Cardale starting tonight for Chargers

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Haplo848 said:

That's fair.  But that's also the point.  I want to be able to make that comparison, instead of being forced to compare those performances with one where the third string Oline was a turnstile when it wasn't committing penalties.  

So the competition goes up?  Good.  I want to see how he reacts to that, if he can overcome it.  Does he connect on those deep balls if he has someone other than Robert "I'm too good to dive" Foster trying to catch them?  Has his footwork and mechanics improved?  It's a little hard to tell when he's scrambling all the time.  But his pocket presence was good, and there were definitely flashes of greatness there.

The way I see it is Peterman played nearly a flawless game. So unless they think it was a fluke they can test out AJ and JA starting in the next pre season games to remove all doubt. I don't need to see Peterman with the ones again. Just the other two. I agree. 

Start them and see if they can play a nearly flawless game with the starters and if Peterman looks as good running with the lesser talent. It's a good test. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Haplo848 said:

I've been thinking similar things.  I'm now wondering how all the "we should have draft Rosen instead of Allen" people will react to this?

I was more pro-Rosen of the two. I didn’t see the cards game but would react by saying that how a first preseason game goes isn’t worth much reaction.

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

Actually there was a bunch of us that did want to take him the 7th last year.  Would have been a lottery ticket, but if you're gonna take a chance on a guy, he would have been a good one to have done it with.  Who knows how it will pan out, but he is the type of guy I like to take flyers on.  If it works, great, if not, it's a 7th and who cares.

Poor decision and throw there from Kelly.  Never should have thrown that one.  If you do, you have to make sure it gets to the outside where only your WR has a chance.

It felt like he was already a huge long shot and that the guy that couldn’t stay out of fights when visiting HS football games back home probably needed to be out of buffalo to have his best shot (still an incredible long shot)

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

They'll be saying "we should have drafted Chad Kelly" instead.

It's better than when they said the Browns will have a better record than the Bills this season......

The Broncos deserve what they got good or bad with Chad Kelly. It's that simple. 

Edited by Lfod

Just finished watching Cardale. He has a couple nice passes, but overall he was not good at all. Missing easy throws. Staring down receivers. Questionable decision making. 

If he’s their #2 QB, they are in deep **** if Rivers goes down... 

Peterman looked miles better than Cardale. So far that’s looking like the right choice (not that I ever really doubted trading Cardale away, anyway. But I remember having some arguments defending keeping Peterman over Cardale. Speaking of that... noogie/buffalobud where you at? lol j/k) 

Edited by BillsFan4

12 hours ago, sven233 said:

Chad Kelly has looked very good so far.  This Broncos and Vikings game is so much better than the Cardinals and Chargers.  That games has been awful.

Is this his 2nd or3rd year in the league ? Sometimes learning the system for a couple of years makes them much better.

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

It felt like he was already a huge long shot and that the guy that couldn’t stay out of fights when visiting HS football games back home probably needed to be out of buffalo to have his best shot (still an incredible long shot)

Kelly strikes me as the kind of guy who would flourish with a change of scenery.  Hanging around old friends in Buffalo and playing under the shadow of his uncle, particularly with this fanbase, was never going to work out.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sullim4 said:

Kelly strikes me as the kind of guy who would flourish with a change of scenery.  Hanging around old friends in Buffalo and playing under the shadow of his uncle, particularly with this fanbase, was never going to work out.

....could possibly be the next Jim Kelly or Emmitt Kelly.....solely up to HIM............

12 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Rosen went 6 of 13 for 41 yards. Cant watch the game but it doesn't sound like he impressed. 

He showed potential but also looked like an inexperienced rookie. His o-line did him no favors and his center snapped it low several times. 

21 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Is this his 2nd or3rd year in the league ? Sometimes learning the system for a couple of years makes them much better.

His 2nd year. But iirc he was injured for much of his first year. He didn’t play any preseason games and was placed on injured reserve in November, ending his season. 

They also switched OC’s part way through the year, so this is everyone’s first training camp in Bill Musgrave’s offense. 

So I woke up this morning and my morning news feed from Google said "Rosen impresses in first NFL action". I can either believe that title or you guys who watched the game. ?

Of all the young QBs I really want to succeed (just to make the league fun for the next 10 years), Rosen is not one of them. Call me a hater if you like. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

So I woke up this morning and my morning news feed from Google said "Rosen impresses in first NFL action". I can either believe that title or you guys who watched the game. ?

Of all the young QBs I really want to succeed (just to make the league fun for the next 10 years), Rosen is not one of them. Call me a hater if you like. 

He did well against a very good defense. He had a couple of nicely placed passes that were dropped by his receivers. His pocket presence is actually very good and he showed some good strength completing a pass with the defender holding his legs. So far the rookie QBs have all looked promising. I think it's important to see these guys against 1st and 2nd defenses to really gauge their standing. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

2nd year.....  First ever playing time in the NFL.  He missed all of last year due to injury.  So, last night was his first live action.

9 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I didn’t see the whole game, but the guys on ESPN this morning said out of all the top rookies who played this week, Rosen looked the least ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/11/2018 at 11:36 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Kelly is going right by Lynch. He may go by Keenum too. No one questioned Chad’s talent. If he can keep it together he has a chance to play in this league. 

A lot of people here questioned his talent, a few thought he had what it takes...