Bleacher Report - Doom & Gloom

BarleyNY

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Holmes, Streater, Kerley, Jones, K. Clay,  all have no more than 3 receptions in the preseason.

Just to give a little perspective.

Coleman is a bad place looking to happen. Bad routes and his block in the back Sunday day was truly a sorry play. Bad attitude well on display in Clear. I initially thought this may be good but I have serious doubts now.

I think the 'tank season' we were supposed to have last year is actually going to happen this year.  Ending 'The Drought' last season was a fluke and everyone knows it.  This team is going nowhere until it can sweep New England, end of story.  This decades long dumpster fire is not going to be fixed overnight.  Next year, with high draft picks and way more cap space (and a possible Brady retirement), this team will finally start coming together.  Patience, people...patience.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think the 'tank season' we were supposed to have last year is actually going to happen this year.  Ending 'The Drought' last season was a fluke and everyone knows it.  This team is going nowhere until it can sweep New England, end of story.  This decades long dumpster fire is not going to be fixed overnight.  Next year, with high draft picks and way more cap space (and a possible Brady retirement), this team will finally start coming together.  Patience, people...patience.

I think you nailed it. Except that Tank implies intentionally losing. I think they will unintentionally lose. Still nailed it.

• Like (+1) 2

You rarely build an OL with castoffs and backups from other teams. You get there from the front end of the draft. It probably doesn't matter if the Bills don't have a deep threat WR because the QB will never have the time to get it to him. Look for tons of 20 yards and under passing attempts and McCoy having to run against 7 in the box all the time.

• Like (+1) 2

I tweeted to the guy, "Please stop writing about the Buffalo Bills."

Worst team in the league?  Come on, man!! 

I watched every minute of pre-season.  We had our moments.  Our run defense concerns me.  We have shown no pass rush.  But perhaps that's our vanilla schemes.  

Our OL played like crap against a great DL last Sunday.  Dawkins didn't play, and they kept rotating guys to different positions.  Personally, I don't know how Ducasse gets on the field.  I had some faith in Miller, but he played like crap too.  Shady didn't play, right?  Our QB was exposed by that pass rush.  He needs better protection.  

Everybody wants to jump on Cleveland's bandwagon.  They have more talent.  They had 4 of the top 36 picks.  They always pick at the top of the draft.  Guess what?  They haven't proven ANYTHING.  They lost 31 of their last 32 games....and kept the head coach!!  

Because of Cleveland, we ended up keeping both our first round picks, and got T. Edmunds!  That's because they were stupid enough to pass on Chubb and as a result our trade with Denver was canceled (giving up both firsts) and we traded with Tampa, and kept both that pick and our second first round pick.  I love Cleveland for that.  Too bad we don't play them.  Do you think Cleveland will make the playoffs?  

I think the Bills are a better team than they were last year.  Last year they were 9-7 including some horrible games (Jets, N.O., San Diego).  

Hell, I might just drive up to Green Bay for the game on the 30th!

Screw this guy.  He's too lazy to know anything about our team.  Screw him.  

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just read it. I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. In fact, I’m not sure that there is much to debate. The Bills are well-coached and have a plan. It was going to take a few years. If Allen can play they are fine. If not they are a long way from being good. 2018 is going to be what it’s going to be. Next year will be when we see the progress.

You're doing it wrong!

You are only supposed to read the title of the thread and then denounce the article.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I get tired of these kinds of articles.

The one's that make a statement with no backup. I want to see analysis and comparisons. If you're saying the Bills are the worst in the league, then show me exactly how they're stacking up against the other teams.

I already know they played bad. I've seen a bunch of terrible performances around the league this preseason.

It was just like reading an extended TBD post.

Please tell me what he said that was inaccurate, and feel free to use your own analysis and comparisons to show us why this article was inaccurate.

It was pretty spot on.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just read it. I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. In fact, I’m not sure that there is much to debate. The Bills are well-coached and have a plan. It was going to take a few years. If Allen can play they are fine. If not they are a long way from being good. 2018 is going to be what it’s going to be. Next year will be when we see the progress.

Agreed Kirby.

This year could be a tire-fire, especially with the Oline, which is awful.

The receivers have some potential, but also haven't proven anything, and thus far, have not looked good.

Davis looks awful.

The article was pretty spot on, the Bills could be in for a really rough year, or they could have a great season if a lot of the young guys pan out to their potential.

I'm willing to be we don't crack 5 wins, since our Oline looks like a disaster, and we have some SERIOUS pass rushes coming early in the season.

21 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I tweeted to the guy, "Please stop writing about the Buffalo Bills."

Worst team in the league?  Come on, man!! 

I watched every minute of pre-season.  We had our moments.  Our run defense concerns me.  We have shown no pass rush.  But perhaps that's our vanilla schemes.  

Our OL played like crap against a great DL last Sunday.  Dawkins didn't play, and they kept rotating guys to different positions.  Personally, I don't know how Ducasse gets on the field.  I had some faith in Miller, but he played like crap too.  Shady didn't play, right?  Our QB was exposed by that pass rush.  He needs better protection.  

Everybody wants to jump on Cleveland's bandwagon.  They have more talent.  They had 4 of the top 36 picks.  They always pick at the top of the draft.  Guess what?  They haven't proven ANYTHING.  They lost 31 of their last 32 games....and kept the head coach!!  

Because of Cleveland, we ended up keeping both our first round picks, and got T. Edmunds!  That's because they were stupid enough to pass on Chubb and as a result our trade with Denver was canceled (giving up both firsts) and we traded with Tampa, and kept both that pick and our second first round pick.  I love Cleveland for that.  Too bad we don't play them.  Do you think Cleveland will make the playoffs?  

