[Vague Title] It continues... Josh Allen...

Scorp83

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

In college we once used a piece of a pizza box to “roll” up some weed, we all got very sick. I’m not sure if pastrami will work but definitely don’t use a pizza box. I’d go with the bacon. 

oh the irony with your name

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

He played pretty well at the Senior Bowl.  He ended 9-13 for 150 yards, 19 yards rushing, with 2 TD passes.  Not too shabby.  Baker Mayfield, on the same team, (the North) looked abysmal.  Mayfield went 3-7 for 9 yards with -4 yards rushing.  My memory is that Mayifled left the game after only a few series, because of some family issue.  So Mayfield definitely had an excuse for not being able to perform.  Tanner Lee (6th round QB to Jax) also was on the North and didn't perform too well

If the Senior Bowl performance translates great. But I think it is a game you shouldn't read too much into. No blitzing, only 4 man rushes etc. 

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I accepted the fact that he'll never be a franchise QB before the Bills even drafted him. 

Just gonna enjoy the ride.

This what I dont understand. A ton of college QB's that had great numbers didnt do much in the NFL. Playing QB is more than stats alone. For a QB to be successful it takes the right combo of system, coaching, and talent around him. How does anyone know what kind of QB he will be even before he gets drafted?? 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Josh Allen is my internal conflict. 

The Bills fan in me wants him to succed. But that also empowers the old school thinking. 

The Analytics and new way to look at talent fan in me wants him to fail, because success will be the old school thinkers Mountain and well what about case. 

Now that said. Go Allen be great. 

Or it could be that football analytics is still evolving and it misses sometimes. Just like pretty much every other industry that uses data analytics. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Think the 4th of those is opinion.  His 2016 tape is better (not a lot, but better) than his 2017 tape.  

Yeah, I agree it's an opinion, but it's based on fact.    His trajectory is

1. Out of high school no D-1 team wanted him, so he went to Jr. College

2.  Then a D-1 school wanted him, so that's upward.

3.  Going into his first year starting, he wasn't on many people's NFL radar.

4.  After his first year starting, he WAS on the NFL radar, so that's upward.

5.   After his second year starting he was clearly in the top 4 QBs coming out, so that's upward.

6.  Good Senior Bowl (yes, that's a small sample, but it's something), so that's upward. 

He's also had lower level coaching than most high-profile QBs.   He was in a tiny high school, a junior college and a backwater D-1 school.  Compare that to the other three - highly touted out of high school, no doubt going to big-time QB clinics and showcases, then multi-year experience at big-time football factories - Oklahoma. USC and UCLA.   I think it's a good bet that Allen is less well-developed, technically, than any of the other three, so he has more room to grow, which also suggests that he's trending upward.  

Still, none of it means anything.   Let's see what he looks like on an NFL playing field.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Ill admit I thought we drafted the wrong Josh at first.  But the more I thought about it I definitely came around.  Im sure ill get torched for this but, Rosen seems too mentally soft to handle buffalo, the weather, lifestyle around here.  Plus his dads a spinal surgeon and hes had 2 concussions, how much does he really want it?

This might all mean jack, but Allen was baling hay in high school trying to get a shot.  No Manning camps, coaches, or pros to guide him. Ill take his grind, plus McBeanes guidance over whatever Rosen would have been.

Didn’t Allen miss more games in college due to injury than Rosen?

And why do people bring up his dad’s profession as some sort of negative against him? If he’s that well off that he can just walk away at any point tell you how bad he wants it since he’s actually putting in the work to try and be great?

As a almost lifetime resident of Wyoming, I'm one of the lucky few who have seen Josh Allen play in person.  Will he be a bust?  Maybe, but don't bet against him.  Allen has dealt with non-believers his entire football career.  He wasn't coddled, he wasn't given special treatment.  Hell, he had to play football at Wyoming because no one else was interested.  The Buffalo Bills drafted a tough, athletic, intelligent football player with a giant chip on his shoulder and an intense drive to prove the doubters wrong.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Whatever gets the clicks, at this point in the season. I need to start an NFL website and just constantly write speculative articles which presume wild theories in order to make erroneous conclusions.

Just now, billmon06 said:

As a almost lifetime resident of Wyoming, I'm one of the lucky few who have seen Josh Allen play in person.  Will he be a bust?  Maybe, but don't bet against him.  Allen has dealt with non-believers his entire football career.  He wasn't coddled, he wasn't given special treatment.  Hell, he had to play football at Wyoming because no one else was interested.  The Buffalo Bills drafted a tough, athletic, intelligent football player with a giant chip on his shoulder and an intense drive to prove the doubters wrong.  

...thanks for sharing bud......now don your Kevlar vest 'cause the TBD critics are mobilizing....SMH.......stuff can't be true.............

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billmon06 said:

Nice 1st post billmon06

• Like (+1) 1