Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

I'm more meh on the trade than others are but I can't complain for a 7th in 2020. Browns fans on Twitter mostly hate the trade and think he was putting together a good training camp this year. The big question with Coleman is can he stay healthy?

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Even if he comes in and puts up 56 catches for 718 and a 12.8 ypc with 5 TDs in 19 games over a two year period that is perfectly fine production for a 7th round pick. 

That is much better than average 7th rounder production.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

HC and FO positions definitely age you.  That gray is starting to get more and more with Beane.  

Umm, excuse me?  That is silver, not gray, and there is a rumor going around that when it is cut it turns to gold and that small starving children gather it up and sell it to Airport Plaza Jewelers so that they may feed their families.

It's called the Internet, Royale, maybe you could use it every once in awhile and check your facts.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GG said:

There have to be questions about why the price is so low

I would usually guess salary cap, even on his rookie contract Coleman is overpaid for what he's actually done on the field. But the Browns don't need a lot of salary cap for 2 or 3 years so I think they're just trying to let their other receivers have a shot. Their 4th round pick Antonio Calloway has looked good.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would usually guess salary cap, even on his rookie contract Coleman is overpaid for what he's actually done on the field. But the Browns don't need a lot of salary cap for 2 or 3 years so I think they're just trying to let their other receivers have a shot. Their 4th round pick Antonio Calloway has looked good.

It's only like $1.5M. 

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

actually, i don't understand why someone would be down on the team at this point...if we were 0-6 I can see that but the team has added some talent...defense expects to be better and even though some don't believe this....we are coming off a playoff season...

You must only be looking at the unicorns and rainbows through your rose colored fan boy glasses.  ?

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Whaley traded for Jerry Hughes and LeSean McCoy.  Why does everyone always have to put someone Dow to praise someone?  

Jerry Hughes was under the nap time gm. Check the dates. Chip Kelly called Whaley. Whaley has to answer the phone. That isn’t hard. Nice try. Whaley stink and his stench is almost gone.

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You're an idiot. 

That’s cute...

Edited by Bill_with_it
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Umm, excuse me?  That is silver, not gray, and there is a rumor going around that when it is cut it turns to gold and that small starving children gather it up and sell it to Airport Plaza Jewelers so that they may feed their families.

It's called the Internet, Royale, maybe you could use it every once in awhile and check your facts.

I'm starting to get silver on the left side of my face.  If I don't shave for a few days, you really notice it.  It's not salt and pepper because that's like a mixed pattern.

Mine is dark everywhere with a patch of silver.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm starting to get silver on the left side of my face.  If I don't shave for a few days, you really notice it.  It's not salt and pepper because that's like a mixed pattern.

Mine is dark everywhere with a patch of silver.

Royale, consider yourself lucky, my friend.

I have silver on my temples, chest, arms and back...maybe on my butt, too, however it is difficult for me to tell.  Fortunately, the top of my head appears to be a basic olive skin toned color, so that's staying young.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

26 minutes ago, nucci said:

actually, i don't understand why someone would be down on the team at this point...if we were 0-6 I can see that but the team has added some talent...defense expects to be better and even though some don't believe this....we are coming off a playoff season...

i'm with you.  i'm optimistic.  why wouldn't someone be?  what the new staff is trying to pull off may not work, but there's a definite philosophy they're sticking to.  even if this team takes a step back this year, it won't necessarily be a bad thing.  there's hopefully an evolution going on here, and i hope certain members are willing to be patient and enjoy the ride.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very good comparison, similar attributes, it all came together for Agholor in year 3. Whether Coleman does or doesn't put it all together , for a 7th , I take that all day with the Bills WR.

If him and/or Zay can reach their potential , this wr corps is suddenly good-looking very good, assuming KB stays healthy

WR seems to be the position that takes a moment to "get it" at the NFL level, especially a guy like Coleman who ran a very limited route tree at Baylor.  We are "building the basketball team" we did not have someone with Coleman's upside/skill set.  I think it's a great gamble at the price.