John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

If he was a man of dignity he would resign from an important job he is no longer able to perform.   

McCain has a lot in common with Ted Kennedy. Both rode their family name, both brain cancer, divorce, wanted to be President, and both die a US Senator.

Just now, Niagara said:

McCain has a lot in common with Ted Kennedy. Both rode their family name, both brain cancer, divorce, wanted to be President, and both die a US Senator.

Both had relatives who were awarded a Navy Cross in WWII.

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You literally said "you say" now you say you didn't say it. 

You're terrible at this. 

I think he's trying.

RIP to John McCain.  For all of darkness surrounding him, I mourn the young man who had ideals, heard the call to serve, and worked to keep this nation great.  I firmly believe no one begins their political career corrupt, but that never seems to save any of them.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't want to speak ill of the dead, but I'm getting a little nauseated watching people choke on this guy's rooster. I give him the same level of respect for going to war that I give anyone else who answers the call, and no more. Otherwise, in keeping in line with my first statement, I don't have much to say about him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rob's House said:

I don't want to speak ill of the dead, but I'm getting a little nauseated watching people choke on this guy's rooster. I give him the same level of respect for going to war that I give anyone else who answers the call, and no more. Otherwise, in keeping in line with my first statement, I don't have much to say about him.

He was one of the primary architects of the palace coup (in addition to other ills), he played an active role in boosting the dossier in the press and the Hill. Thus his legacy must be sanctified, making it a social sin to speak the truth about the "man". 

Pay attention to who's sanctifying him. The enemies of this nation are not hiding. They're boasting. 

• Like (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He was one of the primary architects of the palace coup (in addition to other ills), he played an active role in boosting the dossier in the press and the Hill. Thus his legacy must be sanctified, making it a social sin to speak the truth about the "man". 

Pay attention to who's sanctifying him. The enemies of this nation are not hiding. They're boasting. 

A coup!! 

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

"He was a great patriot, a humanitarian, a loyal friend — provided, of course, he really is dead."

— François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Rob's House said:

It is particularly tedious to read all the praise of him from people who have expressed such contempt for him previously.

• Like (+1) 3

*This* is why the fawning coverage of McCain right now is infuriating.

Nobody on the right is ever tolerable to the media until they are no longer capable of wielding actual power.

Then they become the “good” republican to contrast with whoever is the new threat to the left.

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

*This* is why the fawning coverage of McCain right now is infuriating.

Nobody on the right is ever tolerable to the media until they are no longer capable of wielding actual power.

Then they become the “good” republican to contrast with whoever is the new threat to the left.

"I have witnessed incidents where he has used profanity at colleagues and exploded at colleagues. He would disagree about something and then explode. It was incidents of irrational behavior. We've all had incidents where we have gotten angry, but I've never seen anyone act like that....He had very few friends in the Senate. He has a lot of support around the country, but I don't think he has a lot of support from people who know him well."

- Senator Bob Smith

Well...he does now that he's dead, Bob...

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Another interesting article about an aircraft carrier. Google McCain and Spain and power lines and find other stories. 

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2018/08/26/mccain-the-hero-nearly-sunk-an-aircraft-carrier-killed-134-sailors/

I think we can safely say that Republicans have officially lost the moral high ground.

That's not a bad thing. It never really made sense in the first place. A darwinian approach to governance is diametrically opposed to Christian values. Just seems as though that particular juxtaposition has crossed the Rubicon of plausibility.