LeSean McCoy allegations

2 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Committed and reported with no evidence.  There's nothing to pursue legally without a minimum of some facts.  Money changing hands, etc.  To get a conviction, police would need to catch the guy that did it and have a direct connection to McCoy.  At this point, that seems highly unlikely.  If evidence were actually building, my opinion could be different.

Thus the investigation in pursuit of any evidence.  Should none be discovered, the criminal case goes away. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He can't be suspended.  She made an allegation.  It's now up to the police to find a link between the incident and Shady.  The NFL will probably investigate and make sure Shady didn't pay her off so he can avoid legal entanglements.

I don't think the league cares if the player pays to make his problems go away

See Hardy, Greg

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s not wrongful termination. It’s a suspension the CBA allows as part of the process, and both sides agreed to it. 

Maybe.  But McCoy's side would have nothing to loose by bringing suit and arguing otherwise.     The justice system is crap shoot, particularly on the civil side...

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think the league cares if the player pays to make his problems go away

See Hardy, Greg

Oh, I know.  And that's been my point.  Goodell/the NFL will investigate and take things like payoffs into account when meting-out suspensions. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thus the investigation in pursuit of any evidence.  Should none be discovered, the criminal case goes away. 

This was what I was never clear on. If he was actually under a criminal investigation as a suspect to the crime. I figured it could be happening but never had 100% confirmation. 

If he is under investigation then it probably would take some time to link him if he was involved. I think the missing link is finding the guy who beat her up and stole the jewelery.

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

The CBA doesn't supersede labor law related to wrongful termination.    Or civil law related to loss of employment and damage to reputation.     

Whether the NFL would ultimately prevail in such suits is really secondary.   A long, drawn out civil action would generate a lot of negative PR for a group of owners who are already skittish over the kneeling issue.    They would much rather make this go away quietly...   

Wrongful termination? In the NFL?

????

Sorry, but when a CBA is agreed upon between an employer and a Union, especially language that is crystal clear, no court is going to step in the way.

If the NFL was violating the NFLPA’s rights, it would have ended up in court in the past few years.

Guess what? The only case that did was Brady’s and guess who won?

You simply don’t understand what collective bargaining means.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

Committed and reported with no evidence.  There's nothing to pursue legally without a minimum of some facts.  Money changing hands, etc.  To get a conviction, police would need to catch the guy that did it and have a direct connection to McCoy.  At this point, that seems highly unlikely.  If evidence were actually building, my opinion could be different.

Of course there is evidence of a crime. The woman’s face is pretty convincing evidence that some sort of assault happened. 

And how do you know that police aren’t “building” evidence? Just because they didn’t update you? Counselor please.

3 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Of course there is evidence of a crime. The woman’s face is pretty convincing evidence that some sort of assault happened. 

And how do you know that police aren’t “building” evidence? Just because they didn’t update you? Counselor please.

Hey Einstein.  Evidence against McCoy.  There is nothing.  His attorney has said there's nothing.  McCoy has said there's nothing.  You fabricating stuff doesn't create facts or evidence.  Try reading a newspaper (electronic or otherwise) .

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language

Again that the ex and her attorney had to hit the talk shows a week-and-a-half after the incident tells me that there has been nothing discovered against Shady.  Otherwise they'd lay low and bide their time, waiting for the criminal case to be made against him.

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again that the ex and her attorney had to hit the talk shows a week-and-a-half after the incident tells me that there has been nothing discovered against Shady.  Otherwise they'd lay low and bide their time, waiting for the criminal case to be made against him.

Yup. Next step on the desperation trail would be to hire Gloria Allred.

3 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

Hey Einstein.  Evidence against McCoy.  There is nothing.  His attorney has said there's nothing.  McCoy has said there's nothing.  You fabricating stuff based on your lame brain thoughts doesn't create facts or evidence.  Try reading a newspaper (electronic or otherwise) instead of sleeping under one.

You’re assuming there is no evidence against him because no evidence has been made public, yet. You’re allowed to make that assumption, but it doesn’t mean the same as what you’re saying.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Augie said:

The NFL has every advantage even if they get to court because the players negotiated away their rights in return for dollars. The next CBA battle should be one for the ages! 

I am not an attorney, but I don't believe anyone can truly give away their rights.  If there is a law the court deems to be violated that violation will supersede any signed agreement.  Can the lawyers among us clarify?

57 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I am not an attorney, but I don't believe anyone can truly give away their rights.  If there is a law the court deems to be violated that violation will supersede any signed agreement.  Can the lawyers among us clarify?

Not a lawyer either, but I'd say it depends upon the 'rights' in question. 

In the case of NFL players, they (through their union) all signed on to this collective bargaining agreement which gives very broad disciplinary powers to the commissioner.

They haven't given away fundamental human rights, but the law seems to allow employers broad latitude with regard to imposing conditions on the employment (restricting the employees from talking to the press is pretty common, for example - or in the case of the NFL, requiring them to talk to the press etc etc.)

3 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

Hey Einstein.  Evidence against McCoy.  There is nothing.  His attorney has said there's nothing.  McCoy has said there's nothing.  You fabricating stuff doesn't create facts or evidence.  Try reading a newspaper (electronic or otherwise) .

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You’re assuming there is no evidence against him because no evidence has been made public, yet. You’re allowed to make that assumption, but it doesn’t mean the same as what you’re saying.

What would we expect McCoy and his lawyer to say at this junction?  I wasn't there, the allegations are baseless.   That's kind of SOP, don't you think?

I agree the public does not know whether or not there is evidence at this point.  The police who are investigating the crime have no obligation to disclose whether they've discovered anything, or what they've discovered, either to McCoy or his attorney or to us.

