Mahomes Struggling in Camp

H2o

37 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Even so, how many throws did he have on those afternoons?  If he's throwing 60-70 passes in those padded practices, I see no reason to make it a headline/news story.  And I would hardly call that struggling.

That would be a lot in those padded practices. Based on the Bills routine I'd guess maybe 3x 7 on 7 and 3x 11 v 11 at most.  So maximum of 6 drives. Still not sure it is an issue but I would guess more like 20 passes against defenses. 

I think Mahomes is talented an in a good situation - I'd be surprised if he busts.

However - every coach talks about "culture." Culture equals "the way we do things around here" - it's not a concrete thing but it's a compilation of actions and attitudes put together. 

Whether you buy the importance of "culture" or not, I do think that McDermott believes that culture comes first. Tyrod had serious limitations but McDermott/Beane love(d) him as a leader and a competitor. They could live with him in 2018 and they could live with passing on a prospect like Mahomes, not necessarily because of his flaws, but because they didn't want to bring a prospect into an unestablished culture. So they got a great player in Tre White, and the ammo to get their guy in 2018.

Allen is entering into a situation where "the way we do things around here" is already established and I'm convinced that is hugely important to this regime.

49 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Josh Allen is also struggling, with the 3rd team offense

why are people making fun of other QB's when our own 1st round QB is barely outplaying Nathan Peterman. 

do you know SoTier?

1 hour ago, Yeezus said:

why are people making fun of other QB's when our own 1st round QB is barely outplaying Nathan Peterman. 

He is??  I've followed along all of the twitter compilations from every practice thus far (albeit it WAS just reading what others observed) and it would appear that most indications are that, while Josh makes mistakes here and there, he also attempts and makes throws the other 2 QB's either can't or simply won't make.  Based on what I've read from Bills Training Camp is that Josh is ahead of schedule (compared to the post-draft projections on him needing a lot of time to develop).

I would think the reason people are "making fun of other QB's" has to do with the praise heaped on Mahomes without ever having produced anything in the NFL, while many decried Allen a bust...also without ever having produced anything in the NFL.  My guess is that people are having fun with the fact that Mahomes has had some struggles even though he was anointed by many to be a star in the making.

Edited by Johnnycage46

1 hour ago, Yeezus said:

I'm pretty sure you, ScottLaw and Straight Huckleback are all the same person. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Nobody really cares what you think

:o   I may not be familiar with yeezus (and for a reason)  but damn bro.    

I only responded here because that post caught my eye ...  

the only time I'm going to worry about Mahomes is when (or if) the Bills play him 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

:o   I may not be familiar with yeezus (and for a reason)  but damn bro.    

I only responded here because that post caught my eye ...  

the only time I'm going to worry about Mahomes is when (or if) the Bills play him 

Yeezus is a troll shady......just posts random #$*$ to see what sticks to the wall.

I mean it wasnt worth the key strokes to even respond to his drivel probably should not have done it

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeezus is a troll shady......just posts random #$*$ to see what sticks to the wall.

I mean it wasnt worth the key strokes to even respond to his drivel probably should not have done it

that my friend is why  I am not familiar with him.   I see certain names and I skim right over their posts