I think the Bills are a better team than they were last year.  Last year they were 9-7 including some horrible games (Jets, N.O., San Diego).  

Hell, I might just drive up to Green Bay for the game on the 30th!

Screw this guy.  He's too lazy to know anything about our team.  Screw him.  

Everything he said was accurate.

Oline stinks.

Receivers stink unless coleman and zay pan out.

Edmunds is very good, which he said is a "future superstar" although he is a rookie, and will make a lot of mistakes calling the shots, which is expected.

CB outside of White looks terrible. Davis looks like a mess, and gains as well.

Zero pass rush outside of Hughes.

Star looks like he's mailing it in already.

We have some really solid young guys, but they don't look ready for big time yet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Please tell me what he said that was inaccurate, and feel free to use your own analysis and comparisons to show us why this article was inaccurate.

It was pretty spot on.

Agreed Kirby.

This year could be a tire-fire, especially with the Oline, which is awful.

The receivers have some potential, but also haven't proven anything, and thus far, have not looked good.

Davis looks awful.

The article was pretty spot on, the Bills could be in for a really rough year, or they could have a great season if a lot of the young guys pan out to their potential.

I'm willing to be we don't crack 5 wins, since our Oline looks like a disaster, and we have some SERIOUS pass rushes coming early in the season.

Everything he said was accurate.

Oline stinks.

Receivers stink unless coleman and zay pan out.

Edmunds is very good, which he said is a "future superstar" although he is a rookie, and will make a lot of mistakes calling the shots, which is expected.

CB outside of White looks terrible. Davis looks like a mess, and gains as well.

Zero pass rush outside of Hughes.

Star looks like he's mailing it in already.

We have some really solid young guys, but they don't look ready for big time yet.

Excellent posts, SouthNY.  :thumbsup:   "De-Nial" isn't only a river in Egypt; it's alive and well among many Bills fans.  

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Excellent posts, SouthNY.  :thumbsup:   "De-Nial" isn't only a river in Egypt; it's alive and well among many Bills fans.  

Haha.

Listen, I love the Bills, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Do I err on the side of pessimism? sometimes, yes I do.

I try to be pretty objective with it though.

There is zero reason to be excited much of the team.

We excelled/outdid our pythag wins last year by what? 3-4?

Teams typically regress to the mean after a season like that.

It's statistics.

Our Oline, CBs after tre, linebackers as a whole, Dline, and WRs past KB are not starting caliber.

It's facts, not hard to see.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think the Bills are the worst in the league, but they appear to be quite bad. 

In relation to the rest of the league:

QB - below average

RB - above average

WR - below average

TE - average

OL - below average

Run D - below average

Pass rush - below average

LBs - below average

Secondary - above average

The Bills are below average at most spots on their roster, including big ones like QB, OL and DL. If they can't control the line of scrimmage, and take a step backwards in terms of QB efficiency this year which seems quite likely, it's hard to see them matching what they did last year. 

Depending on how many breaks they get, this looks like a 5-7 win team which should be looking at a top 10 draft pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

It was pretty spot on.

Ummm...like I said. Show me a comparison and breakdown that explains why the Bills are the worst in the league.

It's making a statement and then not backing it up. The title should've been "The Bills Struggled in Preseason Game #3." That's an accurate statement that the article backed up.

If you don't understand the difference, then you're just stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

Why do people get angry about these predictions? It's not like Bleacher Report is saying anything different than what the wisdom of the crowd (reflected in the over/under preseason betting lines) is saying. Here's where those lines are now:

Cardinals 5.5 wins

Browns 5.5

Bills  6 

Jets 6

Bears 6.5

Bengals 6.5

Colts 6.5

Dolphins 6.5

Bucs 6.5

If Bleacher Report is so completely out of line, well, then you really ought to sell the farm, take out as big a credit card cash advance as you can get, and hop on that cheapo late night Vegas flight to put it all on the Bills winning at least 7 games. It's an opportunity to get rich, not to get angry.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Ummm...like I said. Show me a comparison and breakdown that explains why the Bills are the worst in the league.

It's making a statement and then not backing it up. The title should've been "The Bills Struggled in Preseason Game #3." That's an accurate statement that the article backed up.

If you don't understand the difference, then you're just stupid.

Their offensive line has been trash all preseason, and was the worst I've seen in about 15 years the other night.

Their wide receivers are terrible overall.

Their CB's behind tre look completely lost.

The Dline creates zero pressure.

That's an accurate statement.

The article talked about the team as a whole, and the lack of starting caliber talent.

You don't need spreadsheets and graphs to see that, just watch the games so far.

You made an assertion that the guy in the article was wrong, because he gave no evidence to back it up, yet you gave no evidence to counter his statements.

He provided discussion and valid points regarding many of the players and the lack of depth.

You did not.

If you don't understand that, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

49 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't think the Bills are the worst in the league, but they appear to be quite bad. 

In relation to the rest of the league:

QB - below average

RB - above average

WR - below average

TE - average

OL - below average

Run D - below average

Pass rush - below average

LBs - below average

Secondary - above average

The Bills are below average at most spots on their roster, including big ones like QB, OL and DL. If they can't control the line of scrimmage, and take a step backwards in terms of QB efficiency this year which seems quite likely, it's hard to see them matching what they did last year. 

Depending on how many breaks they get, this looks like a 5-7 win team which should be looking at a top 10 draft pick. 

Interesting though, the secondary, while above average overall (with tre, poyer, and hyde), the CBs behind tre look completely terrible.

• Like (+1) 1