Bills' 2018 Training Camp Day 3 - First Day in Pads

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Sounds like this one wasn't his fault. 

KB has to get used to a QB who actually trusts him to go up and get it and doesn’t throw it 5 feet over his head if there is a defender within 5 yards.

sounds like Allen is showing serious moxie today???

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I’d like to see more video on Reilly...

I keep saying, Holmes and Kerley are NOT locks... those guys have had their chances on multiple teams to make plays. Are either one of them separating themselves from...Reilly, Foster, Proehl, Streater???

Holmes disappeared in games, so does Kerley. I’m pulling for Reilly and Foster. Proehl too!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I keep saying, Holmes and Kerley are NOT locks... those guys have had their chances on multiple teams to make plays. Are either one of them separating themselves from...Reilly, Foster, Proehl, Streater???

Holmes disappeared in games, so does Kerley. I’m pulling for Reilly and Foster. Proehl too!

It's highly likely that Kerley will be in the slot for week 1 in Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Went to camp.  Peterman might not make the roster.  Not impressed at all.  AJM was good early but struggled in 11-on-11.  I thought Allen was impressive and he drew the most applause.  As for the INT's, as was said, the 2nd was on KB, which was disappointing, but on the 1st INT, it looked like the DB didn't come down with it in-bounds and Allen was about to get hit from his blindside. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Went to camp.  Peterman might not make the roster.  Not impressed at all.  AJM was good early but struggled in 11-on-11.  I thought Allen was impressive and he drew the most applause.  As for the INT's, as was said, the 2nd was on KB, which was disappointing, but on the 1st INT, it looked like the DB didn't come down with it in-bounds and Allen was about to get hit from his blindside. 

What did you see with the young WR's and is the OL looking any better then advertised?

9 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I felt Holmes was meh last year too

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

What did you see with the young WR's and is the OL looking any better then advertised?

They seemed decent but I consider these to be just practices so I didn't put much stock in them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m really liking what I’m hearing and seeing from Daboll’s offense.

Also loving that Allen had a good day today.

I will need to call a doctor if this erection lasts longer than 4 hours.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s run with the 1’s since he has gotten to Buffalo and supposedly played well to this point.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s run with the 1’s since he has gotten to Buffalo and supposedly played well to this point.

I’m just asking... cause I have heard nothing about him. Zero. Holmes either. I hear or Reilly, getting reps with the 1s and making plays, Streater on day one, Foster has been steady, looking good.

Nothing on Holmes and Kerley other than, reps with the 1s. Maybe they are making plays but it’s expected of those guys. But then again I hear KB is looking good.

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I felt Holmes was meh last year too

Exactly we keep meh and Kerley meh, and a team like New England swoops on Reilly or Proehl... 

Maybe I just not sold on Vets who understands the game but are maxed out, lost a step or just not gamers vs. Young guys with fire and have potential.

Put it this way... I’d be more upset if Reilly got took by thePats vs Holmes.

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Exactly we keep meh and Kerley meh, and a team like New England swoops on Reilly or Proehl... 

Maybe I just not sold on Vets who understands the game but are maxed out, lost a step or just not gamers vs. Young guys with fire and have potential.

Put it this way... I’d be more upset if Reilly got took by thePats vs Holmes.

Building the offense?  Then go young... IMHO. Agree'd

6 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Building the offense?  Then go young... IMHO. Agree'd

Call me negative Nancy... but I just think we will get to the games and Holmes and Kerley disappear. They just don’t do anything for me.

My 6 are...

KB

Jones

Streater

Reilly

Proehl

Foster/McCloud

Slot- Jones/Proehl.   Even hearing of KB in slot. Don’t need Kerley. 

Oppisite KB, Jones/Streater/Reilly 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Call me negative Nancy... but I just think we will get to the games and Holmes and Kerley disappear. They just don’t do anything for me.

We agree. BTW, is that screen name taken?

Edited by fansince88

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

...if he's that marginal, could be a PS candidate.....a PS poacher would have to add him to their active 53 which could be quite the reach......

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

My 6 are...

KB

Jones

Streater

Reilly

Proehl

Foster/McCloud

i like to think McCloud makes it over streater

8 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

My 6 are...

KB

Jones

Streater

Reilly

Proehl

Foster/McCloud

No way they go with a receiving corps with such little experience.  Proehl is more likely to be on the PS.

1 minute ago, WMDman said:

i like to think McCloud makes it over streater

As return man maybe.... but hearing how they are moving KB in the slot on formations etc, I’d expect the same from Jones. If Kerley is a “lock”, they may need more guys who can split out as well. If McCloud makes it, it will be because of STs

10 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

My 6 are...

KB

Jones

Streater

Reilly

Proehl

Foster/McCloud

Kerley adds speed to our team. He is our only receiver with speed and experience. And he is productive. We need someone with productivity. A guy like Kerley could be a huge factor for a young QB like Allen to be his safety blanket.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No way they go with a receiving corps with such little experience.  Proehl is more likely to be on the PS.

No doubt it is young....

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Kerley adds speed to our team. He is our only receiver with speed and experience. And he is productive. We need someone with productivity. A guy like Kerley could be a huge factor for a young QB like Allen to be his safety blanket.

How’s he look so far at TC?

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Kb in the slot is pretty interesting. He could wreak havoc over the middle ala marques colston

What i like about daboll so far is he seems to have the understanding of how to use people. 

Yeah i think daboll is going all on gameplan. If we play a team that mostly plays man with a smaller nickel, there would be an advantage with KB in slot.

Preaching versatility out of all positions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

No doubt it is young....

How’s he look so far at TC?

I haven't heard much about Kerley but from what I have heard that he will be an underrated addition and will be an important piece to our offense and his role is bigger than what was expected. Wouldn't surprise me if we put him in as a Flanker. He has the speed for it.

18 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

My 6 are...

KB

Jones

Streater

Reilly

Proehl

Foster/McCloud

If we're going young, then 30-year-old journeyman Streater does nothing for me.

Also, you left out Dupre, who is getting lots of first team reps and impressing.

For me:

Benjamin
Zay
Kerley
Reilly
Dupre
Foster
Ray Ray

Proehl to practice squad.

If they only keep 6 WRs, then drop Kerley.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I actually think that Kerley is more likely to make it than Zay at this point. I think that they both make it but if I were to rank the likliehood to make the team it would look something like this:

Benajmin - 98% chance (freak injury or off the field incident it the only way he doesn’t).

Kerley - 90%

Zay - 80%

Holmes - 65%

Dupre - 65%

Reilly - 60%

Streater - 60%

McCloud - 60%

Foster - 50%

Proehl - 30% (likely PS)

Clay - 30% (needs to win return duties)

Anyone else  - 10%

5 minutes ago, Brian3488 said:

Yeah i think daboll is going all on gameplan. If we play a team that mostly plays man with a smaller nickel, there would be an advantage with KB in slot.

Preaching versatility out of all positions.

Yeah but even if they run zone he go can go right down the seam especially in redzone. Clay and him could make a big problem for defenses if they use him that way in different looks

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure why, but it did not appear as if Hauschke practiced in any of the team stuff.  I saw him on the sidelines helmet in hand, but I don't think he did anything other than stand there.  Anybody else notice?

Edited by Irv