Marcus Murphy: Looking Good for the 53

15 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think in today’s NFL, you need 3 maybe 4 good backs. No sense in trading away a guy like Ivory who offers a change of pace and tough yardage carries.

For sure.  Ivory has a role to fill.

If Cadet and Jones are cut both or at least Jones should clear waivers and go home to sit.

One will be available if the Bills need a RB during the season.

Ford may be a PS guy.

If DiMarco can up his game some the RBs should be more than fine.

RB Marcus Murphy has 'done everything right'

With the preseason halfway over, Murphy has turned defenders and heads.

With LeSean McCoy nursing a day-to-day groin injury and probably not needing any preseason reps anyway at the age of 30, Murphy has been Buffalo’s most productive running back, by far. Buffalo offensive coordinator Brian Daboll has taken note.

“(Murphy) has done everything right,” Daboll saidl “This guy is a young player, but he practices the right way, he prepares the right way, obviously he has had a good training camp. The success that he’s had in these first couple games is a product of the kind of kid he is, how hard he works, the preparation, he’s serious. How he finishes in practice, there’s numerous clips out there. He just does the right thing and he’s very dependable and hopefully he just continues to get better.”

Cover 1: Bills' RB Marcus Murphy’s Vision and Ability to Set Up Blocks
Buffalo Bills running back Marcus Murphy is not a household name. The former Missouri Tiger has been buried down the Bills’ depth chart the last few months, but since the pads have gone on, his skills have carried him right back up it.

Murphy has made the most of his opportunities. His willingness to do whatever it takes for the team has caught the eyes of not just fans, but also of his head coach.

DlZisYwVAAALr9C.jpg

On 8/23/2018 at 11:40 AM, DasNootz said:

Murphy has looked good enough, that I'd be comfortable shopping Ivory to a team like San Francisco or Washington that are looking injury bitten/thin at RB.

...Deadskins signed Peterson for $1 mil and he ran for 50+ last night...............

Yes, he needs to work hard on his pass blocking. Other than that, I see no negatives. With Shady likely sidelined the rest of preseason and Josh under Center, he can make a great case for #2 and a few years as an important cog here.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:05 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

So does the offensive line, so he's in good company.

LOLd.

well done Happy  !

On 8/23/2018 at 10:54 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Now,  

it's a lock  !!

On 8/25/2018 at 9:04 AM, Limeaid said:

I have one of those and no key.  Completely useless .....  :D

hope it is not securing your chastity belt ! yikes

On 8/25/2018 at 10:40 AM, bmur66 said:

He’s got to be good with that last name. The Irish are taking this team over.

Edited by 3rdand12

On 8/28/2018 at 7:17 PM, HappyDays said:

Somehow Buffalo always has great running backs. It doesn't matter who the coach or the GM is. It's been that way for over 20 years and what feels like 10 different regimes.

Goes to show you how important the position is...

On 8/23/2018 at 8:44 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

Ivory and Cadet do nothing for me. Murphy's style of running is perfectly suited to backup or even platoon with McCoy.

I have to disagree with this

Ivory is the thunder to McCoy's lightening.......if your trying to get a tough 1st down on short yardage....i want Ivory taking that rep

• Like (+1) 1