An end to Anthem protests? [UPDATE - Augmented by new Anthem Policy]

So players can choose to stay in the locker room during the anthem to avoid the NFL fining the team.

Now every time a player isn't on the field standing at attention and raising his arm outward and upward ... oh, wait ... I mean holding his hand over his heart, the attention will be taken off them game and be placed on finding out why said player wasn't on the field.

This is stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

it isn't about that

the NFL is the most controlling professional sports league in the world. there is no freedom. 32 teams all run the same exact way. you step out of line you don't belong. 

NBA has done a 100x better job at marketing towards the youth and a wider range audience. 

The NFL is a private organization who grants their employees complete freedom to conform to the rules of their jobs and make a fortune, or be unemployed. 

Your NBA narrative is an exact replication of every whiny media member who seem to think the world owes everyone something just for being alive.   So, to your point, yes the NBA has done an amazing job of making a commercial out of who their players date and what their players wear off the court, but that's pandering to the TMZ generation, which if you could see past your own nose is not a "wider audience range"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

So players can choose to stay in the locker room during the anthem to avoid the NFL fining the team.

Now every time a player isn't on the field standing at attention and raising his arm outward and upward ... oh, wait ... I mean holding his hand over his heart, the attention will be taken off them game and be placed on finding out why said player wasn't on the field.

This is stupid.

Dame Lillard and those boys have been Nazi saluting this whole time?

Mother!@#$er.  I knew Kristaps Prozingis was bad for the league.

5 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The argument will be that they're trying to suppress their message.

That would be unfortunate imo...the players are being paid to do a job- it is not a place for political statements if their employer feels it is hurting business...the players can protest once they take their uniform off and exit the facility....I would be out of a job if I tried pulling what they are doing.

Edited by JaCrispy

15 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

it isn't about that

the NFL is the most controlling professional sports league in the world. there is no freedom. 32 teams all run the same exact way. you step out of line you don't belong. 

NBA has done a 100x better job at marketing towards the youth and a wider range audience. 

Its not about the youth and basketball is only very  popular in certain demographics 

It will never be more popular than football. I love basketball and haven’t been able to watch in years cus the league sucks

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Good. I'd rather the NFL suppresses all messages, rather than picks and chooses which are worth supporting.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the issues being protested are important issues that we as a society need to discuss. But football has always been my escape from anything political.

I can't speak for others, but the answer to the kneeling thing for me was my DVR.

Fast forward past the need to broadcast that stuff and get to the reason I'm watching the game.

Nice compromise by the NFL. More NFL and less TMZ, please.

So will concession stands and bathrooms be shut so all the fans in the stands have to stand as well? I mean if the players must stand, shouldn't those in attendance as well instead of being in a line to purchase overpriced beer?

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Personally, I couldn’t care less if the players stood, sat, knelt, stop-drop and roll for the anthem.

Just go out and play some ball, man......entertain me and take me away from my dreadful life for 3 hours every Sunday afternoon.

Estates

Chauffeurs 

Leather bound books

Pocari-Sweat, don’t lie to us. 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

So will concession stands and bathrooms be shut so all the fans in the stands have to stand as well? I mean if the players must stand, shouldn't those in attendance as well instead of being in a line to purchase overpriced beer?

Do those in attendance work for the NFL?  

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

When the league starts paying the fans to come, I imagine they will.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I’m pretty sure you stand when your in The concession line... I have never sat.

and I don’t sit at the urinal trough either!

• Haha (+1) 1