What Is Your Favorite (or Least Favorite) Russ Brandon Memory

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also his fist pump in the war room after the Watkins trade 

That picture should more or less summarize the Marrone era.

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

And then, a few years later, he was the one announcing that the Toronto deal would not be extended.

I always got the sense he wanted to be the guy who could say it was over when in fact it was his thing to begin with.

Truthfully I have always been skeptical Toronto was all Bills driven. Given the NFL's push to international markets, the fact we had a really old owner without a replacement plan, and the want for a better stadium in Buffalo I have always thought the NFL had at least a piece in that decision. I think they may have said "if you plan on regionalizing the team and trying to stay long term we need to see you in Toronto". Not at all doubting Brandon drove that himself and in general Brandon for mostly better did help regionalize the team across the State and Canada. But yea Toronto straight up sucked.

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

The time he "privately" boasted to other male community business leaders at a cocktail function...maybe Buffalo Club members, or some other such affluent network...about his recent visit to a Japanese brothel. Essentially it boiled to him being revered as some very "large" American man for whom their prophylactics were too small. Rich stuff, especially if you've stood next to him.  

Were has this been reported?  I don’t buy it from what people told me Russ.  Seems like a stand up, dude.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, corta765 said:

That picture should more or less summarize the Marrone era.

Truthfully I have always been skeptical Toronto was all Bills driven. Given the NFL's push to international markets, the fact we had a really old owner without a replacement plan, and the want for a better stadium in Buffalo I have always thought the NFL had at least a piece in that decision. I think they may have said "if you plan on regionalizing the team and trying to stay long term we need to see you in Toronto". Not at all doubting Brandon drove that himself and in general Brandon for mostly better did help regionalize the team across the State and Canada. But yea Toronto straight up sucked.

I always felt that the Toronto thing was basically a deal between Wilson and Rogers, initiated by Ted Rogers who had plans to purchase and move the Bills once Mr Wilson passed away.  Wilson got a bag of money, and the NFL was pleased, as it increased the international market and also brought in money.  

The way Brandon would justify it and defend it came off very poorly to me.  

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His stewardship in the interim period between Ralph passing and the Pegula's purchasing the team.    Good luck on your next stop as an imperfect person just like the rest of us mortals. 

Nicely said!

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

It was just "reported" by me in my post. I was there. These kinds of anecdotes are not uncommon.

For real?  All I know is that the people who knew Russ always said he was a great guy.   No wild stories like this.

Maybe its this kind of talk that related in the “professional conduct” allegation.  

Anybody found it funny how the old thread started in community harmony and rapidly went down to anger about politics? Everything was peaches last night. Just checked to see it closed after some fiery hot takes.

Worst?  How about not being able to build a new stadium for the last 20 friggin years.   Dude should be power slammed through a burning table. 

12 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Anybody found it funny how the old thread started in community harmony and rapidly went down to anger about politics? Everything was peaches last night. Just checked to see it closed after some fiery hot takes.

Russ Brandon brings out the worst in people.  He is like the slime in Ghostbusters 2

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Typical nitwits. 

I was disappointed too, ruined such a glorious event.

• Haha (+1) 1