Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Only one issue. He wanted UB to give his younger brother a football scholarship. They balked but then gave in. LeDarius Mack will wear Khalil's #52 this year.

I may be off but I kind of remember Tim Graham going out to Oakland to do a story on him and he wouldn't even talk to him...............And, then he wouldn't even acknowledge the city of Buffalo for awhile.............It seemed deeper than just his brother.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Good call man.

I actually was thinking about including oline but I couldn't remember how much they make so I didn't include them :)

No worries. It does no detriment to your point. It is all about your quarterback. If you have a guy who keeps him upright then that guy gets paid too. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Commonsense said:

How did a kid from Fort Pierce end up going to UB? Florida to Buffalo? Insanity.

He didn't start playing football until his sophomore or junior year of high school so he wasn't on any major college recruiter's radar. UB and maybe one or two other schools were the only ones to offer him coming out of high school. I believe he chose UB because they were Division I.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
33 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If Mack is definitely content to sit out, the raiders would be stupid not to get something for him.

The thing is it might be one of the few situations where a player like Mack, at the beginning of his prime could be traded.  A team with a new big time coach who is the face of the franchise more than anyone else and wants to do things his way.  I could see Gruden being the type of guy that would rather deal Mack for a haul and use those picks to bolster his offense and relieve himself of an ongoing conflict with the team's best player.  Also the Raiders are moving to Vegas next year and the usual vitriol you would get from the fans by trading away a player like Mack would likely not be as big a factor.  Oakland fans are losing their team so why would they care and Vegas is gaining and NFL team so it is all gravy for them anyways.  

If there is even a slight chance Mack is on the block the Bills would have to be all over this.  The post about the Bills possibly having an elite defense I don't think is that far off.  Although I think we would really need a player like Mack to take us to that level, comparable to the 15-16 Broncos.  If Edmunds pans out, with and elite secondary, adding Mack into the mix could definitely take this defense to an elite level that could possibly be the class of the NFL.  I really hoope Beane is reaching out to Gruden.  I would start with the Bills 1st in 2019, dangle that in front of Gruden and see how he responds.  I would be willing to give up the 2019 and 2020 firsts, plus another significant piece or two.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

25 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The thing is it might be one of the few situations where a player like Mack, at the beginning of his prime could be traded.  A team with a new big time coach who is the face of the franchise more than anyone else and wants to do things his way.  I could see Gruden being the type of guy that would rather deal Mack for a haul and use those picks to bolster his offense and relieve himself of an ongoing conflict with the team's best player.  Also the Raiders are moving to Vegas next year and the usual vitriol you would get from the fans by trading away a player like Mack would likely not be as big a factor.  Oakland fans are losing their team so why would they care and Vegas is gaining and NFL team so it is all gravy for them anyways.  

If there is even a slight chance Mack is on the block the Bills would have to be all over this.  The post about the Bills possibly having an elite defense I don't think is that far off.  Although I think we would really need a player like Mack to take us to that level, comparable to the 15-16 Broncos.  If Edmunds pans out, with and elite secondary, adding Mack into the mix could definitely take this defense to an elite level that could possibly be the class of the NFL.  I really hoope Beane is reaching out to Gruden.  I would start with the Bills 1st in 2019, dangle that in front of Gruden and see how he responds.  I would be willing to give up the 2019 and 2020 firsts, plus another significant piece or two.

I do thank God that you don't make personnel decisions for this team.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Bigger than Mario Williams? Interesting...

Yes bigger than Mario...hes already a better player than Mario ever was at his peak.  

NOTE:  There is 0% possibility he is a Bill, Raiders aren't going to let him get away...but just commenting he would be a bigger grab than Mario.  Mario felt bigger because guys like Mario didnt normally say yes to Buffalo during that era.  But Mack is the better player already, and still getting better.  Mario underachieved, then got very good then quickly declined.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes bigger than Mario...hes already a better player than Mario ever was at his peak.  

NOTE:  There is 0% possibility he is a Bill, Raiders aren't going to let him get away...but just commenting he would be a bigger grab than Mario.  Mario felt bigger because guys like Mario didnt normally say yes to Buffalo during that era.  But Mack is the better player already, and still getting better.  Mario underachieved, then got very good then quickly declined.  

Explain how there is 0% chance they'd let him get away?

He's an UFA after this season.

He can do whatever he wants after this year.

If they feel he's definitely going to walk then they are definitely going to accept offers.

Is it likely he will get traded? No.

Is it likely he doesn't come back after this year? Yes.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

If they feel he's definitely going to walk then they are definitely going to accept offers.

Franchise Tag says "hello"  

31 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

1.  I was referencing this year in reference to some comments about trying to get him now since he's not reporting.

2.  Even next year, there is a franchise tag.  So even though I wasn't referencing next year, I will say the odds are still very close to 0%, if not 0%, that Mack doesn't stay a Raider next year.  He is by far their best player on the entire roster and arguably going to be one the of the 5 best defensive players in the NFL for a long time assuming health.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Given that he will be an UFA after this season, there is a great chance they ship him out before losing him for nothing after the season if he's really that disgruntled with the organization. To not have spoken to the new HC after seven months is the definition of disgruntled. I would think our 2019 #1 might be an attractive offer given how everyone and their mother has us picking at or near the top of the draft next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Franchise Tag says "hello"  

That works so well for players who want to leave.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Given that he will be an UFA after this season, there is a great chance they ship him out before losing him for nothing after the season if he's really that disgruntled with the organization. To not have spoken to the new HC after seven months is the definition of disgruntled. I would think our 2019 #1 might be an attractive offer given how everyone and their mother has us picking at or near the top of the draft next year. 

I agree with you.