Sign in to follow this  
Klaista2k

Why the hell didn't we address the OLINE?

33 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So they decided to get a QB and add to the defense this year. Next year will be the O, with a more experienced Allen. This team wasn’t going to be a one year quickie rebuild post Doug Whaley. 

They are going to have to get some help on defense next year as well.

Pass rush is still bad and LBs are questionable.  Another starting corner opposite White will be needed as well.

Hopefully they hit on Murphy and Star. If those guys both struggle then McBeane will have their hands full next offseason.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Tyrod Taylor helped mask certain deficiencies plus Wood & Incognito were better than the dudes they replaced. 

Nonsense.

Tyrod was all that was wrong with this offense. He was a RB playing QB. I read it here on this message board.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

Doubt it, the pressure was right up the middle. One of the worst interior performances I have seen.

"A little" was the operative qualifier...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

They are going to have to get some help on defense next year as well.

Pass rush is still bad and LBs are questionable.  Another starting corner opposite White will be needed as well.

Hopefully they hit on Murphy and Star. If those guys both struggle then McBeane will have their hands full next offseason.

No doubt. The pass rush has been undetectable thus far this ps. It’s a talent starved roster all around. 

Miller was awful today. Multiple penalties and he gave up 3 sacks himself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Because our head coach is a defensive coach first, so he is more concerned with that side of the ball FIRST.

After seeing this D I am concerned with that side of the ball too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Bean overpaid for the two #1's.....gave up a slew of 2's and 3's that could have rebuilt some positions of need like OL.  imho.

Totally agree, this team and the future would of looked good with a OC, OG and OT on rookie contracts taken in rounds 2 and 3.     Beane can be as loose as Whaley with trading away picks.

It's a new coaching staff and they don't know what they don't know...

It took Dick Jauron watching NT Kriss Jenkins manhandle three Bills players by himself and still sack the QB before they drafted Eric Wood in the first round and Andy Levitre in the second. Meanwhile, they didn't replace a top OT in Jason Peters until Buddy Nix drafted Cordy Glenn with a second round pick.

These new coaching staffs learn as they go as McD knows defense so that is where he wants to put most of his marbles. What these men don't comprehend is that it takes five top linemen to make a solid, cohesive offensive line good enough to allow the team to win playoff games. Not to mention quality backup linemen in case of injuries. This current roster has neither! 

Ducasse is the weakest link. Like a chain the OL is only as strong as it’s weakest link.

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

Doubt it, the pressure was right up the middle. One of the worst interior performances I have seen.

Losing Eric Wood and not properly replacing him s the problem and until they do replace him with equal or better talent this team will suffer. 

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

can’t judgae anything fro this game other than this season is up in the air right now 

Can't judge anything period imo. Our stud, one of the best playmakers in the league didn't play. Our potential stud LT didn't play. 

No Kyle/Murphy. A very vanilla defense.

I do agree with OL concerns but again , they could and should look completely different in Bmore. The staff is fully aware of the situation and will game plan accordingly. I still don't think we can be any worse than last year

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

It's a new coaching staff and they don't know what they don't know...

It took Dick Jauron watching NT Kriss Jenkins manhandle three Bills players by himself and still sack the QB before they drafted Eric Wood in the first round and Andy Levitre in the second. Meanwhile, they didn't replace a top OT in Jason Peters until Buddy Nix drafted Cordy Glenn with a second round pick.

These new coaching staffs learn as they go as McD knows defense so that is where he wants to put most of his marbles. What these men don't comprehend is that it takes five top linemen to make a solid, cohesive offensive line good enough to allow the team to win playoff games. Not to mention quality backup linemen in case of injuries. This current roster has neither! 

The entire roster is pretty underwhelming in talent.

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Losing Eric Wood and not properly replacing him s the problem and until they do replace him with equal or better talent this team will suffer. 

Not having a Center/QB combo nailed down by now is also a huge problem and I'm sure was a factor today. I think we'll figure it out. Looked Very vanilla . Really missed Dawkins

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I do think the OL will perform better come regular season.  

-For one thing, we’ll be running the ball more.  

-Hopefully the OL gels a bit more over the coming weeks leading up to Game 1.  

-Daboll can gameplan to hide weaknesses, instead of being in evaluation mode.  

-Dawkins and Shady will help.  

That being said... That first half today drained about 90% of my optimism for this season.  Now we get to hold our breath and hope the OL isn’t a dumpster fire and preseason Peterman is the real Peterman, not SD Nate.  We’ll know soon enough with Baltimore, San Diego and Minnesota defenses out the gate. 

Biggest worry - The “up the gut” pressure needs to get fixed and I don’t know how you do that without changing personnel or having said personnel man up. 

This is a pipe dream as defenses will stack the box and blitz the weakest links. You know, like the Chargers did against Peterman last year. 

The first three teams are the Ravens, the Chargers, the Vikings and I wonder if the Bills will have run out of starting QB's by then. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Totally agree, this team and the future would of looked good with a OC, OG and OT on rookie contracts taken in rounds 2 and 3.     Beane can be as loose as Whaley with trading away picks.

Those picks were needed in order to get the 7th pick to get Josh Allen

What would you have done?

One way to get way under the salary cap is to cut all 5 starting O linemen and replace them with turnstiles. Less money, same result.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Can't judge anything period imo. Our stud, one of the best playmakers in the league didn't play. Our potential stud LT didn't play. 

No Kyle/Murphy. A very vanilla defense.

I do agree with OL concerns but again , they could and should look completely different in Bmore. The staff is fully aware of the situation and will game plan accordingly.

I still don't think we can be any worse than last year

Last year the team had pro bowlers in Wood, Incognito and still stunk at times.

Think back to 2010 and starting 0-8, finishing 4-12 and the only reason the team won four games is because Buddy Nix was able to pull Erik Pears and Kraig Urbk off the waiver wire to stop the jailbreaks. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Those picks were needed in order to get the 7th pick to get Josh Allen

What would you have done?

Well... if we are going to start second guessing ourselves, maybe Edmunds was a luxury that we couldn't afford this year...

Edited by Aussie Joe

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well... if we are going to start second guessing ourselves, maybe Edmunds was a luxury that we couldn't afford this year...

So who would we have starting at MLB?

It could be that the best talent pool to do  an 0-line upgrade will become available a week from now.

6 minutes ago, Mij yllek said:

One way to get way under the salary cap is to cut all 5 starting O linemen and replace them with turnstiles. Less money, same result.

Is our starting OL making that much money?

Dawkins (would we really cut him.....playing well....second round pick)

Decausse (I will give you this one...not worth whatever he is making

Groy (making peanuts) Bodine (Not making that much)

Miller (not making that much)

Mills (not making that much)

Are you talking like starting street free agents or something?

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Last year the team had pro bowlers in Wood, Incognito and still stunk at times.

Think back to 2010 and starting 0-8, finishing 4-12 and the only reason the team won four games is because Buddy Nix was able to pull Erik Pears and Kraig Urbk off the waiver wire to stop the jailbreaks. 

Last year they also had Tyrod Taylor who was afraid to throw the football and Dennison whose play calling had many girlfriends & wives of posters able to predict the play pre snap! 

The problem is the communication imo.  Which is coachable. Woods was the big loss . He runs the line, calls the shifts ,etc and this QB and C competition didn't help  We now have 2 weeks to get some chemistry on that OL..

I know what we just witnessed was depressing, embarrassing and a disaster but McD clearly was shuffling the line mid game (another reason for the confusion, terrible communication) to make a final assessment . These factors won't be a problem week 1