Are The Bills Mafia’s Tailgate Antics An Embarrassment?

Yes...but.

What is shown by websites like Deadspin is an embarrassment, but that's like one or two tailgates out of thousands. So in reality, few Bills tailgates are as out of control as the are depicted.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I'll tell ya what is embarrassing to me - seeing fans of other teams get berated/assaulted at our stadium.  I don't want Bills fans treated that way in other stadiums either.  We're all just supporting our team.

I'd guess the same "look at me" tailgating morons, are in many cases the same fans looking to start trouble with opposing fans.  Common denominators...too much alcohol, not enough common sense.

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

That in no way shape or form is ironic.

I blame Alanis Morrisette for ruining an entire generation's understanding of the term "irony".

'Cause it sure as **** isn't a bug in your goddam wine. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not an embarrassment in my opinion.

At the end of the day, who cares. If they aren’t hurting anyone (we’ll possibly the person getting smashed in the table lol) then I don’t see why people care.

I would never do it personally, but if that’s their way of having fun and they aren’t hurting anyone, then who am I to judge someone. 

This is purely talking about smashing through tables. I didn’t read the article. If they are also mentioning harassing other fans and destroying property, then that’s definitely not right.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes. You unlearned, agrarian, hillbillies embarrass the crap out of me. My god, I know there’s NOTHING to do in WNY, but people just ramp up their stupid before going in to the Ralph. 

Seriously, we’re loyal fans, but we’re pretty trashy if you look at it unbiasly. 

It is an embarrassment to me. It is the reason I don't associate myself with "The Mafia"... They represent a bunch of drunken idiots that think football Sundays can't be enjoyed without getting hammered and making an ass of yourself. I can't believe that the Bills organization would want to market the mafia or be associated with it in any way. You can support your team without smashing through tables or having a gallon of chicken wing sauce poured over your face. Grow up...

Call it whatever the hell you will. I've lived all along the Northeast and met fans of many different teams. I've have had more co-workers friends of different teams than I can count who want to experience a Bills tailgate. I personally can careless what people do on their own dime as long as they are not drinking and driving and have a sober ride home safe.

Edited by Real McCoy

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Just came across this article that flew under the radar from a small newspaper near me.  The writer is somewhat critical of The Bills Mafia stadium antics which have gone viral.

Ironically he says something I never thought of.  He mentions that the Bills org is not happy about these viral videos.  When the built a new stadium is built downtown, the high ticket prices will keep this kind of “riff raff” (his words) out of the stadium.  

https://waynetimes.com/columns/worst-bills-mafia/

I was a college kid once, and we engaged in drinking activities from time to time, so I understand the desire to get rowdy, but that is an embarrassment to anyone, especially to the Bills organization.  Now that social media is everywhere, you have to know your stupidity will be put on full display.  Having that kind of fun I have no issue with, being proud of it later, that, I do have a problem with.

Of course it's embarrassing.

The good news is that an NFL stadium on a Sunday afternoon is largely a drunken zoo, no matter where you are in the league.

So the low lifes in WNY doing this crap kind of blend in.

The scene at Redskins games has a bad reputation on a national level too, and so do many other teams/cities.

3 hours ago, yall said:

I blame Alanis Morrisette for ruining an entire generation's understanding of the term "irony".

'Cause it sure as **** isn't a bug in your goddam wine. 

That song really should have been called "Murphy's Law."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Yes. You unlearned, agrarian, hillbillies embarrass the crap out of me. My god, I know there’s NOTHING to do in WNY, but people just ramp up their stupid before going in to the Ralph. 

Seriously, we’re loyal fans, but we’re pretty trashy if you look at it unbiasly. 

Way to take the a dozen videos on TMZ as gospel.  Not that unbiased if you're just a sheep

Definitely an embarrassment, but, to each his own, as long as they are only hurting themselves and the tables.

I don't like how the media has run with the table narrative and is using it to mock instead of focusing on the simple passion ALL Bills fans have.

Let's face it the table crashers represent <1% of Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1