Bills stadium plans remain unclear

Niagara Falls is an awful idea, as has been hashed over dozens of times and even shot down by the Engineers' study.  Not to mention the local government that makes Erie/Buffalo look efficient and forward thinking.  The Niagara County population base and infrastructure also isn't equipped to handle costs and emergency personnel, etc.  Traffic, the unnecessary and strange fantasy that somehow NF tourist foot traffic will add to football attendance and ticket sales.  It would just take up space and add parking lots.  Fans would also need to breathe in the noxious soup spewed from chemical plants, landfills, and the garbage burn-plant.

It makes most sense for all parties to either perform a huge renovation on New Era Field, or build new on an adjacent lot.  At the very least, any significant build should include a roof, even if it is not enclosed.  It would be nice to limit wind and protect from the direct rain at the very least.  

The infrastructure is there.  The space is there.  

Downtown makes sense, but the amount of land acquisition, demolition, infrastructure demands would add a lot (like double) of cost to an already expensive project of design/construction of the building itself.  There are also a lot of traffic concerns and it can be/is a nightmare even for Sabres games.  We are also talking a very limited number of dates/year so the foot traffic wont support local business to make it worthwhile (we arent getting a lot of events no matter what the facility, most listed are 1-off and/or a fantasy).

Edited by May Day 10

Unlike the original title suggests I'm betting the Bills stadium plans are perfectly clear by now. To them. They've had plenty of time and I bet know what they want to do. Implementing those plans is what is likely starting to churn now. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They did have repairs done but it was reported those are only temporary fixes. Eventually they will have to come down if you are going to retrofit. At least the lower bowl is solid.

I thought what would make a retrofit difficult to do is that it would be very difficult to widen the narrow concourses? And I thought that a full throttle retrofit would be a very costly endeavor and making it smarter to use that large chunk of money to build a new facility? 

On 7/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Image result for mark with a k starbucks

Come on, man.  This is just plain the post of the day.

Amusing is good.

Funny is better.

I laughed out loud.

EDIT:  Sorry, the post of yesterday. 

I've been busy.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m sitting in the Orlando Airport. If you think Disney World is here, you’ve not visited. WNY has to start thinking more regionally. The rest of the country thinks Niagara Falls is in the Buffalo area....they show it during every telecast!

So, where.

And Disney World is an awful analogy.

Awful.

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

that would be awesome, and very easy logistically for all the fans to get there!!!

...and if the toilets back up, well, no biggie. 

There’s a giant flush to take care of it! 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

...and if the toilets back up, well, no biggie. 

There’s a giant flush to take care of it! 

And the NF water board would be quick to say hey that discharge didn't come from us.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:19 AM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Im pretty sure the upper decks were all re done or at least worked on this summer/currently

I believe the upper decks were worked on last year. I guess it's not so strange that wgrz (pro downtown stadium) has not done a story on all the work done this year at NEF. Restoning one of the lots, new roof on the west end clubs, I believe up grading the ribbon board, club remodeling, remodeling in administration building and concession building, stripping and resealing upper south side of practice  barn, and in each parking lot multiple WIFI antenna install. 

• Like (+1) 1