Vegas over/under rookie QB starts

It would HAVE to be for this season because any season after, they wouldn’t be rookies.

Still pretty brazen considering AJ’s national champion OC is the current OC. AJ will probably have a considerable leash. Especially since everyone’s plan is to sit Allen.

Edited by benderbender

I understand this is a betting proposition, but for us Bills fans the Allen selection is a long term investment.  It is not the first season we should be concerned with, but rather how he does long term.  I don’t care if he doesn’t start a game all season, but I do care if he is the answer at QB for the 10 years thereafter (or isn’t the answer).

I won’t argue the disparity in natural talent, but Josh has an awful lot of learning to do -including better footwork. I don’t want to see him ‘thrown to the wolves’ and I don’t think ‘McBeane’ does either. 

Maybe 5 games near the end of the season..

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I did not expect this. Vegas thinks Allen is the most likely rookie QB to start 10+ games this year. These odds are begging people to take the under on Allen which is a sign they know something.

They know Aj McCarron and Nate Peterman are the other Qbs on the roster.

Edited by Mat68

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I did not expect this. Vegas thinks Allen is the most likely rookie QB to start 10+ games this year. These odds are begging people to take the under on Allen which is a sign they know something.

I would say there is a very good chance he beats the over. I've said before he is going to look very good in training camp and preseason next to the other guys. Even if they hold him out Week 1, he'll be in shortly thereafter.

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Allen number is a reflection of McCarron and Peterman as his competition. 

I think it's also the typical national opinion.  "They traded away Tyrod so Allen must be the starter."

1 minute ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I think it's also the typical national opinion.  "They traded away Tyrod so Allen must be the starter."

If that were the case the number would be higher.  The number is likely set with Allen taking over as the starter after the season begins.  Seems high to me as I think McCarron will start at least halfway into the season if not longer.