Running Game Looks Strong

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they are bad overall, but they do have some areas of weakness that can potentially by exploited with scheme. I do think some people are overlooking Rivers’ inconsistency. Last year he looked turrible at times. He was way off on easy throws. Other games on fire. Just getting old I guess. He started to looked like West Coast Fitzy. I’m not a huge fan of Alynn as HC. Nice guy maybe but not sure about HC material. Jmo. 

Rivers is a legendary choker--particularly in the playoffs. 

He's done.  Let the Bills D put the fork in this poser for good....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

They rarely make second level tackles in practice.  They chip each other. The running game always looks strong that way. 

The size of the holes were nice.. the Oline was wining at the LOS on run plays a good amount 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

So our run D sucks? 

PANIC ENSUES! 

?

Well they were 31st in run defense DVOA last season. They tried to shore some of that up by signing Lotulelei and drafting Edmunds and Phillips but I'll be cautiously optimistic for now.

But as rushing offense and rushing defense correlate very little with winning games, I don't worry about it too much. 

Edited by Theshallowcross

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

With the Chargers in Week 2 and Minnesota in Week 3, we're going to find out right away just how bad this line is.

The losses of Incognito, Wood and Glenn are nothing to sneeze at.

Or how good it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

With the Chargers in Week 2 and Minnesota in Week 3, we're going to find out right away just how bad this line is.

Glenn didn’t play last year

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Minnesota makes everyone’s offensive line look irrelevant 

For as good as Wood was for us over the years, he was absolutely declining.  I’m pulling for Groy at C, but if Bodine wins it, so be it.  

Im excited to see Dawkins progression at LT and Miller looks like a monster physically at RG.  Hopefully he regains his form as we switch back to the scheme he was drafted for.  

Ducasse and Mills are the weak spots, but very few OL’s in the NFL don’t have weak spots.  

Reasons for optimism:

Perhaps these guys perform better in our new scheme? 

Did Tyrod make them look better last year with his escape ability OR will having a quarterback who doesn’t miss his 1st/2nd reads because they aren’t open by 10 yards make them look better? 

Edited by SCBills

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

A beautiful night in Orchard Park, and football is back at THE RALPH!

Running game looking strong... the OLine is powerful in the run game and all the backs are looking nice and quick

some really big runs for some backups today and I like the way they are from fighting for every yard!

Should have a nice bounce back year in The run game 

(Even Mccarron had a nice scramble.. He is quicker than I thought... Allen ripped off a 20+ yard run that he finished all the way to the house tho he probably is stopped well short in real game)

In this league you run the ball to set-up the loss,  everyone knows this is a passing league.  Ground and pound is for losers ,  time to move on from CAVEMAN football and sling it.

Is it strong cause Derm let up off the D or is it strong cause the run game is good???

Seems like whenever Derm wants to applied more pressure the offense has a hard time

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Or how good the line is.....Why start at bad and see how bad.....

optimism-pessimism.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4