Allen should start with #1's

34 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I figured as much.

A baseless statement from someone, unable to be backed by fact. it's the MO of a good many around here. If ONE pass missed is enough for you to "clearly" determine he's not ready, then it's not me who's seeing what I want to see. It's you.

This is how I feel after 3 minutes of watching ESPN. Every time.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Off base?   One pass?  

9 for 19.    How did we 10 I’m caught passes = 1?

Why did you edit out my post? 

I responded before your edit. It's not rocket science.

how many of the ten misses were on Allen rather than Foster or Proehl?

I'll wait.

Edited by joesixpack

I’m actually surprised that anyone left that game not impressed by Allen. I said it in another thread but the guys that I was with that were Steeler fans were blown away. They were criticizing us for not being in love. He looked like a 14 year-old kid with a fake birth certificate playing in the Little League World Series. He was so much better than any player on the field. I don’t see any reason to not play him with, and against, better players. Throwing to NFL receivers, behind and NFL OL, against NFL defenders, is the only way his development continues.

We already know he can play back yard football. We saw it at Wyoming and we saw it Thursday. He will always be able to keep plays alive, make plays with his feet and hurt you down the field. Allen needs to develop his play in the pocket and work on his base. That’s how he will be more consistent and move closer to his massive ceiling. That’s not going to happen playing behind Adam Redmond and throwing the ball to Foster and Proehl.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I didn’t edit it. 

What exactly is it you're looking for?

I've asked you a clear question, asked you to tell me exactly which of his plays showed he's "CLEARLY" not ready.

You've provided me, at best, two plays. One of which was POSSIBLY used to support your "CLEAR" thinking. That leaves about 18 others. Let's hear it.

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m actually surprised that anyone left that game not impressed by Allen. I said it in another thread but the guys that I was with that were Steeler fans were blown away. They were criticizing us for not being in love. He looked like a 14 year-old kid with a fake birth certificate playing in the Little League World Series. He was so much better than any player on the field. I don’t see any reason to not play him with, and against, better players. Throwing to NFL receivers, behind and NFL OL, against NFL defenders, is the only way his development continues.

We already know he can play back yard football. We saw it at Wyoming and we saw it Thursday. He will always be able to keep plays alive, make plays with his feet and hurt you down the field. Allen needs to develop his play in the pocket and work on his base. That’s how he will be more consistent and move closer to his massive ceiling. That’s not going to happen playing behind Adam Redmond and throwing the ball to Foster and Proehl.

Yup.

Adam Redmond who was snapping shot gun snaps noticeably slower than either Bodine or Groy. Foster who drops passes and slows down on routes.