Still no cheerleaders for the Bills?

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The wishbone is a more modern idea than cheerleaders in the NFL. It’s 2018. There is no place for them in today’s NFL.

Do the Dallas cheerleaders get paid? And do they get a portion of the proceeds from promotional appearances and calendars etc.? 

11 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Why do we need them?  I think cheerleaders are a thing of the past and should be done away with.  Do we really need half-naked women dancing?  This isn't just a sport for men anymore.  Women and children watch it.  Let's grow with the times not get stuck in old ones.  

Children like cheerbabes.....many a young man has enjoyed a Cheerbabe.....Many!

10 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Well then we disagree.  Sports are watched by many women and children, there is no need for half-naked women in sports.  It makes zero sense from a business standpoint. It's honestly disgusting.  Absolutely no need for them in any sport.  

First off they are NOT half naked......they are covered.....dude - WTF - this isn't the Sundowner......the girls were covered, did they display a little cleavage well hello McFly of course they did....and as I said above many a young man has enjoyed watching the Jills.....an some of the older guys too......not a freaking crime.  Don't be such a prude - you are going to a football game not a church......you are more then welcome to attend a service of your choice instead of a football game with cheerbabes.  Sheesh - SMFH!

10 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Question: What does half-naked women dancing have anything to do with what is now a family sport?  There are many other ways to promote a sport that is watched by women and children as well...

Oh the children - THE CHILDREN!!!!  OMFG COVER THEIR EYES!!!  Dude they will see MORE on ANY beach in the USA - quite obviously you have not been to a beach recently oh and they are family places too......sheesh - are you a catholic priest or something???  WTAF!!!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is a good example of women being too much trouble to bother with IMO.  Less headaches for the franchise if they don't bring them back.  They bring nothing to the games anyways, people these days would rather look at their phones for fantasy stats than cheerleaders...  Times change.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Because Bills cheerleaders were the ugliest in the league, and an embarrassment to the entire city... unless they hire professional models/dancers like the cowboys, I don’t want them back.

I agree that they certainly weren’t the nicest to look at and those jazz style jumpsuits weren’t doing them any favours.....on the colder days, they were practically wearing parkas, for Christ’s sakes.

• Haha (+1) 1

The cheerleading issue became  very murky, very quickly.  Employees, independent contractors, a small group of participants seeking justice for all, litigation. Ultimately just another cross section of business on America. 

I'd have no problem bringing the cheerleaders back.  In fact, if you're looking to expand your fan base, there are many fans that you no doubt would attract because of the cheerleaders, and not lose any. 

Cheerleading isn't about objectification for the participants and (for younger kids) their parents, it's about athletic involvement and achievement.  Outreach by the Bills/Jills to young ladies at the large numbers of Cheer competitions that are held most weekends in-season could likely only help the team expand its reach. Then again it's all about the numbers. Maybe they have looked at it and the model and there is no substantial benefit. 

21 hours ago, MC Hamburg said:

Im not clear why after all these years we still don't have a cheerleading squad...are we the only NFL team to not have them? I know there was a lawsuit of some sorts but isn't it settled by now?

I think what you are hearing from the Bills is, as a volunteer job- it had minimal value, as a paid job it has no value.