter 

It's so true. We know nothing. The fact that DiMarco and Jones, two people 50% of Bills fans thought should be cut are named captains, goes to show you how very little we actually know as fans. We simply have no idea on any of the intangible stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Twitter is filled with Twitts

and I love that  Haushka got the  C

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I hate to say it but I'm glad Peterman wasn't named a captain.

Overall the list is interesting with Taiwan Jones and Patrick DiMarco among the choices.  I guess many of us have underestimated Jones' leadership (I certainly have).

1 minute ago, eball said:

I hate to say it but I'm glad Peterman wasn't named a captain.

Overall the list is interesting with Taiwan Jones and Patrick DiMarco among the choices.  I guess many of us have underestimated Jones' leadership (I certainly have).

I'm amazed Jones is still on the team.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Oh really.

I get that McDermott loves him some special teams guys. I get that. But he brings little to nothing otherwise.

Yes, really.  And of course you knew McD doesn't assign captains, the players do -- right?  But keep blathering.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, eball said:

Yes, really.  And of course you knew McD doesn't assign captains, the players do -- right?  But keep blathering.

And YES, I know that as well, tough guy.

My original comment: "I'm amazed he even made the team."

But carry on, buddy.

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And YES, I know that as well, tough guy.

My original comment: "I'm amazed he even made the team."

But carry on, buddy.

:lol: So sorry you can't accept a little pushback on a crappy take!

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

No apology necessary. I just don't see any value in Taiwan effing Jones.

On behalf of fans concerned with who makes decisions regarding the Bills roster, let me say -- WHEW!

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rex’s captaincy program was such a joke I’m still amazed it even existed. He worked harder at trolling than he ever did at actually coaching. 

that's a fact 

More buffoonery 

It's hard to see the team choose Nate or Josh at this time.     I'd imagine that they want the C's to be players who would lead and contribute all season long