Buffalo buzzing after Bills draft picks, Sabres lottery win

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

Bills look to be able to sustain being a winning team but the Sabres are not even close. Watching NHL playoffs, Sabres have a long way to go

If Dahlin is as good as everyone says he is, they should absolutely be competing for a playoff spot. Reinhart was finally finding his game at the end of last season. Eichel will be a top 10 scorer in the league. Still need a goalie though

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If Dahlin is as good as everyone says he is, they should absolutely be competing for a playoff spot. Reinhart was finally finding his game at the end of last season. Eichel will be a top 10 scorer in the league. Still need a goalie though

A great goalie can mask many other deficiencies on the ice. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Right, I think forwards should be ok...defense and goaltending need improvement. Risto back to form would be very helpful

51 minutes ago, nucci said:

Bills look to be able to sustain being a winning team but the Sabres are not even close. Watching NHL playoffs, Sabres have a long way to go

Every team looks so much faster and better in the playoffs..just can't compare regular Sabres to playoff Any Team..Sabres still sucked this year though!!!

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Every team looks so much faster and better in the playoffs..just can't compare regular Sabres to playoff Any Team..Sabres still sucked this year though!!!

I know and the playoffs are a level up but these teams have so much talent

46 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think you can add Mittelstadt to the list. The kid plays the last six games of the season and has 5 points. You also have Guhle that should be ready to go full time next year. Adding him and Dahlin could shore up the Blue line for years. This team is close, really close.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

The Sabres are in such disarray that every team who plays them EXPECT 2 points. We’re a long way away there and I think the Bills tumble back to 6-10ish. Simply not enough talent to compete.

I disagree on the Bills...I think the defense will be much better this year.....obviously QB play is key but McCoy, Clay, Benjamin....there is still some talent on offense and we should get better QB play than Taylor

Just now, nucci said:

I know and the playoffs are a level up but these teams have so much talent

Sabres not as far as everyone thinks..wont go into detail here..but I think 2 or 3 moves cleanses this team and gets the Sabres playing the "housley" system

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Sabres not as far as everyone thinks..wont go into detail here..but I think 2 or 3 moves cleanses this team and gets the Sabres playing the "housley" system

I'm hoping. Tired of no playoffs

Edited by nucci

Just now, nucci said:

I disagree on the Bills...I think the defense will be much better this year.....obviously QB play is key but McCoy, Clay, Benjamin....there is still some talent on offense and we should get better QB play than Taylor

After we lost Dareus, we couldn’t have gotten much worse. The fortuitous T/Os by the Secondary masked that. Milano had a fine start to his career and hopefully will grow. But we didn’t address our woeful pass rush, IMO. The few stars we have left on offense will be negated by suspect at best OL play, I fear. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

After we lost Dareus, we couldn’t have gotten much worse. The fortuitous T/Os by the Secondary masked that. Milano had a fine start to his career and hopefully will grow. But we didn’t address our woeful pass rush, IMO. The few stars we have left on offense will be negated by suspect at best OL play, I fear. 

I think they absolutely addressed the pash rush. Trent Murphy on the outside, Star and Horrible Harry clogging the middle and pushing the pocket back..all will have a positive effect I believe!

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The Sabres are in such disarray that every team who plays them EXPECT 2 points. We’re a long way away there and I think the Bills tumble back to 6-10ish. Simply not enough talent to compete.

really can't muster up just a little optimism. Got be that debbie bowner.

13 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

really can't muster up just a little optimism. Got be that debbie bowner.

Yep.  Can't muster it up.  Kept down for so long... Hard not to be. Always on the leash, keeps people doubtful and cynical.  But the Leagues know they don't have to build a fan base in BFLo. They then can give handouts to other teams that might lose them some $$$$$.  It's how the world works now. They got us in the bank.

BFLo really needs to get out of sports business and move on... Nothing but being strung along as League chumps.

I am shocked the Sabres won lottery.  Probably the ball that should have dropped was the Blackhawks... Somebody probably got fired for that eff up.  18.5% chance?  You gotta be kidding... Carolina 3% and they move up big time...Habs... Other 2/3rds of plan worked.

And you wonder why a pissed of blue collar base votes for the amoral of the world.

Oh well... Count me into the Debbie Downer plugging away crowd.  ONLY with things that don't matter in life though: Sports. :P

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep.  Can't muster it up.  Kept down for so long... Hard not to be. Always on the leash, keeps people doubtful and cynical.  But the Leagues know they don't have to build a fan base in BFLo. They then can give handouts to other teams that might lose them some $$$$$.  It's how the world works now. They got us in the bank.

BFLo really needs to get out of sports business and move on... Nothing but being strung along as League chumps.

I am shocked the Sabres won lottery.  Probably the ball that should have dropped was the Blackhawks... Somebody probably got fired for that eff up.  18.5% chance?  You gotta be kidding... Carolina 3% and they move up big time...Habs... Other 2/3rds of plan worked.

And you wonder why a pissed of blue collar base votes for the amoral of the world.

Oh well... Count me into the Debbie Downer plugging away crowd.  ONLY with things that don't matter in life though: Sports. :P

If you feel this way you could excuse yourself from the forums.

I mean you want Buffalo out of the sports business all together than why waste everyones time here who do not share that thought. I don't care how pathetic Buffalo sports is or gets I am true blue till death

The world is already negative enough... and yes I feel the pain, but if you have already given up all together don't be th eperson that has ot drag everyobody down with them

please, and thank you

Edited by ddaryl
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

So you automatically assume the best for the Sabres #1 pick but assume the worst for the Bills #7 pick. Why the double standard?

