Allen should start with #1's

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not at all. He showed a dozen great qualities and he showed he's a rookie in his first game. Some little things he did were terrific. 

Outside of the td what did he do good besides scramble? He missed open wrs. He over threw a couple. Looked down field when he had the check down. What are those dozen good things? 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Outside of the td what did he do good besides scramble? He missed open wrs. He over threw a couple. Looked down field when he had the check down. 

Hahahaha! After years of captain check downs you want more....hilarious

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Magnetar said:

That's doesn't make sense.  AJM and NP are battling for the start, they need to give AJM the start next week, and after that game decide who their regular season starter is.  Allen is not starting material, why give him time with the 1's?  Can't waste #1 reps like that in a QB battle.

I think they drafted him with the idea that he is starting material.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Easy Fanboy I watched everything. He was off on a lot of passes, but it's his first game. Just shows he needs time to develop. He made some really good throws as well.

Ooof.

What did you watch with because it wasn’t your eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Outside of the td what did he do good besides scramble? He missed open wrs. He over threw a couple. Looked down field when he had the check down. What are those dozen good things? 

If Foster keeps running for a half second more, it's a 60 yard touchdown and these takes are gone. 

2 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

I didn’t even want him drafted, but the criticism of his play with these sloppy third stringers is rediculous. If I’m a fan boy, you are a hater...

It is a good sign to see disagreement like this, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Two of the three bombs he threw to Foster were excellent passes and should have been long gainers, one of which was on third and 22 or so. He threw a couple darts over the middle. He changed his delivery on a couple passes to avoid the defenders in his face. The first series was third and four and he threw a nice out pass right on the money that was dropped. He looked around one time and instead of gunning the ball like he normally does, lofted one to a wide open guy (Croom?) for a long gain and first down. The scrambling should not be downplayed because whomever is the starter is going to face rushes like that. And it wasn't only scrambling. He showed speed running, and smarts running, and awareness of down and distance, and awareness of the clock. 

Even when it was fourth down and they had to call a TO with one second left on the play clock, he ran off the field pointing to his helmet as if he didn't get the play and it wasn't his fault, which was a savvy veteran move, and very good awareness for his first game. ;)

• Like (+1) 3

There was an easy catch that was dropped, 2 no option throw aways, a pass interference that was not called, and a long TD pass that many good WRs would have made.  The 2 miscommunications arnt too bad when its the 3rd unit in preseason.  

I think JA showed well throwing the ball, and his 30 yards of rushing was good too.  

1 minute ago, artmalibu said:

There was an easy catch that was dropped, 2 no option throw aways, a pass interference that was not called, and a long TD pass that many good WRs would have made.  The 2 miscommunications arnt too bad when its the 3rd unit in preseason.  

I think JA showed well throwing the ball, and his 30 yards of rushing was good too.  

Allen threw three balls deep to Foster. Allen's first play that was 55-60 yards in the air, hit him in stride but three yards out of bounds. Not a good pass. Too far OB. 

The second one looked like a great pass. Foster should have caught it. It was within a yard and Foster didn't run right to it or track it well. A decent NFL WR catches that ball in stride. It was a terrific pass. 

The third one looked three yards overthrown. If you watched the replay, Foster literally stopped running in the middle of the play, realized it was coming to him and then started running again. That easily could have and should have been a 50 yard completion. Allen threw a bunch of great passes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Foster makes that catch on 3rd and 22 for 6 the game looks totally different.  Next week I want to see Corey Coleman with Allen.  

The kid mustve lost the Ball, because all he had to do was stretch out out a little for the it.

30 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I would like a decent quarterback. 9/19 with and against 3rd stringers isn't decent, It's bad. Why wouldn't you want more than that? What's hilarious is people think he looked good

You should try and never talk about football again. 

Edited by Domdab99

50 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But Peterman has two glaring fatal flaws and he did zero in this game to alleviate the worry. He doesn't handle a strong rush well, and he doesn't get the ball downfield, and he doesn't have the arm strength.

Well that's three things first of all, and then you laid out even more. By the way, I agree with you. While Nate looked fine he also showed every reason we can't have him as our starter.

People, people, this is our first PRE SEASON game. Read NOTHING into it. That is all.

42 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Well for one thing opposite Tyrod for example, when there was a wide open receiver on the left downfield 15 or 20 yards not only did he see him, he threw the ball to him! And it was a completion!!! Imagine that.

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

The kid can sling for sure and moves very well in the pocket,  i like what saw tonight.  The guy is not afraid to let it fly and i believe should start the season as our starter.  His offensive line tonight were garbage and Robert Foster should be cut on Monday,  the guy cannot track the ball and gave up on plays. The ball just explodes out of his hand,  get him some receivers that can get open.

Is this post from 2021? It makes no sense in 2018.

Allen won’t be ruined by starting, he’s smart enough to realize he’s not going to step in his rookie year and be Aaron Rodgers.

Im also pretty sure he will simply get much better; much faster with 1st team reps and starting experience sooner rather than later.  Peterman had a good quarter, McCarron too, neither showed any elite potential the way Allen did with his arm.

Allen will be the starter by week 4 at the latest; the other guys are still good backups imo.  

Besides, even if Allen does have some accuracy issues, he throws that ball so hard DBs aren’t gonna be able to haul those in... On a related note, I’m really worried about Coleman’s hands making it through 16 games with Allen under center.

Edited by ThunderGun