Zay Jones Had Knee Surgery and is Out for the Spring - Back to Practice without Restrictions

4 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I think it is way too early to give up on the kid like many on here are doing.  Rookie WRs have not done well in recent years as it takes them awhile to learn the game.  Jones has good speed and size.  The Bills need him to be good.  

Not giving up on the man.  I really liked the Zay Jones pick and thought he was just what the Bill's needed. 

As of now with the shoulder, knee, offseason hijinks and his drops last year, I'm now starting to have doubts.

He needs to get healthy and start to perform at the level that he was expected to play at.

2 hours ago, Success said:

For the sake of pete, he’s just missing time now - nothing about missing preseason or regular season.

A lot of typical overreaction on this thread.

It's like being on BBMB all over again.

Typical overreaction. 

I will wait til he misses game action and/or the season to call him bust-worthy yet.

People forget that it takes time for WR's to get adjusted to the NFL. In today's "I want it all right now" world, if you aren't great right out the box, you are a bust. 

It doesn't look good for the kid right now, I will give people that, but to throw this kid out to the garbage after one season is just plain stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, WhoTom said:

By page 4 it'll turn into the Monty Python "Argument" sketch.

we can only hope 

7 hours ago, Heitz said:

TC, this is TBD - they guy hasn’t been an All-Pro yet and had to have surgery, time to send him to the glue factory! :beer:

They shoot horses don't they ?

6 hours ago, JackKemp said:

If it is an ongoing problem it probably goes back to when he hyper-extended his knee last year. Doesn't worry me at this point.

A WR needs a QB to be successful. How many of our WRs were stellar with Tyrod at QB?

How many Bills Wrs would be stellar anywhere? None. Not one. zero nada  *

How many QBs are successful with pitiful WRs. Like last season. and maybe this coming season.

*      exception Patriot* All those those all become SB MVPS..

Zay is a unusually major disappointment.

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

we can only hope 

They shoot horses don't they ?

Yes they do. If they shot humans for a broken leg I would have been dead  a few years ago along with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Eric Wood.

6 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

It's probably a cleanup thing but not to his knee.  His head. 

Like a colon cleansing ?

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

It's like being on BBMB all over again.

Typical overreaction. 

I will wait til he misses game action and/or the season to call him bust-worthy yet.

People forget that it takes time for WR's to get adjusted to the NFL. In today's "I want it all right now" world, if you aren't great right out the box, you are a bust. 

It doesn't look good for the kid right now, I will give people that, but to throw this kid out to the garbage after one season is just plain stupid.

so you are saying he might be a bust ?

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

Yes they do. If they shot humans for a broken leg I would have been dead  a few years ago along with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Eric Wood.

and half the rest of us. me included.

and didn't Fred break one as well on that long run so many years ago....

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just pay Dez. Money talks. All things equal, he might not want to go to Buffalo. But offer him 2 years instead of 1 and more money. We need at least 1 WR, even with a healthy Zay.

I agree about lacking a # 1

but i would pick up Kendrick before Dez. Bills Offense is not going to surprise anyone this year with a big passing game

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Had to do the shoulder first

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Had to do the shoulder first

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Those are anvils, not magnets. I think the implication is that he has "heavy hands" and can't catch.

You deflate the ball, not the hands. A magnetic ball would be attracted to the anvils. I was aware of the implications...Never mind....

3 hours ago, Radar said:

Ok but why wait until the end of May for an "on going problem"? Why not surgery four months ago?

I don't know, I'm not him. No telling what's going on that crazy brain of his. Maybe Jesus said to him that this was the appropriate time to have surgery0:)