Zay Jones Had Knee Surgery and is Out for the Spring - Back to Practice without Restrictions

Just now, HappyDays said:

Where did you come up with this?

Just my opinion. But combine results support it

• 40 YARD DASH: 4.45 SEC
  • BENCH PRESS: 15 REPS
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 36.5 INCH
  • BROAD JUMP: 133.0 INCH
  • 3 CONE DRILL: 6.79 SEC
  • 20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.01 SEC
  • 60 YARD SHUTTLE: 11.17 SEC

• 40 YARD DASH: 4.43 SEC
  • BENCH PRESS: 7 REPS
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 38.5 INCH
  • BROAD JUMP: 122.0 INCH
  • 3 CONE DRILL: 6.69 SEC
  • 20 YARD SHUTTLE: 3.94 SEC
  • 60 YARD SHUTTLE: 10.93 SEC

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm higher on Jones than a lot of folks

I think Jones was higher than a lot of folks when he decided to do his "Frank the Tank" imitation.

2960772_o.gif

.....who's to say this wasn't the cause of Zay's ongoing injury ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well the good news is this is an improvement of the last time he was in the news!

i wanted JuJu but I still believe in Zay. But man, it’s a tough start.  Also, I don’t really believe in our ability to scout offensive players.  Very questionable so far.

Particulary skill players WR, RB are big ‘?’s

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

IIRC, one of the things said about him coming out of the draft was that he was the "most NFL ready receiver." That certainly didn't appear to be the case.

True, but that's fine. One of the leading rookie receivers was Cooper Kupp who came from a smaller school and was supposed to take some time getting used to NFL talent. You never know who's going to come out and play well versus who will take a year or two. 

3 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

True, but that's fine. One of the leading rookie receivers was Cooper Kupp who came from a smaller school and was supposed to take some time getting used to NFL talent. You never know who's going to come out and play well versus who will take a year or two. 

I'm certainly not going to call him a "bust." But, if McD is serious about players earning their roster spots, then Zay could be in trouble. 

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

I predict this thread will reach...oh....19 pages.

And you can bet it will all be well-reasoned, thoughtful analysis, too!

By page 4 it'll turn into the Monty Python "Argument" sketch.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Jesus did we have a shot at Juju but drafted Zay instead?  That's Billsy. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker/round/2

we traded up for Zay and took him at 37. JuJu went 62.  Obviously receiver is a dependent position but I think JuJu would shine anywhere.  He’s tough and has a great personality.  

Who on this staff is our offensive guru?

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You just hurt the feelings of Proehl and McCloud.

No one has better backup rbs and slot wrs than us!

i still don’t get why didn’t they take a chance with a guy like St, John from Notre Dame.  His upside is tremendous. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

we traded up for Zay and took him at 37. JuJu went 62.  Obviously receiver is a dependent position but I think JuJu would shine anywhere.  He’s tough and has a great personality.  

i still don’t get why didn’t they take a chance with a guy like St, John from Notre Dame.  His upside is tremendous. 

Well that's fantastic information i wish i didn't know. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

St. Brown would have been an intriguing late round pick. Maybe his unwillingness to play ST was a factor. 

Zay's career is following the Karlos Williams trajectory imo. Started with high hopes, then one setback after another. The drops, the shoulder, the Zay for Jesus and now the knee. Not saying he can't turn it around. However thus many setbacks early typically derail a career before it really begins.