Apologies to Doug Marrone as we learn more about the environment

JoeF

We're keeping Whaley and Brandon...that's all I would have needed to hear from Terry Pegula.  I would have opted out as well.  Remember when he confronted Monos and the clown show broke it up..

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/5/6110233/doug-marrone-buffalo-bills-officials

I admit Coach was an arse..but in hindsight, it was likely at least partially justified. 

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't think of a single nice thing to say about Marrone.

Just now, Gugny said:

I'll maintain this forever:  Had we kept Marrone and Whaley, this team would have been a perennial playoff team.  We were a QB away.  

Good then we know to disregard any of your opinions. thx.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OJABBA said:

I can't think of a single nice thing to say about Marrone.

All this said, I want the Bills to beat the hell out of the Jags at New Era this year...not just win but stomp them....the first time Bortles scrambles I hope Tremaine just plants him....Hey Blake -- remember Preston Brown--umm he's with the Bengals now...our new LB is faster than you...

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Marrone sucks.  Jags wouldn't be where they are now without Coughlin in the FO.  

Happy--I agree with the Coughlin part.  Marrone needs a mentor...

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll maintain this forever:  Had we kept Marrone and Whaley, this team would have been a perennial playoff team.  We were a QB away.  

Tell me if I'm wrong...but didn't Whaley like Mahomes?

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Dougy was not a long term guy I’d be happy with. Not a horrible coach, but I like where we are today. 

I agree Augie....I think we are in better shape today than with Marrone.  I am just projecting that Marrone was disgusted with the work environment and Terry and Kim were not going to give him the authority they have given McDermott -- hell they barely knew him.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Dougy was not a long term guy I’d be happy with. Not a horrible coach, but I like where we are today. 

I gotta agree. Doug may have gotten us to the playoffs by year 4. But he's too dang conservative to be a SB HC. He's like the Tyrod Taylor of HCs

I like McD a lot. He seems to have brought order and discipline to the team and organization as a whole. Hopefully he continues to build this thing stronger (although I am concerned about our offense)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

4 million dollars I'm sure helped him feel a little better 

Would have done it for me....just barely though...not a damn penny less ;-)