Will Josh Allen play tomorrow?

Bills365

17 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Well, that's the conventional wisdom but I'm not sure it applies this year to this team.

We don't really have a starter.  They should both play tomorrow (Nate & Josh, that is).

You might be right

Yes, I think he plays.

And if he plays, he still might start the season opener.

This offseason is clearly not a typical offseason. McDermott might want to get his starting QB as many reps as possible tomorrow since there's been such a serious rotation since OTAs.

Unfortunately, tomorrow doesn't answer who starts.

8 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Im usually a fan of the McBeane team but the QB situation should have been decided by now.  They have the luxury of seeing thsm everyday in practice.  It shouldnt have come to this.  

Why do you think the decision has not already been made? Of course the decision has been made.  Do you think a few reps against 3rd, 4th, and 5th string guys is going to make any difference in who starts at Baltimore.  Of course it won't.  

My guess is all three play with one guy getting one series followed by another getting two and the third playing the remainder of the game.  I think it will be AJ, Nate, and then Allen.  I think Mcd will play it safe and go with AJ to start the season.  

Of course if AJ doesn't play it will be a week of speculation as to whether that was due to injury or because he is the game 1 starter.

9 hours ago, COTC said:

If he plays, he’s not starting the season and we’re officially tanking. 

I can tell McDermott is a tanking kind of guy.  He tried it last year but the players just played better than he hoped.  He'll finish the job this year. 

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I don’t think he’s ready for prime time but he should get all the reps he can.  Plus, it makes one of the most worthless games ever somewhat interesting.

I want to see all the conclusions drawn by reputable sports media and the 'click bait cronies' if Coach McDermott decided to give Allen the majority of the work.

14 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Why do you think the decision has not already been made? Of course the decision has been made.  Do you think a few reps against 3rd, 4th, and 5th string guys is going to make any difference in who starts at Baltimore.  Of course it won't.  

My guess is all three play with one guy getting one series followed by another getting two and the third playing the remainder of the game.  I think it will be AJ, Nate, and then Allen.  I think Mcd will play it safe and go with AJ to start the season.  

Of course if AJ doesn't play it will be a week of speculation as to whether that was due to injury or because he is the game 1 starter.

If AJ is the starter after 1 average and 1 terrible game, god help us. He's been the worst of the QBs we have. Shown absolutely nothing. I really hoped he could be our Jimmy G.