38 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

I think you can add Mittelstadt to the list. The kid plays the last six games of the season and has 5 points. You also have Guhle that should be ready to go full time next year. Adding him and Dahlin could shore up the Blue line for years. This team is close, really close.

To be fair, if Mittlestadt has 35-40pts next season, that will be a success in my book.  Our defense is still pretty bad.  A return to respectability will be a win in my book!

15 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

If you feel this way you could excuse yourself from the forums.

I mean you want Buffalo out of the sports business all together than why waste everyones time here who do not share that thought. I don't care how pathetic Buffalo sports is or gets I am true blue till death

The world is already negative enough... and yes I feel the pain, but if you have already given up all together don't be th eperson that has ot drag everyobody down with them

please, and thank you

I understand and thank you for your reality check.

I haven't given up, just beaten down.  

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I understand and thank you for your reality check.

I haven't given up, just beaten down.  

Well that I can appreciate that... and I fall prey to it myself especially mid season.

Its hard enough, so I'd rather go skipping through the lilly fields of hope  at this junction

Just now, ddaryl said:

Well that I can appreciate that... and I fall prey to it myself especially mid season.

Its hard enough, so I'd rather go skipping through the lilly fields of hope  at this junction

At times I do... But the cynicism gets to me.  The system is rigged to keep people like us hanging on the line.

I am not saying give-up... But I really question, if moving on may have been better in long haul.

Maybe we should just fold and become expansion teams in a few years... Start gaming the system.

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

At times I do... But the cynicism gets to me.  The system is rigged to keep people like us hanging on the line.

I am not saying give-up... But I really question, if moving on may have been better in long haul.

Maybe we should just fold and become expansion teams in a few years... Start gaming the system.

well I definitley do not feel like that "giving up" I do get a bit bitchy at times and cynical but it's fleeting. the Bills over acheived last year and I can see them over acheiving again this year. Got to like Coach McDermott, and him and Beane are on the same page. I really beleive McD puts players in position to suceed and exceed... I think he iwl do more with less again this year

Sabres wil be shedding the dead weight vets this year and I have to beleive Bottterill is a much better GM than Murray was even though did have hopes for Murray. But Dahlin wil be huge because the one thing the Sabres lack is players who can carry the puck into the other teams zone and keep it there. Him and Guhle should chage how the Sabres play next year considerably

Pegulas as new owners defintely had growing pains but there latest hires are much better. If the wheels come off 1/3 of the way into both seasons I'll go find other things to keep me occupy and look for fresh restart in 2019 as always. its jsut entertainment and I can keep it from consuming me somewhat

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

I am an Islanders fan, so believe me when I tell you Sabres fans we might be one team in the league who is worse off...

That aside, the NFL and NHL are better leagues when Buffalo is winning, there is zero question about that.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, stony said:

To be fair, if Mittlestadt has 35-40pts next season, that will be a success in my book.  Our defense is still pretty bad.  A return to respectability will be a win in my book!

Yes I agree a 40 point season would be huge for him. And based on a stupidly small sample size (6 games) no reason to think the kid cant do it. Eichel had 56 his rookie season.

You add Dahlin and Guhle to the D and it can improve quickly.

3 hours ago, stony said:

If Mittlestadt has 40 pts next season I’ll **** a squirrel 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Well aren't you just the life of the party...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

well I definitley do not feel like that "giving up" I do get a bit bitchy at times and cynical but it's fleeting. the Bills over acheived last year and I can see them over acheiving again this year. Got to like Coach McDermott, and him and Beane are on the same page. I really beleive McD puts players in position to suceed and exceed... I think he iwl do more with less again this year

Sabres wil be shedding the dead weight vets this year and I have to beleive Bottterill is a much better GM than Murray was even though did have hopes for Murray. But Dahlin wil be huge because the one thing the Sabres lack is players who can carry the puck into the other teams zone and keep it there. Him and Guhle should chage how the Sabres play next year considerably

Pegulas as new owners defintely had growing pains but there latest hires are much better. If the wheels come off 1/3 of the way into both seasons I'll go find other things to keep me occupy and look for fresh restart in 2019 as always. its jsut entertainment and I can keep it from consuming me somewhat

Still think the Sabres are 2-3 very good wingers and a goalie away from being competitive.  They need consistent scoring.  A decent FA signing and a couple young guns like CJ Smith and Malone stepping up could go a long way.  Too many jags on this team in top six to do too much.

7 hours ago, nucci said:

Just need an expansion draft... 

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Blaming the expansion process for the Sabres being terrible is such a lame excuse.

The NHL has a hard salary cap, each team has an equal chance of developing and retaining talent. This isn’t MLB! The Sabres have no one to blame but themselves, they have been around long enough they should develop a process and follow it. 

If the new GM fails, have the Pegula dog pick the next one.

52 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Blaming the expansion process for the Sabres being terrible is such a lame excuse.

The NHL has a hard salary cap, each team has an equal chance of developing and retaining talent. This isn’t MLB! The Sabres have no one to blame but themselves, they have been around long enough they should develop a process and follow it. 

If the new GM fails, have the Pegula dog pick the next one.

No.  Not blaming it at all.  Just want a piece of the hand out too.

#MeToo

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Vegas just made it to the Western finals with a bunch of misfits. I have no idea what the Sabres front office is doing. None at all.

And the last 2-Time defending Cup goalie.

Quite a misfit.  Quite a narrative.

When was last time a team won back to back?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

If you want to read about your football team without feeling like someone is trying to goose you into a meltdown, you need only read Wawrow.

This is how it's done properly, because it's done professionally...not with an axe to grind.

• Like (+1) 2