Bills UDFA signings & Rookie minicamp invitees

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

What I'm getting at is Bill's got 18 million right now.

After rookie signing (deferring lower cost players will cost around 5 million) that leaves 13 million.

Beane had said he wants 7 million or so as a buffer.

That leaves 5-6 million.

Tremendous, got it.  Thank you.

knew about the “buffer” but didn’t think they had really defined it.

5-6 million.  1 guy, maybe two depending.

oline, maybe or a WR.

8 minutes ago, RFL said:

hahahaha....yeah I remember.....and Little Beaver.....although as I got older that took a different meaning lol

...at least Ward DID apologize to June for "being a little rough on the beaver last night" right???..................

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That's fine, probably a lie, but I assure you they did not have him as their #1 quarterback in the draft like Trappasso. 

Of course not. They said something like they had him right up there with the other 1st rounders.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Tremendous, got it.  Thank you.

knew about the “buffer” but didn’t think they had really defined it.

5-6 million.  1 guy, maybe two depending.

oline, maybe or a WR.

He talked in generalities about it.

Top 51 cap becomes all contracts at beginning of season.

53 Roster players

Injured Reserve players

Practice Squad

Extra 2-3 for "in season" injury replacements.

Most teams not wanting to cut it too close keep 5-10 million out of the Top 51 Cap Limit for these reasons.

Of course there are 2 June 1st designated contracts that could move some Dead Money to 2018.

He may think he can go a little more than 5-6 million.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

they are bringing in a ton of slot types .   This could be a clue of what kind of offense they will run.  Bases on the receivers looks like a pats roster.  Crossing patterns all day and night 

With Clay slipping thru the confusion?  I would like to see more of that!

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

An OT with a track scholarship???

Just looked him up- he was a discus thrower.

"Has good size, but lacks adequate athletic ability and pass protection talent to hold up as an NFL tackle," according to NFL.com draft profile.  But, he didn't come to the U.S. as a football player, and doesn't have a much experience. Maybe this guy has potential? 6'7", but not a lot of numbers on the guy, otherwise.

15 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

they are bringing in a ton of slot types .   This could be a clue of what kind of offense they will run.  Bases on the receivers looks like a pats roster.  Crossing patterns all day and night 

I think it has more to do with the WR already on roster. Kelvin, Zay, Holmes, Streater, Reilly, Dupre are a lot like each other. They needed more variety hence the picks and UDFA signings, along with Kerley/Clay. 

24 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

An OT with a track scholarship???

Just looked him up- he was a discus thrower.

"Has good size, but lacks adequate athletic ability and pass protection talent to hold up as an NFL tackle," according to NFL.com draft profile.  But, he didn't come to the U.S. as a football player, and doesn't have a much experience. Maybe this guy has potential? 6'7", but not a lot of numbers on the guy, otherwise.

Makes up for my disappointment of missing out on that rugby player...