DNA test. I’m going to do it

mead107

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

How'd they determine your religious affiliation by testing your DNA???

many on this side of the world who are considered Spanish have Jewish results showing up, from generations fleeing Spain centuries ago

The Jewish claims go further for identify than Royale's very good example...

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

many on this side of the world who are considered Spanish have Jewish results showing up, from generations fleeing Spain centuries ago

The Jewish claims go further for identify than Royale's very good example...

Does that mean '¡Ay, caramba!' evolved from '¡Oy, caramba!'?

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Does that mean '¡Ay, caramba!' evolved from '¡Oy, caramba!'?

It has really gone to the egos of some people who have a lot to be humble about.....

16 hours ago, mead107 said:

My sister had it done.  Lot of English and Scandinavian 

I want  to get it done.  

Have you had it done? 

I thought we may have talked about this before. 

If your sister got it done, what’s the point of you doing it?

15 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Sorry, not interested in voluntarily entering my DNA into massive database

There's a few gaps in my "ancestry".  Mom wasn't close to her side of the family, but I know the basics.  Not much is known about my Dad's mother's part of the family.  But I don't really care

Kinda reminds me of a cousin that tries to get me to join some group of descendants of Mayflower survivors.  But meh, I wasn't on the boat so I don't care

My brother had it done. Father was Sicilian and as you’d expect there were bits of DNA from parts N, S, E & W. That was what interested me. I’m glad he got it done because I wasn’t about to.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

We’re talking ancestory here, correct?

Yes and ancestry is tested via genes.  You get genes from both sides of family but not necessarily same ones.  Testing can reveal something in Y chromosome which would not be seen by testing in this case sister.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes and ancestry is tested via genes.  You get genes from both sides of family but not necessarily same ones.  Testing can reveal something in Y chromosome which would not be seen by testing in this case sister.

So a male and female with the same parents will show different ancestry?

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

A single person can show markedly different ancestry, depending on who's interpreting the results.

It's not an exact science.  In fact, it's not even very good science.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

A single person can show markedly different ancestry, depending on who's interpreting the results.

It's not an exact science.  In fact, it's not even very good science.

No because in this testing they do not test all of the chromosomes but test what they believe are key ones.  

It is not so much as a test but a survey.  I do not believe there is a standards organization for these testers.

Having said that I'd be interested in results of test since I do not know ancestry from one side of family since my father divorced when I was 3 and only time I have seen or heard from my maternal mother side of family except at her wake.

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No because in this testing they do not test all of the chromosomes but test what they believe are key ones.  

It is not so much as a test but a survey.  I do not believe there is a standards organization for these testers.

Having said that I'd be interested in results of test since I do not know ancestry from one side of family since my father divorced when I was 3 and only time I have seen or heard from my maternal mother side of family except at her wake.

It's not the genetic side of the tests that vary.  It's the anthropological side.  Unless you're looking at populations that, for whatever reason, are relatively isolated, they end up being very fuzzy statistical measures, largely because people wildly underestimate how much mankind has migrated in the distant past.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, mead107 said:

I want  to get it done.  

Have you had it done? 

just rememeber they have your DNA they can now make the clone armies

I always wonder what the real intention of collecting all this DNA info is really going to be used for..

Rande, submit it under my info.

Government already has my DNA on file, so I got nothing to lose.

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I actually.know this from cattle, but, yes.

I had a bull that would make white Charolais heifers but have a painted look to his bull calves. Researched it a ton, talked to professors and cattle experts across the world a few weeks and learned a lot.   The most pure bloodlines of Charolais cattle will never be purely white, they will be strawberry-ish once grown with some painted brown about them at birth going back to early bovine roots.

22 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Rande, submit it under my info.

Government already has my DNA on file, so I got nothing to lose.

I actually.know this from cattle, but, yes.

I had a bull that would make white Charolais heifers but have a painted look to his bull calves. Researched it a ton, talked to professors and cattle experts across the world a few weeks and learned a lot.   The most pure bloodlines of Charolais cattle will never be purely white, they will be strawberry-ish once grown with some painted brown about them at birth going back to early bovine roots.

Would be interesting 

25 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Would be interesting 

You should have ally info enough to complete the form. I'd still use your birth year and make up a date, as well anything else

I am 1/8 Hungarian and 7/16 German, 1/16th french 5th generation on one side

And 3/4 German 8th generation with 1/4 mutt mixed in.

I know my history fairly well, and blonde hair, blue eyes whilst hung like a horse means I'm German af.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:08 PM, mead107 said:

I want  to get it done.  

Have you had it done? 

How much stromboli DNA do you have?

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

I had a Love youtube binge because of you.  Cost me 2 hours.

Rival of The Doors

7 and 7 Is still has rotation on my 60s playlist

26 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Tay-Sachs? Ashkenazi Jews.

????

I think the Sephardic as well claim DNA strands.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

What is "Love?"

Love was a group that came about in the 60's.   They never had commercial success, mainly because they were just too far ahead of the music scene.  Arthur Lee was the main song writer in the group.   Jimi Hendrix supposed said in an interview that Lee was his wardrobe inspiration.

Here is a live version of "7 and 7 is", 30+ years after the record was released.

The second song has live versions on Youtube but I thought I would include the album version for its precision.  I included it because the style is totally different than "7 and 7 is"

If you have time check out the compete albums, 1967, "Forever Changes" and 1969, "Four Sail"

I didn't mean to hijack the thread.  This would have gone better in one of the music threads, but I don't see how you link them.

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Seriously, guys, I want to know what love is...

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

Love was a group that came about in the 60's.   They never had commercial success, mainly because they were just too far ahead of the music scene.  Arthur Lee was the main song writer in the group.   Jimi Hendrix supposed said in an interview that Lee was his wardrobe inspiration.

Here is a live version of "7 and 7 is", 30+ years after the record was released.

The second song has live versions on Youtube but I thought I would include the album version for its precision.  I included it because the style is totally different than "7 and 7 is"

If you have time check out the compete albums, 1967, "Forever Changes" and 1969, "Four Sail"

I didn't mean to hijack the thread.  This would have gone better in one of the music threads, but I don't see how you link them.

So, I'm listening to this, not bad. Kind of moving, I like it. Is this the love that I'm feeling?

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

National crime database

didn't think of that one. we share similar DNA with family members so they could potentially even narrow down a criminal to family before finding the real culprit within.

Edited by ddaryl