• Marshawn Lynch
    • Antowain Smith
    • Wray Carlton
    • Joe Cribbs
    • Kenneth Davis
    • Darrick Holmes
    • Other

17 minutes ago, vorpma said:

OJ great runner - TT greatest all around back and leader!

'all around back'...no. OJ was the best all around back.When you are in the top 3 running backs of all time you run the ball all the time.

1 minute ago, THE SLAMMER said:

$5 tickets on the 20

1.25 for every broad in the car

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh OJ was better, but love Thurman despite the helmet incident.  Plus he signed my Superman comic book in the Buffalo airport and handed us oranges during Delaware Avenue parade in old fashion cars.  We were riding our banana sear bikes at the time.  For all his later stupidity OJ was awesome when I was a kid.  Though as a guy, despite his early womanizing... I like Thurman better.

"The helmet incident"....the single most overblown story in Bills history. Someone moved his helmet. The Super Bowl is all drawn out pre-game nonsense, so some overzealous sideline assistant decided to straighten up the helmets or something, and Thomas is somehow found to be guilty of not having his mind on the game?

POPPYCOCK.

Edited by OJABBA
  • Like (+1) 1

Tough one. I voted Thurman because I think he is greatest Bills RB of all time and loved watching him play. But Fred Jackson is a VERY close second for me. That guy did everything right, played tough always, and had it much harder than Thurman. Both great backs. F OJ

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tcali said:

'all around back'...no. OJ was the best all around back.When you are in the top 3 running backs of all time you run the ball all the time.

1.25 for every broad in the car

50 cent beer, $1 program

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Gotta go with the real McCoy. NFL legend with Barry Sanders-esque ability. He can do everything, including pass blocking and is an awesome receiver.

If I'm putting together and All-Bills team, only OJ comes close to winning the job over McCoy.

Thurman Thomas would also be in the running.

Larry Centers would be my FB.

If Larry Centers is your FB, you never saw Cookie Gilchrist.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

My first favorite running back was Robb Riddick. 15 tds in 1988. Most of them from the 1 yard line

I  voted Cribbs, but Robb would have been number 2. I have his autograph on a piece of paper with Reich, Kidd, and Burroughs from when they stopped by my high school to play basketball.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted for McCoy. I'm too young to remember Thurman Thomas. I loved Fred Jackson, but he was only an above average running back. McCoy is an elite RB and makes some mind boggling plays.

I'm a late 70's baby, so I can't consider OJ and Cribbs since they were before my time.  I saw every snap that Thurman played and he was our most productive running back ever, so I'll go with him.  Never hit the big flashy breakaway runs, but he was the best in the NFL at setting up his blockers and always finding himself 3-4 yards even when nothing was there.  Great pass catcher too.  Shady is a close second, but he has too many zero and negative yardage carries.

54 minutes ago, chris heff said:

If Larry Centers is your FB, you never saw Cookie Gilchrist.

Right on, Larry Centers is not in the same universe as Cookie; IMHO the greatest FB in the game after Jim Brown!

10 minutes ago, BuckeyeBill said:

No love for Spiller, huh?  I remember a two year stretch where I thought he was one of the best in the league.  Not surprised with the "no love" for McGahee.

I went down to Cleveland w some buddies for a game in 2012.  I'm pretty sure he got hurt that game, but there was a play he made where we all looked at each other and smiled thinking "we had something."  He had a great year in 2012.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OJABBA said:

"The helmet incident"....the single most overblown story in Bills history. Someone moved his helmet. The Super Bowl is all drawn out pre-game nonsense, so some overzealous sideline assistant decided to straighten up the helmets or something, and Thomas is somehow found to be guilty of not having his mind on the game?

POPPYCOCK.

It was people working with Harry Conick Jr. (Spelling) who sang God bless America before the game that moved Thurman's helmet...and Thurman was my vote he was the best to watch in every situation, need one yard he turns sideways and gets it, 3 and 12 draw, runs around three guys and picks it up...shady could learn a lot from him!!!!