Patriots Sign Eric Decker to a 1-Year Deal - Announces His Retirement

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

It’s not 2011 anymore.... there’s a reason Decker has been a free agent for so long.  Don’t expect anything crazy from him, though bring with the GOAT is not going to hurt

He had 1,000 yards and 12 tds in 2015.  I think he’s on the downside of his career but it’s not a bad kick the tires move for the stupid Pats.  Mariota was awful last year.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He had 1,000 yards and 12 tds in 2015.  I think he’s on the downside of his career but it’s not a bad kick the tires move for the stupid Pats.  Mariota was awful last year.  

I agree...signing him is worth a shot....but the way people here are carrying on they are making it out like this is a big time signing.  NE is getting a player on the downside of his career

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Might be a resurgence for him. 

Stupidest career move ever to leave that team in Denver and chase money. Could have done much better and won the SB if he had stayed. 

Championships are nice, but I’m sure most guys would prefer to have the life of LeBron. James gets to chase titles and money simultaneously. Most athletes aren’t given that choice. More often than not, money takes precedence over championships. Going to the Pats would give him a chance at a Super Bowl ring, but I think his best days are behind him. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

1-3, 2-2 would have been heaven.  0-4 ow! still hurts after all these years.

I actually thought we were were going to win when we were up 13-6 after halftime and driving down the field against the Cowboys.

I...

I...actually thought we were going to win.

• Like (+1) 2

old and slow... not too worried. Who stretches the field for New England?

I know TB is not a deep ball gambler, but really, facing a team with any speed on defense, who gets chunk plays?

I think this led to NE losing the SB last year. I don't see much chunk play ability outside of Gronk and maybe White.

Maybe Sony Michael helps as an RB threat, but his knees are a legitimate concern is relied on too heavily. Then again NE plays a platoon at RB.

8 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

old and slow... not too worried. Who stretches the field for New England?

I know TB is not a deep ball gambler, but really, facing a team with any speed on defense, who gets chunk plays?

I think this led to NE losing the SB last year. I don't see much chunk play ability outside of Gronk and maybe White.

Maybe Sony Michael helps as an RB threat, but his knees are a legitimate concern is relied on too heavily. Then again NE plays a platoon at RB.

They set the record for the most passing plays over 20 yards in a Super Bowl.  Unless Tom Brady's arm finally dies, I think they'll be fine.

I doubt Belichick is very happy about this:

Julian Edelman (knee) said he doesn't have his "camp legs" yet.

"I don't have my camp legs, I don't have football legs and it's evident out there," said the veteran slot receiver. "I wasn't as good as I want to be today and feeling that's because I'm not in the best shape right now." Edelman went on to describe the first eight days of camp as a "grind," while noting he's developed some "bad habits." The 32-year-old obviously has some rust to shake off after missing all of last season with a torn ACL. Edelman won't be eligible to return until Week 5 while he serves a four-game suspension for violating the league's PED policy.

Source: ESPN.com 

Aug 3 - 4:59 PM

Will he be a Welker reincarnation? We shall see.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:04 PM, whatdrought said:

Might be a resurgence for him. 

Stupidest career move ever to leave that team in Denver and chase money. Could have done much better and won the SB if he had stayed. 

Who cares. If he’s a richer man for what he did, all the power to him. Money > Super Bowl all day I say. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Patriots’ website refers to Decker as “far from a lock to make the roster,” and even that may be overstating it: The reality is, it would probably take an injury to at least one receiver ahead of him on the depth chart for Decker to make it. Decker would be a backup receiver at best, and backup receivers are usually expected to contribute more on special teams than Decker does.

After averaging a career-low 10.4 yards per catch last year in Tennessee, the 31-year-old Decker is looking like he’s lost a step. Maybe more than one step.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Patriots Sign Eric Decker to a 1-Year Deal - Struggling to Make the Final Roster
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Patriots Sign Eric Decker to a 1-Year Deal - Announced His Retirement
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Patriots Sign Eric Decker to a 1-Year Deal - Announces His Retirement
6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Still have your hot wife Mr. Decker.......

Yes, like a race horse, he is retiring and will be put out to stud, welcome to pregnancy Jessie James Decker