The fact that the woman's lawyer is hitting the talk show circuit to puff up public interest might imply that the police investigation isn't turning up too much, but that's only an implication.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Lurker said:

The CBA doesn't supersede labor law related to wrongful termination.    Or civil law related to loss of employment and damage to reputation.     

Whether the NFL would ultimately prevail in such suits is really secondary.   A long, drawn out civil action would generate a lot of negative PR for a group of owners who are already skittish over the kneeling issue.    They would much rather make this go away quietly...   

It's suspension, not wrongful termination.

NFL players are released "without cause" all the time.  When do they go to court after getting cut?

The courts have no sympathy for players wishing they had signed a more favorable CBA.

The owners are now "skittish" about the kneeling??  The owner of the Dolphins is floating 4 game suspensions for his players who kneel!

10 hours ago, purple haze said:

Review the court's handling of the Zeke Elliot suspension.

"rights" weren't taken away from players, but many things you might disagree with were willfully and unanimously bargained away by the players in the CBA.  It's the conditions they bargained for and agreed to.  They don't have much recourse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's suspension, not wrongful termination.

NFL players are released "without cause" all the time.  When do they go to court after getting cut?

The courts have no sympathy for players wishing they had signed a more favorable CBA.

The owners are now "skittish" about the kneeling??  The owner of the Dolphins is floating 4 game suspensions for his players who kneel!

Review the court's handling of the Zeke Elliot suspension.

"rights" weren't taken away from players, but many things you might disagree with were willfully and unanimously bargained away by the players in the CBA.  It's the conditions they bargained for and agreed to.  They don't have much recourse.

I'd say a drastic measure like that shows the Dolphins are skittish, at least.

Decent article on this (link on the newsfeed here)

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2018/07/21/lesean-mccoy-news-girlfriend-delicia-cordon-buffalo-bills-nfl-suspended-pegula-beane-mcdermott/808068002/

That’s why when McDermott and Beane meet with the media for the first time in camp on Thursday, and they are asked about McCoy, predicting their response is as easy as predicting a 1,000-yard season for the Pro Bowl running back.

“We’re letting the investigation play out,’’ McBeane will say. “We respect the legal process. We’ll see where this goes.’’

That’s how it should be. Everyone else can play amateur detective and crime novel writer.

But the Bills, players’ union and the league can't afford to do that, and are right to take a wait-and-see posture.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd say a drastic measure like that shows the Dolphins are skittish, at least.

Doubling down on punishment in the face of public outcry is "skittish" of bad PR?

Good one, doc.  That's another very Trumpian explanation of reality.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Decent article on this (link on the newsfeed here)

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2018/07/21/lesean-mccoy-news-girlfriend-delicia-cordon-buffalo-bills-nfl-suspended-pegula-beane-mcdermott/808068002/

That’s why when McDermott and Beane meet with the media for the first time in camp on Thursday, and they are asked about McCoy, predicting their response is as easy as predicting a 1,000-yard season for the Pro Bowl running back.

“We’re letting the investigation play out,’’ McBeane will say. “We respect the legal process. We’ll see where this goes.’’

That’s how it should be. Everyone else can play amateur detective and crime novel writer.

But the Bills, players’ union and the league can't afford to do that, and are right to take a wait-and-see posture.

Ok I think he's just messing with us there!

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Doubling down on punishment in the face of public outcry is "skittish" of bad PR?

Good one, doc.  That's another very Trumpian explanation of reality.

Why else would they do it?  Come on,  even you in your "reality" know the answer.

15 hours ago, Lfod said:

This was what I was never clear on. If he was actually under a criminal investigation as a suspect to the crime. I figured it could be happening but never had 100% confirmation. 

If he is under investigation then it probably would take some time to link him if he was involved. I think the missing link is finding the guy who beat her up and stole the jewelery.

Not exactly going out on a limb there. Of course the missing link between he and the incident would be the actual person that did this, IF McCoy is involved. 

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why else would they do it?  Come on,  even you in your "reality" know the answer.

They would court even more public scorn...because they are skittish about public scorn?

Wouldn't logic dictate that they would do the opposite?

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

They would court even more public scorn...because they are skittish about public scorn?

Wouldn't logic dictate that they would do the opposite?

They're more concerned with players kneeling right now because that's what they've seen.  So they've instituted extreme measures.  They'll deal with the possibly PR fallout from that later.

Just now, Doc said:

They're more concerned with players kneeling right now because that's what they've seen.  So they've instituted extreme measures.  They'll deal with the possibly PR fallout from that later.

yeah that makes no sense.  and I like the "possible fallout" part.  It's happening right now.  It was just in the papers and everything

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, this is a thread about LeSean McCoy and the allegations against him, if y'all want to discuss current press coverage of the kneeling during anthem, would you mind starting another thread?  Thanks...

Come on.  It's entertainment.

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..Jesus, at this rate, this "HotLanta melodrama" could eclipse Susan Lucci's 41 year run as the "Queen of Soaps"...

It might take some time, but it will likely take about as long as the Philly nightclub incident took, and in the end the result will be the same.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

It might take some time, but it will likely take about as long as the Philly nightclub incident took, and in the end the result will be the same.

...betcha my four cans of Sherwin Williams dry first.....I'm watchin'............

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would think it would take longer, but refresh my memory --- how long did the Philly incident take to resolve?

About 8 weeks.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...opened of course...pretty exciting stuff........:thumbsup:

Yee haw!

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

About 8 weeks.

OK, so the nightclub incident featured some video, beaucoup of witnesses, Shady and his pals admitting they were there and involved, a big city PD, and still took 8 weeks.

DeCordonGate features two women, an AWOL son, and a single home invader in a ski mask, and a smaller town PD (which might be more resources/case if it's a peaceful area, nothing else to do).

I'm gonna say at least 6 months on this one.